What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13: Parra v Sharks GAME DAY thread (9/8/20)

Bandwagon

Staff member
TBH I was surprised to see him ahead of Gutherson, but I haven't exactly been counting the number of support runs they both make.

Our observations are very unreliable. A lot of the time we see what we want to see, and what most of us want to see regarding Ponga is for the Knights to be punished for paying a fortune to poach some unproven kid from another club. Everyone except Newcastle fans wants to see Ponga turn out to be overpaid. But I don't think he is overpaid. He is truly elite. Definitely a better player than Gutherson in almost every way, though he probably doesn't bring the same level of leadership.

If our eyes are unreliable, what makes the blokes eyes that compile those stats moreso?

Anyways I've no interest in seeing Ponga fail, I don't dislike the knights, and would actually love for the bloke to live up to the hype.( unless he ends up in Brisbane or Melbourne, or Belmore, or Manly )

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I don't mind Ponga either. Good on him if he is able to get the coin that he did.

He seems fairly humble and down to earth. Far less of a shit eater than someone like DCE.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah DCE is very unlikeable. However I think he's probably the best player in the game. He's certainly up there with Tedesco and Shaun Johnson. There's probably a couple of forwards in that category as well.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yeah DCE is very unlikeable. However I think he's probably the best player in the game. He's certainly up there with Tedesco and Shaun Johnson. There's probably a couple of forwards in that category as well.
He's definitely not a shit player. Just a shit eater.

Yeah I've got a brother who has a couple of non alcoholic beers and spends the next hour telling me that DCE is f**ken shit. Although, Johnson?!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't think he is. I don't like the downhill skier thing but there's some truth to it. He's rocks and diamonds. Hayne spent his career playing for shit clubs.
Hayne was also an awesome player. Johnson was excellent against us apart from his goalkicking. He was hardly skiing downhill in that game. In fact, given the teams he's been stuck in, he has spent most of his career skiing uphill.

lucablight

First Grade
Says a lot about the standard of halves when DCE is one of the elite ones. Not threatening enough with ball in hand compared to great halves who came before him.

TheParraboy

Staff member

I find him very likeable

Speaks well, and generally no bitching or moaning or kicking stones after a loss. Quite humble and articulate in why Manly lost or had chances to win, rather than blaming others and coming across as a tool (eg like a Ricky)

Lot of hate for the guy when he backflipped on the Titans deal, instigated by the relentless media and cane toads mainly. Where guys like Tedesco and others have done the same thing with minimal fan fare.

Best player in the game? he would be up there in the top 5 or so most years, but wouldn't say the best.

84 Baby

Referee
I find him very likeable

Speaks well, and generally no bitching or moaning or kicking stones after a loss. Quite humble and articulate in why Manly lost or had chances to win, rather than blaming others and coming across as a tool (eg like a Ricky)

Lot of hate for the guy when he backflipped on the Titans deal, instigated by the relentless media and cane toads mainly. Where guys like Tedesco and others have done the same thing with minimal fan fare.

Best player in the game? he would be up there in the top 5 or so most years, but wouldn't say the best.
I find him likeable too, when he’s doing an interview or whatever. But in the heat of the game if something doesn’t go his way he can become the biggest f**kwit in the comp

T.S Quint

Coach
I find him very likeable

There was plenty of outrage when he backflipped on the Titans, and only a little bit when Tedesco backflipped on the Raiders.
Anyone remember any outrage when Papalii backflipped on the Eels? Of course you wouldn’t...because there wasn’t any. I reckon there wouldn’t be many people who would even remember it happened.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I find him very likeable

I agree - I quite like Cherry-Evans.

Eelementary

Post Whore
There was plenty of outrage when he backflipped on the Titans, and only a little bit when Tedesco backflipped on the Raiders.
Anyone remember any outrage when Papalii backflipped on the Eels? Of course you wouldn’t...because there wasn’t any. I reckon there wouldn’t be many people who would even remember it happened.

I was furious at that - bloody Sticky...

Latest posts