What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ivan Cleary hit with $20k breach notice

skeepe

Immortal
Really? The score was 28-12.
He was clearly referring to the 4-12 second half score, but I wouldn’t expect a simpleton Panthers fan to understand.

On the fine, rightly so. Ivan acted like a prize wanker, which ironically means he fits right in at Penrith, and absolutely should have been fined.

He’s such a pathetic excuse for a human, honestly. The shit he pulled at the Tigers, the way he conducts himself. Embarrassing.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Will be interesting to see if Annesley mentions any of the contentious decisions in his wrap up this week.

I suspect he'll tow the company line, and either ignore any wrong decisions, or will only mention decisions that wrongly went the Panthers way.

Don't want to go against the Supreme Leader.
Annesley routinely points out refereeing errors in these weekly broadcasts, no idea what this garbage is supposed to mean.

The_Frog

First Grade
uh yeah... it was 12-4 in the second half and your 4 points came from penalties.
Well I guess you can take some solace that your team finally decided to play footy when the game was already over, and if you'd done this from the start it might have been a different game. Hopefully you'll be ready at the start next time.

It happened to us in the finals a few years ago, against your side. We won the last 20 minutes 12-4, exactly the same score, after being outplayed early. It didn't mean shit then and it doesn't now. And yes, the 4 was from penalties.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I do wonder if they dont have the intelligence to be guarded and careful about what they say in a presser how on earth do they manage a football team? I mean I could understand it if his team had been robbed a victory in the dying seconds due to a bad call but they had just won.

The_Frog

First Grade
I do wonder if they dont have the intelligence to be guarded and careful about what they say in a presser how on earth do they manage a football team? I mean I could understand it if his team had been robbed a victory in the dying seconds due to a bad call but they had just won.
Must have really stuck in his craw, hey. After all the bloke has now coached 345 games and this is the first time he's been fined for his post match comments, unless I'm mistaken. He's hardly Sticky or Des.

SDM

First Grade
He just had to say it differently. Something like teams that are getting pumped seem to get most of the 50-50 calls, unless they are playing the Storm

shear_joy9

Coach
Wouldn’t expect anything less from someone with as little class and integrity as Ivan.

he’s got a choke leash around the panthers as well. He can never be fired without the threat of losing golden child Nathan

The_Frog

First Grade
Wouldn’t expect anything less from someone with as little class and integrity as Ivan.

he’s got a choke leash around the panthers as well. He can never be fired without the threat of losing golden child Nathan
Why would they fire him? Trying to outdo the Griffin sacking while in 5th place? He is the coach of the most successful football team of the NRL era at this point in the season (level with the 2002 Bulldogs whose points were then stripped).

betcats

Referee

Whats Ivan done that Ricky hasnt?

shear_joy9

Coach
Why would they fire him? Trying to outdo the Griffin sacking while in 5th place? He is the coach of the most successful football team of the NRL era at this point in the season (level with the 2002 Bulldogs whose points were then stripped).

things can turn pear shaped very quickly. Cleary receives more praise than Michael Jordan but a serious injury to Koroisau and they are barely a top 8 side.

The_Frog

First Grade
things can turn pear shaped very quickly. Cleary receives more praise than Michael Jordan but a serious injury to Koroisau and they are barely a top 8 side.
That bloke you said couldn't play centre. He went allright, hey? He can play dummy half too. We've got Kenny as well. Neither is quite Koroisau though. Every team is a few injuries away from disaster. I'm wondering how your mob will go with both Hodgson and Havili crook.

Reflector

Juniors
I knew he'd get fined and I suppose if you're not allowed to talk about certain things you get a fine if you do. So I'm not arguing against the fine at all. What I am arguing against is the WWE type choreographing of football games. We all see it happening, you just aren't allowed to talk about it. Just like WWE.

State of Origin comes to mind straight away.