What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He's gone

It’s easy to engage in a pile-on but agree with what was said earlier, McGregor didn’t write his own cheque and doesn’t deserve it. One thing he cannot be faulted for is his passion for the club and he has worked tirelessly. It’s unfortunate that the profound failure of his tenure was entirely predictable and not remedied and that it’s come to this ... also not McGregor’s responsibility. This was a job that club officials failed to deal with for far too long. His appointment was flawed with adequate due diligence not undertaken. People say he should have walked away long ago and maybe he should have. But how many people walk away from their three-quarter-mil dream job? The answer, no-one. Sadly we cannot guarantee similar appointments won’t take place in the future as the club has a track record in the area of cosy appointments. This change should have come two extensions and reviews ago when Demetriou, Holbrook and others were waiting for gigs to open up and we could be well down the track. More importantly the culture of stasis can now give way to the change that’s sorely needed. The club had no other option but to move Immediately with lots of players in the market and a number of clubs having clean outs.

since77

Juniors
giphy.gif

denis preston

First Grade
"It's important to note that Craig Young excused himself of any decision making pertinent to Paul's departure and Dean's appointment. As such, for as long as Dean remains coach, Craig will take a voluntary leave of absence from the board.

I found this final paragraph to be quite telling. Talk about us long suffering supporters being caught between a rock and a hard place: Albert out of the picture for as long as his son remains as coach. Which would you prefer the most or dislike the least?...

This is positive.Albert has done the right thing but it also suggests to me that it is temporary ( obviously interim is ! ) and Dean will not contest or be in the running for head coach ( thank God ! ) .
You would think the board is a fair way down the track on a new Coach wouldn't you ? Or does this sacking enable our candidates take our interest more seriously to move things on quicker.

George Dragon

Juniors
QUOTE="George Dragon, post: 14199321, member: 50011"]I don't care if we win this game and the next 4 Mary must be sacked.
Even if all the teams get stuck by injuries and we make the 8 Mary must be sacked.
Mary has 6 more game before he becomes our longest serving coach.
I don't want that to happen but I wonder if there is a deal in place for him.[/QUOTE]

Letting him coach Fridays game gives him the record......

Unsainty79

Juniors
Not if daddy has anything to do with it...

The statement says Craig Young was not involved in decision making and has taken a leave of absence from the BOD while Dean Young is coach.

I heard a rumor last week that Craig Young would be stepping down from his role permanently as he advised Dean Young to not take the job, fearing it was career suicide; therefore making Craig Young's position on the board untenable.

Most logical alternative would be Flanagan, unless they can coax the Roosters into releasing Fitzgibbon. Dean Young is not a viable candidate having only narrowly survived the last review himself. My bet is the club will successful lobby the NRL to have Flanagan’s bam lifted and If that happens, there’s a good chance Kyle Flanagan will get released from the Roosters to come over as he’s found himself down the pecking order at the chooks. What that could mean for Norman is obvious. It night also pave the way for Bird to re-join the club. All speculative at this stage obviously but the stars seem to be aligning in this direction.

Jersey No 14

Juniors
On ya Ken-Worth.

These are tears of joy!
I feel like Steve Martin in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Rurpret the monkey boy is SO happen - I'm jumping around banging my pots together.

Reactions: Btk

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
G,day everyone....well been waiting for this day for a long long time.....said last year I wouldnt/ couldnt contribute to the forum and be supportive of my beloved Dragons untill The Imposter was gone....call me whatever you wish to but I got to the stage where I just could no longer put myself through the pain anguish and disappointment of watching this bloke ruin this once mighty and proud club.
We are not out of the woods by far but hopefully the new Coach whoever it will be will instill some pride and passion in the team and restore some heart and soul back into its supporters.....unfortunately I have had some ongoing health issues of late but am looking forward to reading and contributing once again with my fellow members on here...cheers

Latest posts