What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saints are completely f**ked - McGregor sacked

2 weeks

Coach
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

tenor.gif

JamesRustle

First Grade
From the list of interested parties named in that article:
Paul Green - Meh
Kevin Walters - No from everyone except the Dragons board
Craig Fitzgibbon - OK
Jason Ryles - Needs a few more years under Bellend
Anthony Griffin - Maybe on a 2 year deal

Would like to know why they bought Flange in. Does he want a head coach role or to mentor young head coaches? Him hanging around with an experienced coach appointed doesn't make sense to me.

saint.nick

Coach
Paul Green - Meh
Craig Fitzgibbon - OK

Would like to know why they bought Flange in. Does he want a head coach role or to mentor young head coaches? Him hanging around with an experienced coach appointed doesn't make sense to me.
Apparently he came in to be with Mary

gerg

Juniors
Typical Dragons thing to do. While the Broncos are showing the rugby league world how shit they are, the Dragons just had to come out and remind everyone how shit they are as well. I guess there is space for more than one tyre fire in the NRL, at any given time but it is a shame to shift the 'shit' spotlight from the Broncos.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
its odd that they've given him the fashioned week's notice

generally when they hook a coach they cant get them out the door quick enough

Silent Knight

First Grade
You just know that the Dragons board is going to make a song and dance about due diligence, say that they are conducting a comprehensive worldwide search for a coach, and then appoint Dean Young.

There is a house in Kogarah
They call the Taj Mahal
And it's been the ruin of many an old boy
And McBaldy I know is one.

Canard

Immortal
Paul Green - Meh
Craig Fitzgibbon - OK

Rylesy is currently signed on to be an assistant coach in English RU, so he won't be getting any more NRL experience in the short term. (Covid travel restrictions permitting)

I'd guess if he is offered a full time head coach role in the NRL, he will change his plans though.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Rylesy is currently signed on to be an assistant coach in English RU, so he won't be getting any more NRL experience in the short term. (Covid travel restrictions permitting)

I'd guess if he is offered a full time head coach role in the NRL, he will change his plans though.
Assistant coach under a quality mentor and a head coach role in the SL seem to be a reliable pathway to head coach. I think Ryles will be advised to continue that path rather than rush at the Dragons opportunity.

Canard

Immortal
Assistant coach under a quality mentor and a head coach role in the SL seem to be a reliable pathway to head coach. I think Ryles will be advised to continue that path rather than rush at the Dragons opportunity.

He has been coaching for most of the last Decade and in the Storm position for around 5 years now.

Given his history with the Dragons he might be a good fit (same as Fitzgibbon).

I'd have either at the Cowboys.