What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Is there supposed to be something in there about Russian oligarchs? People borrow money from banks. I owe a bank a lot of money right now. I've been in debt to banks for over a decade. I live a lot better than I did when I was debt free. Do you think maybe foreign gangsters have their claws in me now? Lucky I have secret service agents to keep me safe for the rest of my life ffs

Gronk

Staff member
Is there supposed to be something in there about Russian oligarchs? People borrow money from banks. I owe a bank a lot of money right now. I've been in debt to banks for over a decade. I live a lot better than I did when I was debt free. Do you think maybe foreign gangsters have their claws in me now? Lucky I have secret service agents to keep me safe for the rest of my life ffs
Ugh, you’re not up with oligarchs are you. You reckon that oligarchs just open the side window of their Moscow mansion and lend money to passers by ?

Deutsche Bank faces action over $20bn Russian money-laundering scheme

Deutsche is also under scrutiny in Washington over its financial dealings with Donald Trump. On 15 April, Democrats from the House intelligence and financial services committees issued a subpoena, demanding the bank provide documents about its lending to the president.

Over two decades, Trump borrowed more than $2bn from Deutsche. In 2008, he defaulted on a $45m loan repayment and sued the bank. Its private wealth division in New York subsequently loaned Trump a further $300m – a move that bemused insiders and which has yet to be fully explained.

In recent years, the bank has had a series of bruising encounters with international regulators. Between 2011 and 2018, it paid $14.5bn in fines, with exposure to dubious Russian money a regular theme.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...ion-over-20bn-russian-money-laundering-scheme

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ugh, you’re not up with oligarchs are you. You reckon that oligarchs just open the side window of their Moscow mansion and lend money to passers by ?

Deutsche Bank faces action over $20bn Russian money-laundering scheme

Deutsche is also under scrutiny in Washington over its financial dealings with Donald Trump. On 15 April, Democrats from the House intelligence and financial services committees issued a subpoena, demanding the bank provide documents about its lending to the president.

Over two decades, Trump borrowed more than $2bn from Deutsche. In 2008, he defaulted on a $45m loan repayment and sued the bank. Its private wealth division in New York subsequently loaned Trump a further $300m – a move that bemused insiders and which has yet to be fully explained.

In recent years, the bank has had a series of bruising encounters with international regulators. Between 2011 and 2018, it paid $14.5bn in fines, with exposure to dubious Russian money a regular theme.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...ion-over-20bn-russian-money-laundering-scheme
That's quite a stretch. I hope the bank I owe money to doesn't have criminals as customers. Imagine the leverage they would have over me. ffs get your tinfoil hat out

Gronk

Staff member
That's quite a stretch. I hope the bank I owe money to doesn't have criminals as customers. Imagine the leverage they would have over me. ffs get your tinfoil hat out

You didn't answer re: what is a billionaire. If you have assets of say 3 billion but owe 2.7 billion, are you really a billionaire ? Now don't fob me off like before.

How Donald Trump inflated his
net worth to lenders and investors

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2019/politics/trump-statements-of-financial-condition/

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You're the one hung up over whether or not he's a billionaire. All that matters is that he lives like one, and keeps ticking cool shit off his bucket list.

You're no doubt a high net worth individual but you'd f**king love to be worth 'only' $300 million.

Gronk

Staff member
and keeps ticking cool shit off his bucket list.

I think that Epstein Island has been closed down now mate.

giphy.gif