What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13: Parra v Sharks GAME DAY thread (9/8/20)

Bandwagon

Staff member
Also how funny is it to see a first grade coach that doesn’t know the rules. Yes you are allowed to push in scrums. Teams don’t usually do it because the ball is in and out so quickly there’s no point. You’re just better off breaking as soon as you can and get onto the defensive line.
Maybe if your team didn’t hold the ball in the scrum trying to catch us offside you would have won the scrum, you idiot.

I f**king hate that trying to milk a penalty holding the ball in, it might be "smart" but it's a shit merkin play. They tried it, and we were onto it the second time around with the push, even if you don't gain possession, it still makes the back of the scrum a dogs breakfast for the lock, and negates any potential advantage from a shit merkin tactic being used.

Storm do this more than anyone, particularly when the scrum is deep inside their own half, every game they try it on, teams should learn from what we did there and make the tactic too risky to try on.

Gronk

Staff member
Ferguson isn't getting dropped.
Blake isn't either. All he needs to do is take a few more hit ups when in own end.

Sivo needs to be given a rocket. And must do more hit ups. If not you bring Dunster or Taka in.
I don't get the Sivo pile on. Seems that if he's not scoring a few a week and busting heads, then he's not trying.

Meanwhile Ponga or Teddy can have a wow game once a month and merkins do a little dance.

IFR33K

Coach
I don't get the Sivo pile on. Seems that if he's not scoring a few a week and busting heads, then he's not trying.

Meanwhile Ponga or Teddy can have a wow game once a month and merkins do a little dance.

I wouldn’t expect you to.

there’s more to RL than scoring tries and these 3 have had issues pretty much all year. If BA is happy to accept what they’re dishing out than I guess waqa running out of the line, sivo being infield too often and fergos brain farts are all part of the plan.

Gronk

Staff member
I wouldn’t expect you to.

there’s more to RL than scoring tries and these 3 have had issues pretty much all year. If BA is happy to accept what they’re dishing out than I guess waqa running out of the line, sivo being infield too often and fergos brain farts are all part of the plan.

You think that Dunster and Taka would offer more than Sivo and Fergo ?

parra pete

Referee
I heard it was pull. Confused the hell out of the Sharks, that’s why they were pushed off so easily.

An out-of-towner drove his car into a ditch in a desolated area near Booligal. Luckily, a local farmer came to help with his big strong horse named Buddy.
He hitched Buddy up to the car and yelled, “Pull, Nellie, pull!” Buddy didn’t move.
Then the farmer hollered, “Pull, Buster, pull!” Buddy didn’t respond.
Once more the farmer commanded, “Pull, Coco, pull!” Nothing.
Then the farmer nonchalantly said, “Pull, Buddy, pull!” And the horse easily dragged the car out of the ditch.
The motorist was most appreciative and very curious. He asked the farmer why he called his horse by the wrong name three times.
The farmer said, “Oh, Buddy is blind and if he thought he was the only one pulling, he wouldn’t even try!”

IFR33K

Coach
You think that Dunster and Taka would offer more than Sivo and Fergo ?

Wtf is fergo offering as of this season? Like I’ve said, I wouldn’t mind one of them dropped just for a week to put the entire team on notice. As for taka, he was a standout last year as a winger. We’ll get exposed like a mfer against the storm in two weeks on current form. Maybe dropping one wouldn’t be a bad idea this week.

84 Baby

Referee
Wtf is fergo offering as of this season? Like I’ve said, I wouldn’t mind one of them dropped just for a week to put the entire team on notice. As for taka, he was a standout last year as a winger. We’ll get exposed like a mfer against the storm in two weeks on current form. Maybe dropping one wouldn’t be a bad idea this week.
Top that @Mr Parramatta
FMD...