What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs Bulldogs @ Bankwest Stadium

Who will win? Round 14: Wests Tigers v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WA Tiger

Bench
With Reynolds in the halves we hardly got anywhere I thought ..I doubt he won a game this year.. ..He needs to tone it down too..

Tiger05

First Grade
With Reynolds in the halves we hardly got anywhere I thought ..I doubt he won a game this year.. ..He needs to tone it down too..

He is pretty poor. It;s hard to pick a good half. I'd be considering trying Mbye there.

Pezz70

Juniors
With Benji it's all in the timing. ..if he has a shocker you have to pick him the week after as he will usually respond with a controlled and dominant performance...has a blinder then the following week is always a major concern.
I disagree, Benji can put a play on in attack but he is a bystander in defence. Loses us more games then he can win. He won’t be here next year and bows the time to start building some reliability in the squad

Pezz70

Juniors
Brooks and Marshall as halves played 4 won 1, biggest loss 40pts
Brooks and Reynolds - played 5 won 2 biggest loss 8pts.
Marshall and Walters - played three won 1 ( biggest loss 10 pts)
Reynolds/Marshall - 2 games won 1 lost 1 x 18pts

Brooks and Reynolds - were pretty good. Good wins against NQ&Dogs not great opponents but games were won how they should’ve been won, the games against Raiders, Panthers and Rabbits were pretty good, little bit off v bunnies.

Brooks and Reynolds have been the most consistent pairing this year by a long way. Marshall and Walters were ok but Walters isn’t available. 3out of our 5 wins had Reynolds in the side.

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
I disagree, Benji can put a play on in attack but he is a bystander in defence. Loses us more games then he can win. He won’t be here next year and bows the time to start building some reliability in the squad

Yeah....gotta agree with that...i was half joking

Pezz70

Juniors
He is worth persisting with on this basis. I still think he has been crud and his contract is ridiculous but we may as well give the guy a good shot.
The 5 games Brooks and Reynolds played together, albeit with losses, the losses were competitive against good opposition and we knocked over the sides we should beat convincingly. I’m not Reynolds greatest fan he lacks discipline sometimes, but he has spent a hell of a lot of time on the sidelines through injury we haven’t really had the best of him. I reckon he and Brooks are our best option going forward. Next 12 months

WA Tiger

Bench
Did I miss something or was Mbye shit at hooker last week..I didnt see those bullet passes like Grant...I’m sure Mbye thinks he’s paid too much to have to work that hard anyway ..Liddle a welcome addition..what timing

Pezz70

Juniors
The 5 games Brooks and Reynolds played together, albeit with losses, the losses were competitive against good opposition and we knocked over the sides we should beat convincingly. I’m not Reynolds greatest fan he lacks discipline sometimes, but he has spent a hell of a lot of time on the sidelines through injury we haven’t really had the best of him. I reckon he and Brooks are our best option going forward. Next 12 months

1 more stat, no team has scored more than 20 points against us this year when Marshall has been out. We have had more than 20 scored against us 7 times and Marshall has played in every one of those games includes two scores of 40+. Our right side defence is the 2nd worst in the league - Marshall, Leilua, Nofo (they rank 3 or 4th in attack),our left side Defence Brooks, Mbye, Talau are 3rd best in the league, but not great in attack.

I love Benji but he is a massive liability in defence - massive!!! Has to go!!

Pezz70

Juniors
Did I miss something or was Mbye shit at hooker last week..I didnt see those bullet passes like Grant...I’m sure Mbye thinks he’s paid too much to have to work that hard anyway ..Liddle a welcome addition..what timing
Mbye was ok. Forwards got bashed. I really hope Liddle slays them this weekend.

Tiger05

First Grade

It's going to be hard to get a new set of halves for next year so I think you are right.

Tiger05

First Grade

I thought Mbye's service was pretty good. He made plenty of tackles as well. It was a good effort apart from that dropped ball and holding on too long in the ruck and giving away penalties. Don't get me wrong it was a crap effort but it showed some promise and the bad stuff should be fixed easily enough.

I want to see Liddle fire though.

Das Hassler

Bench
It was a good effort apart from that dropped ball and holding on too long in the ruck and giving away penalties. Don't get me wrong it was a crap effort

05....can you see the somewhat confusing aspect of this post??. ...i know you have a valid point in there but you sure make it hard to identify at times...."it was a good / crap effort ?? That's sure covering your bases LOL

Pezz70

Juniors
05....can you see the somewhat confusing aspect of this post??. ...i know you have a valid point in there but you sure make it hard to identify at times...."it was a good / crap effort ?? That's sure covering your bases LOL
I agree there were some
Good aspects and some
Shite ones- he wasn’t the worst on the field but could’ve been better :)

WA Tiger

Bench
But it showed some promise and the bad stuff can be fixed...

Tiger05

First Grade

It sounds funny but his service was good and overall his defense was good. He looked good there. He also dropped the ball and gave away too many penalties. Those mistakes can be fixed.

Overall it was a crap game but it wasn't like he was passing it to peoples heads or missing all his tackles or anything.

League WTF

Juniors
Our team is low on confidence and Madge is sticking to this halves combo???

We have a big issue in attack. Even if we do beat the bulldogs this week based on efforts, individual brilliance, luck or fluke, we won’t get far.

How many games have we lost to a decent team because of the lack of points? 110% defensive efforts were shown but we just don’t have the points to win it. You can’t win games with defence alone. The boys are tired and it’s showing...

Our spine is a big issue and is getting worse without Grant. I don’t even get excited when we get to the opposition half because I know we don’t have the points or the attacking structure in our spine.

Say what you want about Benji but at least he has 7 try assists next to his name while Brooks had 1 all season. And we desperately need a fullback who can support our halves, punch holes and put the opposition in 2 minds. This gives our halves more options.

I’m not saying that AD is bad and I actually feel sorry for him. Putting the kid at fullback is destroying him slowly. I love the kid but I just think he’s been put in the wrong position. Defensive wise, more teams are running straight at him.

Glad Liddle has returned in time because Mbye is not a hooker. I hope he can stay injury-free though. On the other hand, Mbye has played his best football with us at fullback, but I know that won’t happen for some strange reasons.

Reynolds is someone we need at the moment as he brings a lot of energy and has points in him. He should partner Benji for us to make a crack this season. They are the best we’ve got now. Defend all you want, but if we can’t score points...it’s already game over.

Tiger05

First Grade
@League WTF - Benij is our best attacking half and our worst defensive half. I think Brooks is our best half overall and he hasn't created basically anything all season. Reynolds is crap but better defensively than Benji and to be fair he has put in a fair few decent kicks.

The truth is our halves are crud.