What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13: Parra v Sharks GAME DAY thread (9/8/20)

Bandwagon

Staff member
Well we're both seeing Ponga play this year and I'm amazed you think his involvement is low. His impact might be down but he works hard.

I'm seeing his workrate off the ball, supporting through the middle, and kick chase as all being poor

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes, I'm aware of that website, but what stats are you referring to?
The stats on that website. They aren't compiled, so you'd have to go through individual games, but I guarantee you I can find at least five games this year where Ponga has better involvement stats than Hayne's best in 2014 (which were both Canberra games if you couldn't be arsed looking). In fact I could probably find ten.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
TBH I was surprised to see him ahead of Gutherson, but I haven't exactly been counting the number of support runs they both make.

Our observations are very unreliable. A lot of the time we see what we want to see, and what most of us want to see regarding Ponga is for the Knights to be punished for paying a fortune to poach some unproven kid from another club. Everyone except Newcastle fans wants to see Ponga turn out to be overpaid. But I don't think he is overpaid. He is truly elite. Definitely a better player than Gutherson in almost every way, though he probably doesn't bring the same level of leadership.