What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

strider

Post Whore
Not for the rest of 2020.
The player transfer window is closed so Tevita isn't playing any more football in 2020 unless it's for the Broncos.
... or the great vlandys makes a new rule

Im just joking, but its not entirely inconceivable

Gronk

Staff member
Not for the rest of 2020.
The player transfer window is closed so Tevita isn't playing any more football in 2020 unless it's for the Broncos.
New Zealand has the most cash to splash and have made it known it wants to firm their up its forward pack up by chasing Kane Evans, Jack de Belin and Adam Elliott. Potentially they could even seek an immediate “loan” of Pangai Jr if the NRL and Pangai Jr were open to it.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...r/news-story/2f10bc9bbd91552ac28294eae8f6dbb6

Eelementary

Post Whore
He’s really come good last year and so far this year after a very bad first year. Disappointed to see him go. I guess you got to take the better offer.

I can't blame Evans for taking the opportunity.

It's crucial we replace him with someone of similar ilk; I have felt that RCG and Junior do an excellent job starting the games for us, but when they go off (and especially during the period where Evans was injured), we lose a little oomph up front.

I don't know who is available, but we need to replace Evans with another powerful runner.

Chipmunk

Coach
He’s really come good last year and so far this year after a very bad first year. Disappointed to see him go. I guess you got to take the better offer.

He's proved throughout his entire career that he can provide little more than 20-25 minutes in the middle of the game (albeit, he is pretty handy in those minutes). But he's a definite downhill skier (which incidentally we have plenty of already). He will just embarrass himself at the Warriors, but good luck to him, he wasn't going to get much by staying at Parra.

Stevie

Bench
I am NO Pangai fan let me tell you. But I have seen some things he can do which are elite esque... if Kane Evans is on circa 400-450 ish, why couldn’t we potentially look at a Pangai for an extra couple hundred? Surely his ceiling is higher.

As I said I’m no fanboy but I think he is an example of someone who is poorly managed, I’d love to see what BA could do with him as a project not to mention him learning off true leaders like RCG and Jnr.

84 Baby

Referee
I can't blame Evans for taking the opportunity.

It's crucial we replace him with someone of similar ilk; I have felt that RCG and Junior do an excellent job starting the games for us, but when they go off (and especially during the period where Evans was injured), we lose a little oomph up front.

I don't know who is available, but we need to replace Evans with another powerful runner.
I think Kaufusi has been earmarked as jersey 15. Niukore has leapfrogged Kevans as our first picked benchie as it is. I think Stone will be on the bench somewhere. So if Kaufusi is in our top 17 as it is this year, then we need to replace Kaufusi. Hopefully we can replace him with someone better than Kaufusi is this year, because I think there’ll be a talent gap between Kevans’ output this year & Kaufusi’s next year

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think Kaufusi has been earmarked as jersey 15. Niukore has leapfrogged Kevans as our first picked benchie as it is. I think Stone will be on the bench somewhere. So if Kaufusi is in our top 17 as it is this year, then we need to replace Kaufusi. Hopefully we can replace him with someone better than Kaufusi is this year, because I think there’ll be a talent gap between Kevans’ output this year & Kaufusi’s next year
Kaufusi will be better than Evans. The only area he'll never match up in is height.