What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs The Green Machine

The_Frog

First Grade
He literally just got in the way of the guys who were desperate to stop the try. He is a good enough back up for us atm but id be trying to get Laurie some game time and see if he can do the job in case Dyl goes down again.
Could have so easily stopped the first Raiders try by putting his leg under the ball, and while he was probably never stopping the 40/20, he could have tried harder. Ivan needs to have a little chat with him if he's going out again this week. Still, I maintain he owns a share of this side's success, especially the record of not conceding points in the opening 20 minutes 12 games running.

betcats

Referee
Could have so easily stopped the first Raiders try by putting his leg under the ball, and while he was probably never stopping the 40/20, he could have tried harder. Ivan needs to have a little chat with him if he's going out again this week. Still, I maintain he owns a share of this side's success, especially the record of not conceding points in the opening 20 minutes 12 games running.

Yeah you kind of expect that desperation out of NRL players especially fullbacks, you cant expect miracle plays from a back up but and I dont question Aekins effort, its just the urgency and desperation he lacks in those situations, he could improve there, those things arent a question of talent.

The Realist

Juniors
I’m not sure how Josh would go making 30 tackles.

I’d keep one of them. Good to have around the club/playing with the kids in Reggies and as excellent injury back up.

I think we’d find a few suitors. Dogs, Warriors, Dragons, Broncos, Tigers, Titans and Knights could all use an experienced, intelligent and solid outside back for a year or two. As someone else said, Storm or Easts could slot them into their machines and they’d do the job.

WTF? He is one of the silliest players we have got. Brain snaps, usually multiple nearly every single game! Tough, experienced, hard working play yes. Intelligent - absolutely not.

I’m not sure how Josh would go making 30 tackles.

I’d keep one of them. Good to have around the club/playing with the kids in Reggies and as excellent injury back up.

I think we’d find a few suitors. Dogs, Warriors, Dragons, Broncos, Tigers, Titans and Knights could all use an experienced, intelligent and solid outside back for a year or two. As someone else said, Storm or Easts could slot them into their machines and they’d do the job.

I don’t think he could play SR as a starter, but maybe as a bench/fill in role.

Sadly his usefulness as a winger will continue to decline, he’s still putting in heaps of effort but he’s only going to get slower.

franklin2323

Immortal
Mansour made 25 tackles in a game earlier this year. I think it was Storm game. He is the best winger defence wise. Teams carry a back on the bench that could be his role

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Mansour made 25 tackles in a game earlier this year. I think it was Storm game. He is the best winger defence wise. Teams carry a back on the bench that could be his role

But why? Is he the best option? There are plenty I’d rather see on the bench ahead of him. Who would you drop?

But why? Is he the best option? There are plenty I’d rather see on the bench ahead of him. Who would you drop?

I think it’d be more of a backup role than anything. Obviously our best SR rotation is Kikau, Martin & Capewell. He’d also be a backup winger next year as well.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Atm Mansour is best choice for wing but won't always be.

I don't think we need May and a edge forward on the bench

I can’t say I agree.

14.May
15.Leota
16.Zane/Spencer
17.Capwell/Martin

Who would you remove to get Mansour on the bench? Barring injury, but even then we have Spencer, Hestherington, Smith....

I just can’t see him getting a start at his age.

franklin2323

Immortal
I can’t say I agree.

14.May
15.Leota
16.Zane/Spencer
17.Capwell/Martin

Who would you remove to get Mansour on the bench? Barring injury, but even then we have Spencer, Hestherington, Smith....

I just can’t see him getting a start at his age.

I think Mansour will be a depth player by next year. So adding another string to his bow will be good

martielang

Bench
Mansour is either wing in NRL or wing in NSW Cup. When was the last time a winger/outside back late in their career become a decent forward?