What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 vs Eels

getsmarty

Immortal
fordj-200806_gt_133.jpg

INJURIES

Ford suspended for fortnight
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Mon 10 Aug 2020, 11:41 AM

St George Illawarra back-rower Jackson Ford has taken the early guilty plea on a grade three tripping charge following the Dragons' last start loss to the Sydney Roosters.

Ford will now be suspended for the next two games.

Tariq Sims is also facing time on the sidelines after suffering an AC joint (shoulder) injury against the Roosters.

A follow up on Sims's condition will be detailed in due course via the Dragons' Westfund high performance update.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/08/10/dragons-back-rowers-face-time-on-sideline/

getsmarty

Immortal
rava-and-sivo-2.jpg

GAME DAY

Game day guide: Round 14 v Eels
Author
Timestamp
Mon 10 Aug 2020, 04:36 PM

The St George Illawarra Dragons will face the Parramatta Eels at Bankwest Stadium on Friday, August 14 (7:55pm). This is your Round 14 game day guide.

Forward stocks stretched for must win
Tariq Sims (shoulder), Jackson Ford and Paul Vaughan (both suspended) are all unavailable for this week's clash against premiership heavyweights, Parramatta Eels.

As the Dragons currently sit six points outside of the top eight, one more loss in 2020 would prove the final coffin in the Red V's fleeting finals hopes.

Trent Merrin spoke to Dragons TV about the need to pick up the slack left behind by those unavailable, and was highly complementary of club debutant Kaide Ellis.

Ellis, whose short stint against the Sydney Roosters last weekend impressed, should be back in the Dragons' 17 this weekend. What this means for the likes Jacob Host, Korbin Sims and potential debutant Eddie Blacker remains to be seen.

Fijian flyers face off
Put the kava on, we have ourselves a showdown.

Mikaele Ravalawa has turned a corner in his young NRL career in recent months and this weekend will come up against fellow countryman Maika Sivo, arguably the NRL's form winger over the past 18 months.

Although they may be at similar points of their careers experience-wise, Sivo is four years older on Ravalawa which is likely indicative of their development to date.

In 2020 alone, Ravalawa has scored eight tries to Sivo's 11 but is averaging 145 metres per game compared to his Eels counterpart's 123. Tackle breaks are also almost identical (33 to Sivo, 32 to Ravalawa).

Dufty magic required
The Dragons have never won at Bankwest Stadium and have racked up one win in their last 10 meetings against the Eels.

But that one win – back in Round 16, 2018 – came off the back of the club's currently most in-form player, Matt Dufty.

Two tries, including one at the death, proved the difference on that fateful Thursday night at WIN Stadium. Watch the highlights below.

Dufty has never played better than he currently is. If the Red V are to buck the history heaped on them by the Eels then the little custodian needs to be on point this Friday evening.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/08/10/game-day-guide-round-14-v-eels/

Walpole

Juniors
I predict we will compete well for 50-60 mins but get beaten in a game we could have won.
(Exactly same as last month of footy)
Yet this scenario seems perfectly acceptable to the powers that be. Dufty or Lomax will do something good, we'll be close or possibly even lead at some stage but inevitably get beaten by 10-12 points.

be55

Juniors
i am currently trying to put the pieces of my head back together after it exploded when I saw Norman back in the team at 6...that will do me if anybody doubted it before this completely confirms the fact that this pea brain coach impersonator has completely lost the plot...can you believe the club puts up with this fiasco...I don't even know what to say I am completely stunned...

Coreyzz

Juniors
When I read your post I thought that couldn't possibly happen but congratulations you were spot on the money...well done mate and well done McGregor on removing all doubt to the fact that you are a complete moron..

Imagine selecting Norman thinking he's the player that's going to save your job. If anything this significantly decreases our chances at winning. No surprise that McFraud thinks its the opposite.

It might turn out to be his best selection he's done all year. Hopefully it will cost him his job.

Can't wait to see him try and justify this rubbish once again.

boardlumps62

Juniors
That is a team that is going to get smashed. Normie back only because we have no troops. Where's Blacker is he injured. We have absolutely no size don't know if I can watch this ikkkes!

Dragon Revival

Juniors
You can not teach Old Dogs like Mary new tricks. He expects that Norman will have a blinder against his old club and save his bacon. Our reserve grade pack minus Ford, Tariq Sims and Vaughan and suspended De Belin will get thrashed! Brittain and Ramsey are getting the cold shoulder. Clune, Dufty and Lomax are only still there because of Flanagan. All we can look forward to is the Wooden Spoon. Our attack coached by Flanaghan looks good but the "staunch" defence coached by Mary is paper thin. Our 30.8% success ratio looks set to torpedo again to 28.6% and end up at 20% at the end of the season.

qld redvee

Juniors
I am wondering how the selection panel come up with this team . it seems like Mary must get 3 votes to the others 1 .. HOW can norman be dropped last week to work on his game and then abracadabra hes back in with sailor as a reserve ( and where to play with hunt at hooker ) Korbin comes out of left field so how long will he get as hasnt got many minutes under his belt .. Its like the selection panel said okay supercoach Buzz reckons its your last game so we have decided to let you pick your team !! To me this is a paperthin forward pack and after reading that mary is now looking after our defence i am very very scared for us on friday night..... Norman needed to stay off with sailor at 6 and 4 of our forwards on the bench ...

getsmarty

Immortal
team_web.jpg

TEAM LISTS

Presented By

NRL team: Round 14 v Eels
Author
Timestamp
Tue 11 Aug 2020, 03:58 PM

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has named his mandatory 21-man squad ahead of the Dragons' Round 14 clash against the Parramatta Eels at Bankwest Stadium on Friday, August 14.

Tariq Sims (shoulder), Jackson Ford (suspension) and Trent Merrin are all out with Jacob Host, Corey Norman and Korbin Sims the new faces in the 17.

Tyrell Fuimaono will start in the back row while Norman starts in at five-eighth. Ben Hunt returns to hooker while the skipper Cameron McInnes starts at lock.

Kaide Ellis and Tristan Sailor are retained on the bench, while Brayden Wiliame has been named in the wider squad for the first time since injuring his calf in Round 4.

NRL squad for Round 14 v Parramatta Eels –
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Jordan Pereira – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
3. Euan Aitken – sponsored by Fox Property
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Nutrition Station
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
7. Adam Clune – sponsored by Baytek Construction
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by SMAI
9. Ben Hunt – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
10. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Modus Projects
12. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
13. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Dincel Construction System

Interchange:
14. Tristan Sailor – sponsored by TripADeal
15. Kaide Ellis – sponsored by Bodytech Fitness
16. Korbin Sims – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
17. Jacob Host – sponsored by St.George Bank
18. Brayden Wiliame
19. Eddie Blacker
20. Jason Saab – sponsored by Baytek Construction
21. Jayden Sullivan

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/08/11/nrl-team-round-14-v-eels/

qld redvee

Juniors
and whats happened to Merrin is he injured as his experience could be used this week ( although i think he is CC at best )

possm

Coach
Imagine selecting Norman thinking he's the player that's going to save your job. If anything this significantly decreases our chances at winning. No surprise that McFraud thinks its the opposite.

It might turn out to be his best selection he's done all year. Hopefully it will cost him his job.

Can't wait to see him try and justify this rubbish once again.
I really don't think Mary cares if it is his last game or not. At the least he will get a golden handshake worth more than he could ever hope to earn painting for a year.

Latest posts