What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your worst team of all time

mongoose

Coach
Quality 15+ year bump. A 'that bloke in my team' but reversed.

Raiders:

1. Marshall Chalk
2. Matt Gafa
3. David Howell
4. Craig Frawley
5. Brett Kelly
6. Josh McCrone
7. Marc Herbert
8. Josh Miller
9. Glen Buttriss
10. Dane Tilse
11. Kris Kahler
12. Terry Martin
13. Luke Bateman

14. Lincoln Withers
15. Andrew Lomu
16. Clay Priest
17. Darren Mapp

Coach: Matthew Elliott

Josh Miller? haha he was a legend! imagine if they had HIA when he played.

Harsh on Withers, i thought he was decent for us. I would swap him for Travis Waddel or Michael Dobson.

mxlegend99

Referee
My Panthers side:

1. Will Smith
2. Adrian Purtell
3. Lee Hookey
4. Mark O'Halloran
5. Christian Crichton
6. Richie Williams
7. Joe Williams
8. Branden Worth
9. Sione Katoa (c)
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Cameron Ciraldo
12. Clint Newton
13. Joseph Paulo

14. Chris Armit
15. Yileen Gordon
16. Daine Laurie (the criminal one)
17. Keith Peters

Im sure I missed a few. And only did it for last 15 years or so.

Harsh on Withers, i thought he was decent for us. I would swap him for Travis Waddel or Michael Dobson.

Withers was garbage. He's remembered favourably by some, but that's mostly because he was tough and could put a hit on for a small guy.

Dumb and very error prone player apart from that.

The_Frog

First Grade
16. Daine Laurie (the criminal one)
My biggest memory of this bloke was when he was sent off playing reserve grade for the St Marys-Penrith Cougars early in the second half with the team well behind against Newtown. With 12 men they won running away and went on to make the GF.

RedVDave

First Grade
I've Gone for a team that is/was either on massive overs, injury prone or just massive plodders (most the forward pack are ex-Saints players which says a lot)

1. Tim Moltzen
2. Adrian Purtell
3. Jack Bird
4. Dylan Farrell
5. Matt Rieck
6. Keiran Foran
7. Chris Sandow
8. Matt Groat
9. Josh Reynolds (c)
10. Jon Green
11. Patrick Kafusi
12. Terry Lamey
13. Kirk Reynoldson

14. Nathan Green
15. Jack Stockwell
16. Wade Forrester
17. Ben Rogers

Coach: Paul Langmack

Panther79

Juniors
I'll have a go with the panthers

Fullback - Anthony Xuereb - horrible
Wing - Butch Fatomowa - god knows how to spell the name, I believe we were tossing up between signing Butch or Wendell Sailor...we went with Butch
Centre - Jamal Idris - Lazy, slow
Centre - Zak Hardaker - Super Lague man of steel...was useless, constantly pushed around and overpowered
5/8 - Tulsen Tollett - slow, weak, became A GB international which just shows the standards over there...
Half - Harry Seijka - highly touted prospect, was on big money while at high school and offered nothing
Prop - Gordon Falcon
Hooker - Sione Katoa
Prop - Ben Roarty
Second row - Daine Laurie
Second row - Adam Woolnough
Lock - Jason Lidden

The_Frog

First Grade
Fullback - Anthony Xuereb - horrible
He was a good back-up fullback in '91 with a bit of attacking flair and certainly earned his place but the one terrible performance in the major semi is what he will always be remembered for. Gus still stuck by him and named him on the bench for the GF, and he would have got a premiership ring even though he didn't get on (along with Ben Alexander) but he was permanently scarred as a footballer. The only reason we have the Carige award and not the Xeureb is that we managed to somehow win, mostly due to Darryl Halligan's poor goal kicking.

There've only been two players in first grade since 1908 with a surname starting with X, and it didn't end well for either of them.

