What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the top 8 and 9th position already finalised?

isaiah

Bench
Haters going to hate.

But thanks for adding another quote I’ll bring up to the top of this thread when we do finish in the 8 at the end of the year.
you can add another one: dragons and sharks will both miss the finals. Take it to the bank!

SDM

First Grade
Manly made it harder on themselves losing to the Warriors, but still plenty of time for the Sharks to shit the bed, then have a cry that the other team pushed in a scrum.

Loose Cannon

Bench
If Knights beat Manly this afternoon, it’s all over, 8 and 9 will be 4pts difference.

But, a lot of ordinary in the semis regardless.

The_Frog

First Grade
In a season plagued by injuries who knows? Most likely is Manly to push Sharks out if anyone will. I think every fan is hoping Warriors go on a run and make it!
They'd have to win every game, a couple of them are tough, it won't happen.

There's really only one game left from 50 that has any true bearing on the premiership. Raiders vs Roosters in round 17 is a play off for 4th place. Panthers and Storm are safe as the top 2, Parra shouldn't drop below 4th although they've got a tough month ahead. Roosters could drop below Raiders into 5th and even Knights into 6th but that's it, really.

1/2 Panthers, Storm
3 Parra
4/5 Roosters, Raiders
6 Knights
7/8 Souffs, Sharks

GongPanther

Referee
Yep. Melbourne, Parra, Penrith, Sydney, Canberra, Newcastle, Souths and Brisbane have it locked down already.
Newcastle beat Manly, and that should be the final 8. Teams below will be in the usual mathematical situation, although Souths and Newcastle's draws are not all smooth sailing. Tigers and Manly will have to heavily depend on other outcomes.

NewySteel

Juniors
Newcastle beat Manly, and that should be the final 8. Teams below will be in the usual mathematical situation, although Souths and Newcastle's draws are not all smooth sailing. Tigers and Manly will have to heavily depend on other outcomes.

Our draw is pretty favourable, only really difficult game is the roosters, who could still be under strength anyway.

GongPanther

Referee
Our draw is pretty favourable, only really difficult game is the roosters, who could still be under strength anyway.
Yep. Your draw is more favourable than Souths, Manly, who have too many injuries, and WT. Lots of variables to consider, but I'm more keen on Newcastle being safe in the top 8 than the others.

NewySteel

Juniors
Yep. Your draw is more favourable than Souths, Manly, who have too many injuries, and WT. Lots of variables to consider, but I'm more keen on Newcastle being safe in the top 8 than the others.

As I see it the 8 is unlikely to change, but Souths are still under the pump. Manly would have to go on a run with turbo back, but that is quite possible

Dragons 09

Juniors
Anyone else agree that the current top 8 is what It will be after Round 20?

Nope, clearly the Dragons without McGregor and now with Flanno in charge will go on a roll and win all their remaining games and knock the guppies out of the 8. Other than that, yes, the rest will probably remain as is.

SDM

First Grade
If the Storm keep getting suspended and having glass jaws, they could lose their next 2 and end up in danger of missing the top 4.

greenBV4

Bench
If the Storm keep getting suspended and having glass jaws, they could lose their next 2 and end up in danger of missing the top 4.

If Smith doesnt return next week idk if we have any hookers with Brandon's broken jaw and Grant at the tigers - I'd say he will return though because our sidelined list is fairly concerning/large