What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14: V Gus's new BFF (the worriers)

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Up on the central coast.

Could be another tricky game if the boys read too much of their press this week.

The Warriors comming off a good win.....so we need to treat this game with it's due respect.

Knuckle down boys and be prepared to get ya hands dirty.

Edwards will come back in.

Only other change might be May going back to the bench with Laurie dropping out, but I think it’ll stay the same. Week after when To’o is back I’d assume May would go back to the bench.

maple_69

Bench
I expect Edwards will be back. I can’t see much point in Laurie being on the bench in that case. I’d go Burns and give all the starters lighter minutes this week. Or Burton and try and give him a good 30 mins in the second half.

Fangs

Coach
Bit dangerous. Warriors are the definition of hot and cold. They started extremely well against Manly and let their foot off the gas just as quickly.

Ivan spoke of resting players subject to the Manly game. This may be Burton's shot.

franklin2323

Immortal
Bit dangerous. Warriors are the definition of hot and cold. They started extremely well against Manly and let their foot off the gas just as quickly.

Ivan spoke of resting players subject to the Manly game. This may be Burton's shot.

I think we see where we stand in a few weeks then rest guys. We end with Bris. Parra. Cowboys. Dogs

Save the resting until then. Wait to see where we sit until then

tripster

Juniors
I would look at giving Tamou a rest this week, we have the middle forwards to cover him.

I would be apprehensive about leaving him out. Our starts to games have been incredible, but our 'dips' have then been happening when both him and JFH are off the field (usually both are off by 25-30 mins into the first half). JFH usually comes back before Tamou in the second half, but we don't seem to recover our composure completely until both Tamou and JFH are on.

At the moment our general rhythm seems to be - excellent for first 20 mins, start to really dip by 30 minutes. Pretty suspect in the start the second half, recover by the final 20 mins. A lot of that is tied to having both Tamou and JFH on the field at the same time imho.

betcats

Referee
I would be apprehensive about leaving him out. Our starts to games have been incredible, but our 'dips' have then been happening when both him and JFH are off the field (usually both are off by 25-30 mins into the first half). JFH usually comes back before Tamou in the second half, but we don't seem to recover our composure completely until both Tamou and JFH are on.

At the moment our general rhythm seems to be - excellent for first 20 mins, start to really dip by 30 minutes. Pretty suspect in the start the second half, recover by the final 20 mins. A lot of that is tied to having both Tamou and JFH on the field at the same time imho.

I agree thats kind of why I want to rest him now and maybe again just before the finals if we are healthy enough. No disrespect to the warriors but they are not a strong side through the middle, if we play well we can win that battle without Tamou.

WestyLife

First Grade

I agree thats kind of why I want to rest him now and maybe again just before the finals if we are healthy enough. No disrespect to the warriors but they are not a strong side through the middle, if we play well we can win that battle without Tamou.

Exactly. It's what he brings to the team we want ready to go at 110% come finals. He'll only need one or two games since there's no bye round.

franklin2323

Immortal
Our best 17 is sorted. Resting guys now is just about freshing guys up. Also keeps those just outside the squad match fit incase we need them

maple_69

Bench
Who do you see that being?

Starting 13 is pretty obvious. Edwards, Mansour, Crichton, Naden, To’o, Luai, Cleary, JFH, Api, Tamou, Kikau, Martin, Yeo.

Bench I think there’s a few ways you could go. May, Leota, Leniu would be in for sure for me with Tetevano, Capewell and Burns a toss up for the last spot. I tend to think Ivan’s first choice bench would be May, Leota, Tetevano, Capewell.

murraymob

Coach
I love how everyone thinks this game is won before we kick off.They are dangourus they have nothing to lose and each game they are closer to going home.If fact losing green could be a huge bonus as there kids now get a crack

WestyLife

First Grade
I love how everyone thinks this game is won before we kick off.They are dangourus they have nothing to lose and each game they are closer to going home.If fact losing green could be a huge bonus as there kids now get a crack

It's more we can rest a forward without weakening the pack too badly.

Whino

Bench
Could be another tricky game if the boys read too much of their press this week.

Luckily Ivan has created a costly distraction. The vultures in the media will be feeding off that for a bit. Especially the idiots with an axe to grind from Newscorp.

A suspicious mind in me thinks it was deliberate.
To gain better calls with the refs and to take the focus of us going for a record 9th straight win.

WestyLife

First Grade
Luckily Ivan has created a costly distraction. The vultures in the media will be feeding off that for a bit. Especially the idiots with an axe to grind from Newscorp.

To gain better calls with the refs and to take the focus of us going for a record 9th straight win.

Ah they call that the Wayne Bennett

Alintheeast

Juniors
I am probably missing something but why is it necessary to rest someone when the season in terms physical outlay is only 18 games plus finals and they are playing about 40 minutes a game. Big guys need work and as long as Tamou stays healthy he should be playing. He is also the captain/leader and we loose a lot when he is not on the pitch. (Amazing the cliches you can spit out). Same for Fish who looks like someone who enjoys being out there.
Traditionally we rise or fall to the level of our opponents and games like the Warriors can sometimes slip away with a couple of injuries.

betcats

Referee
I am probably missing something but why is it necessary to rest someone when the season in terms physical outlay is only 18 games plus finals and they are playing about 40 minutes a game. Big guys need work and as long as Tamou stays healthy he should be playing. He is also the captain/leader and we loose a lot when he is not on the pitch. (Amazing the cliches you can spit out). Same for Fish who looks like someone who enjoys being out there.
Traditionally we rise or fall to the level of our opponents and games like the Warriors can sometimes slip away with a couple of injuries.

I dont think its necessary but more like a luxury, you do it if you can afford to.

franklin2323

Immortal

There wouldn't be a single player without a niggle of some sort. You don't want those niggles becoming serious

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

I was think the same. There is no way that fine is comming out of Ivan's hip pocket. It will come out of 'petty cash' within the bowels of the club.

I saw it as 'a shot across the bow' for future games. Give the media something else to obsess over.

Latest posts