1 Toshio Laiseni
2 Nick Youngquest
3 Ben Pomeroy
4 Jarrad Anderson
5 Stewart Mills
6 Jye Mullane
7 Jeff Robson
8 Tim Weyman
9 Corey Hughes
10 Kurt Dillon
11 Taulima Tautai
12 Dustin Cooper
13 Adam Cuthbertson

14 Cameron Ciraldo
15 Darren Mapp
16 Don Tweddle
17 Michael Lichaa
18 Ian Donnelly
19 Jon Green
20 Henry Perenara
21 Lancen Joudo

We've had a million threads on teams best ever, every team could hold their own in that arena but what about the other end of the spectrum?how about your worst ever?! Who will make the cut in your worst ever:

For Canberra our best ever would go close to being the best in the comp, but in the same time we have unearthed some of the worst players to ever pull on a jersy, off the top of my head id say this:

1. Royston Lightning
2. Albert Fulavia
3. Jason Bulgarelli
4. Trevor Schodel
5. Greg Wolfgramm
6. Terry Martin
7. Steve Stone
8. Anthony Brann
9. Glen Buttris / McCrone
10. Frank Paul Nuuasala
11. Ben Jones
12. Peter Penia
13.Sean rutgerson

14. Anthony Swann
15. Brad Kelly
16. Bruce Mamando
17. Kris Tassell

Feel free to fill in the blanks fella raiders fans

If there was Hia poor miller deadset never finished a game ....

your team is very similar to mine except I had Terry Martin at 5/8 for the time that Elliot played him there ... hahaha

I'd be suggesting that the young lady go and repeat from kindergarten, but having just escaped a year ago from the education system, I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

Royston Lightning wasn't that bad, was he?
Best name ever .. terrible player

Panther79

Juniors
He was a good back-up fullback in '91 with a bit of attacking flair and certainly earned his place but the one terrible performance in the major semi is what he will always be remembered for. Gus still stuck by him and named him on the bench for the GF, and he would have got a premiership ring even though he didn't get on (along with Ben Alexander) but he was permanently scarred as a footballer. The only reason we have the Carige award and not the Xeureb is that we managed to somehow win, mostly due to Darryl Halligan's poor goal kicking.

There've only been two players in first grade since 1908 with a surname starting with X, and it didn't end well for either of them.
I think that game against North Sydney is most what I remember about him and just never trusting he could catch a ball again. I might get lynched for saying this, but I had the same feeling with Rhys Wesser. He came good later but was never a safe fullback by any means.

dogslife

Coach
Would love to get the OP's updated Raiders team, bet there's a few doozies in there.

Heard he died in a hang gliding accident though, shame really

Would love to get the OP's updated Raiders team, bet there's a few doozies in there.

Heard he died in a hang gliding accident though, shame really

here you go
1. Royston Lightning
2. Albert Fulavia
3. Jason Bulgarelli
4. Trevor Schodel
5. Greg Wolfgramm
6. Terry Martin
7. Steve Stone
8. Anthony Brann
9. Glen Buttris / McCrone
10. Frank Paul Nuuasala
11. Ben Jones
12. Peter Penia
13.Sean rutgerson

14. Anthony Swann
15. Brad Kelly
16. Bruce Mamando
17. Kris Tassell

Tweed Titan

Bench
Unsurprisingly we’ve had more than our fair share of absolute duds. I could probably name 4 teams out of our rejects.

I’m not even going to consider players from the Giants/Seagulls/Chargers days as this post would be never ending.

1. Richie Mathers
2. Ben Jeffery
3. Josh Graham/Dan Sarginson/KallumWatkins
4. Smith Samau/John Olive
5. Jordan Atkins
6. Daniel Poortimer
7. Brad Davis/Beau Henry
8. Michael Horrenderson
9. Kayne Lawton/Clint Amos
10. Kris Kahler
11. Bryce Cartwrong (c)
12. Chris Grevsmuhl
13. Paterika Vaivai

14. Aaron Cannings
15. Jamie Dowling
16. Dave Taylor (vc)
17. Shannon Boyd

Co-Coaches: Garth Brennan & John Cartwrong
I think the ‘99 Magpies would give this team an absolute hiding.

Latest posts