What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan for Dally M Medal

Kilkenny

Coach
I don’t really follow the Dally M points scoring but is it even possible Cleary can still be in contention given I read someone say he had six points deducted for his COVID breach.

The_Frog

First Grade
I don’t really follow the Dally M points scoring but is it even possible Cleary can still be in contention given I read someone say he had six points deducted for his COVID breach.
The consensus is that he is five points behind Cam Smith and three behind Gutherson and Johnson (actually it wouldn't surprise me if Johnson had got the 2 last game). With Smith out this week he has a chance of closing that gap. He would be in the lead if he did not lose the 6 points.

Kilkenny

Coach
The consensus is that he is five points behind Cam Smith and three behind Gutherson and Johnson (actually it wouldn't surprise me if Johnson had got the 2 last game). With Smith out this week he has a chance of closing that gap. He would be in the lead if he did not lose the 6 points.

So he is still eligible despite his COVID suspension. OK it differs to the AFL Brownlow in so much as a suspension makes you ineligible at least I think that is there system.

It does seem a little harsh being punished twice but he did the wrong thing I guess and needs to accept it, which he has with some grace and dignity.

forby

Juniors
But he did nothing wrong as far as best & fairest is concerned. It seems unfair to be penalised for something off field when it is supposed to be an on field award.

maple_69

Bench
I’d say Brown-Brown-Johnson at 3-2-1 for the 4pm game and Brimson-Kelly-Proctor for the 2pm game.

My guess on current standings:
Smith - 17
Gutho - 15
Johnson - 15
Grant - 13
Taumalolo - 12
Cleary - 12

My guesses for this week.
Panthers v Warriors 3-2-1: Koroisau-Harris-Cleary. I do think JFH and Edwards were more deserving but the controlling kicking game I think will stand out to whoever judged.

Eels v Dragons 3-2-1: McInnes-Ravalawa/Pereira/Lomax-Gutho

Sharks v Titans 3-2-1: Talakai-Johnson-Kelly. I didn’t see much of this game.

Cows v Souths: Reynolds-Morgan-Walker/Johnston

My guess on current standings:
Smith - 17
Johnson - 17
Gutho - 16
Cleary - 13
Grant - 13
Taumalolo - 12

maple_69

Bench
Wighton I will guess got 2 in R11 and maybe one elsewhere but not sure he’s stood out in Canberra’s 3 wins over average sides.

I don’t think I’ll bother following Benji at this stage as he’d be somewhere below 12 with a terrible draw coming up and a Tigers side looking shot. Ponga only had 3 points up until R10 also surprisingly so he’d really need to put a Hayne like run in to win it.

Api could actually be not too far off with potentially 3 against the Warriors and likely 1-2 total from the Manly/Raiders games. That would leave him at 12 or so.

Keary, Pap and George Williams are the other guys probably around 10-12 points and within striking range with a big last 6 games.

maple_69

Bench
Ok I reckon Cleary is going to struggle from here. Might as well cross Taumalolo, Grant and Api off with their injuries.

Martin-Luai-Mansour get my 3-2-1 for our game.
Matterson-Gutho-Brown for the Eels.
Wighton would have scooped 3 for sure.

Gutherson: 18
Johnson: 17
Smith: 17
Wighton: 16
Cleary: 13

MugaB

Coach
Ok I reckon Cleary is going to struggle from here. Might as well cross Taumalolo, Grant and Api off with their injuries.

Martin-Luai-Mansour get my 3-2-1 for our game.
Matterson-Gutho-Brown for the Eels.
Wighton would have scooped 3 for sure.

Gutherson: 18
Johnson: 17
Smith: 17
Wighton: 16
Cleary: 13
Anyone know what Waqa Blake's points are on, i reckon he got 3 for the Rabbitohs....tehe

Kilkenny

Coach
I’m not sure Nathan would have polled any points against the Eels give Edwards and JFH probably got the majors 3 & 2. A host of others in contention for the 1 point.

I think for Nathan to have any chance of the big prize he surely needs two 3 point performances from our last two games and even then probably finish a point or two shy. Shame I think the double punishment around the Tik Tok thing was harsh.

maple_69

Bench
Yeah I couldn’t be bothered to keep guessing at it. By my eye Cleary has been about the 3rd or 4th best on ground each week over the past month but that’s not gonna help him. I think Smith is close to a sure thing atm.

Fangs

Coach
He won't win it now.

Still, his best year in first grade. We needed him to evolve a bit with Maloney gone and he has. He looks like a very durable player who will keep our team successful for a long time.

betcats

Referee
Jerome has been the star for much of the last five or six weeks this might hurt his chances , they have both been excellent but it’s a struggle to pick up the three points often enough with so many good players in the team.