What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pangai Jr to be sacked

Big Pete

Referee
Old news, the story first came out on the Broncos fan board and was supposedly cleared earlier in the week.

_Johnsy

Referee
Old news, the story first came out on the Broncos fan board and was supposedly cleared earlier in the week.
The issue is Pete, it is a direct violation of the NRL’s strict agreement with Queensland Health. I’m not saying they have risked getting COVID, but they have without thought risked the remainder of the NRL season so they could have lunch at a pub.

Big Pete

Referee
The issue is Pete, it is a direct violation of the NRL’s strict agreement with Queensland Health. I’m not saying they have risked getting COVID, but they have without thought risked the remainder of the NRL season so they could have lunch at a pub.

I don't believe that's the case mate. Supposedly the incident occurred when rules were relaxed and enough time had passed since they'd been in Sydney.

I'm not sure if the person who broke the story was aware of the police investigation, but the club was confident that they'd be cleared.

Kick them out of the comp and send them to that bomb site in Lebanon*

Sick of the merkins

* After we play them and gain what should be two easy points

_Johnsy

Referee
I don't believe that's the case mate. Supposedly the incident occurred when rules were relaxed and enough time had passed since they'd been in Sydney.

I'm not sure if the person who broke the story was aware of the police investigation, but the club was confident that they'd be cleared.
The agreement was between the NRL & the QLD government (health dep). The breach allegedly directly breaches this agreement (aka NRL bubble protocols) to enable games to continue games to be played in QLD. Well that’s what is being reported. I’m sure more details will follow. Hopefully the NRL give it the all clear, well TBH they don’t have any other choice.

Big Pete

Referee
The agreement was between the NRL & the QLD government (health dep). The breach allegedly directly breaches this agreement (aka NRL bubble protocols) to enable games to continue games to be played in QLD. Well that’s what is being reported. I’m sure more details will follow. Hopefully the NRL give it the all clear, well TBH they don’t have any other choice.

Yes, and that agreement was relaxed in June and remained that way for all Queensland teams. The only exception was when the players travelled to and from Sydney.

Tiger5150

Bench

Why would a police investigation be required into a NRL COVID breach? Unless of course they werent registered as attending the Pub/REstaurant?

gerg

Juniors
Weird... so what happened here? Did the club leak that he was getting sacked and then decide they better get legal advice?

_Johnsy

Referee
Yes, and that agreement was relaxed in June and remained that way for all Queensland teams. The only exception was when the players travelled to and from Sydney.
Thanks for that. I honestly had no idea they had relaxed the NRL bio-security protocols. :thumbsup_tone2:

Big Pete

Referee
Why would a police investigation be required into a NRL COVID breach? Unless of course they werent registered as attending the Pub/REstaurant?

There is some speculation surrounding your last question.

When this was reported on BHQ, initially the poster was concerned there would be a huge fallout but was later assured that it had been cleared. Now it appears there's been another development so their initial concerns may have been founded.

Whether or not the players are cleared, it's a poor decision by all involved. Whether it was just those 10 players or a staff member who gave them the all clear.

Tiger5150

Bench
There is some speculation surrounding your last question.

When this was reported on BHQ, initially the poster was concerned there would be a huge fallout but was later assured that it had been cleared. Now it appears there's been another development so their initial concerns may have been founded.

Whether or not the players are cleared, it's a poor decision by all involved. Whether it was just those 10 players or a staff member who gave them the all clear.

Again, what the hell are the police doing investigating an NRL matter?

Latest posts