What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He's gone

Paddles

Juniors
I can't wait for the final press conference. Should be one for the ages.

What will they do with that circular mat with the management slogans on it that he got made up for the dressing rooms?

be55

Juniors
No I don't buy into any celebration at all. I don't have any ill feeling to a former Dragon player that was good enough to wear the mighty Red V at every level of the game. He gave it his best shot. I cannot fault his commitment to the club. He was offered a new contract by the board. He accepted the offer from the board. Throw the shit where it's deserved.
Don't get caught up in all the sentimental crap...no one is saying he wasn't a good player but the guy couldn't coach the results say that... it's just a pity the incompetent board isn't going with him... people are angry and rightfully so the club has become a complete rabble and his coaching is a huge part of that... results speak all languages and he couldn't deliver...thank God he is gone

Eastview

Juniors
"We haven't met performance expectations over the past 18 months, and I take acceptance of responsibility. I had the opportunity to build my team, which we did in 2017 and 2018. Unfortunately, we have not put that same side on the field since for a number of reasons."

The joker still finds a way to deflect from his poor coaching ability... just take it on the chin mate, you were never up to it, no one else's fault but your own

YoHadrian

Juniors
sydney-fireworks-685x385.jpeg

Mjab

Juniors
No I don't buy into any celebration at all. I don't have any ill feeling to a former Dragon player that was good enough to wear the mighty Red V at every level of the game. He gave it his best shot. I cannot fault his commitment to the club. He was offered a new contract by the board. He accepted the offer from the board. Throw the shit where it's deserved.

Yes the board is more at fault than Mary as you said and while I generally agree with your comments to a degree any reasonable and decent person who loves the club would be able to tell they were not up to it and step down and give someone else a go.many years ago
We have suffered a painful 6-7 years at the club and Im glad to see him gone
Never should have been given a contract extension and the CEO and board are fully responsible for that F up.
But Mary should have fallen on his sword years ago for the good of the club and people would have had respect for him. No insight and financial greed. So because of this most members on this forum I suspect have no respect for the guy I would imagine

A great day for the club and I only hope they dont give Dean Young a 3 year contract !!

the next choice has to be the right one or more pain will follow

"We haven't met performance expectations over the past 18 months, and I take acceptance of responsibility. I had the opportunity to build my team, which we did in 2017 and 2018. Unfortunately, we have not put that same side on the field since for a number of reasons."

The joker still finds a way to deflect from his poor coaching ability... just take it on the chin mate, you were never up to it, no one else's fault but your own
Absolutely! Every other team could say pretty much the same thing. It’s why a good coach plans for adversity and develops local talent.

I note in your quote he doesn’t mention his failure to develop youth to an appropriate standard or perhaps more so to retain to good ones!

hewi

Bench
"We haven't met performance expectations over the past 18 months, and I take acceptance of responsibility. I had the opportunity to build my team, which we did in 2017 and 2018. Unfortunately, we have not put that same side on the field since for a number of reasons

He must have amnesia or early onset dementia he’s been there 6 years he has never met expectations. Goose

mbk78

Juniors

"It's important to note that Craig Young excused himself of any decision making pertinent to Paul's departure and Dean's appointment. As such, for as long as Dean remains coach, Craig will take a voluntary leave of absence from the board.

I found this final paragraph to be quite telling. Talk about us long suffering supporters being caught between a rock and a hard place: Albert out of the picture for as long as his son remains as coach. Which would you prefer the most or dislike the least?...

matPORTS

Juniors
Very interesting to see that Craig will take leave of absence from the board as long as Dean remains in the head coach position. I guess let's not read too much into that and regard it as some sort of 'business formality'.

Good luck to Dean Young in these remaining games. You were one of the heroes of our 2009-2011 glory times, and the bloodshed and tears in 2010 prove your standing and values towards the Mighty Red V. A win tomorrow night against the undoubted bogey team of the Mary-era on their turf could set things in good stead for the rest of the season and going into next year.

But... we must get things right ! What we do now and going forward in this short-term will determine what the next five years will look like.