What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hopefully Pangai Jr getting the sack makes him a priority for teams like Bulldogs. They can throw insane money at him and leave our guys alone

LukeLewis3

Juniors
I've been on LU Panthers forum for some time and honestly the transfer thread people get agro and bitchy at each other and I don't know why.

GongPanther

Referee
That’s weird Gus saying he’ll be an edge back rower. Just a few months ago he was saying Burton would be the best half out of Cleary, Luai & himself.

Burton has better hands than Graham ever did, better kicking too. I think he could be a back rower if he added the bulk, but he could also be a half if he wants, or even fullback. I think it’d be a shame to not see what he can do in the halves before switching to the back row.
Yea, after I logged out, I remembered that particular point about him bring a back rower. But why would he if he is a promising half? A 5/8 or 1/2 would more likely command more cabbage, and the position isn't as demanding as a forward.

But whatever he does, good luck to him.

Last edited:
Tamou’s a tough one. I’d like to keep him for his experience, and he’s still playing well. But we also have a lot of props, how can we get them all minutes?

I think a lot rests on if the club want to re-sign Tetevano and/or Hetherington.

Jane Murray

Bench
Tamou’s a tough one. I’d like to keep him for his experience, and he’s still playing well. But we also have a lot of props, how can we get them all minutes?

I think a lot rests on if the club want to re-sign Tetevano and/or Hetherington.
After Hetherington's brain explosion, I hope he is re-leased.

Jane Murray

Bench
I’d really hoped that stuff had gone out of his game, he has real star quality if he stops doing stupid things. But you can’t have a key player getting suspended a couple of times a year.
I agree. I thought Hetherington matured when he didn't react to JWH, his brain explosion on Taupu, proves otherwise.

Pomoz

Bench
I agree. I thought Hetherington matured when he didn't react to JWH, his brain explosion on Taupu, proves otherwise.
I wouldn't say a brain explosion. It was just a poorly executed attempt at smashing Tapau. He will learn that a big hit is not always the right play. Geyer did something similar during his career. It took him a while to realise trying to smash people can mean you aren't in full control of the tackle and for every five tackles that knock the player over, there is the one that goes awry and gets you sent off.

He just needs to know less is more sometimes. Tapau wasn't threatening the line, there was no need to try and knock him over with that massive swinging arm. That said, f*ck it was an impressive hit. Tapau didn't know where he was. Hetherington is so explosive he generates great hand speed. I understand he is a pretty handy boxer and I can see why.

They might try and wind him up, by goading him and trash talking, but I'm pretty sure no other forwards in the NRL will be wanting to get in a stoush with Hetherington. I would just love to see him and JFH as our two starting front rowers. Every team would literally dread playing us because they know they are going to be very sore the next day, even if they win.

Jane Murray

Bench
I wouldn't say a brain explosion. It was just a poorly executed attempt at smashing Tapau. He will learn that a big hit is not always the right play. Geyer did something similar during his career. It took him a while to realise trying to smash people can mean you aren't in full control of the tackle and for every five tackles that knock the player over, there is the one that goes awry and gets you sent off.

He just needs to know less is more sometimes. Tapau wasn't threatening the line, there was no need to try and knock him over with that massive swinging arm. That said, f*ck it was an impressive hit. Tapau didn't know where he was. Hetherington is so explosive he generates great hand speed. I understand he is a pretty handy boxer and I can see why.

They might try and wind him up, by goading him and trash talking, but I'm pretty sure no other forwards in the NRL will be wanting to get in a stoush with Hetherington. I would just love to see him and JFH as our two starting front rowers. Every team would literally dread playing us because they know they are going to be very sore the next day, even if they win.
I would. Hetherington has been suspended a lot in his short career. He is a liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts