What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

Chimp

Juniors
RTS wants out of the warriors potentially. Can we make some room for him? I'd give him 850+
From reading the articles, he only wants out if they’re going to be based in Oz next year - he has family stuff going on and wants to be in NZ, even if that means taking a 50% pay cut and playing Union over there.

Frenzy.

Immortal
RTS and SJ didn't work at the Warriors. Convince me it would work at the Sharks.

Great player but not sure he fits the needs within the current constellation of skills in the side.

cb4

First Grade
K is on the money here.
The majority of the fine will go to upgrades.
We have matched the Warriors offer for Toby, which was a very good offer, upgraded Hunt and Talakai and will upgrade Katoa.
Ferris will get bumped up and Trindall will be offered a better deal.

For 2021, the majority of the squad will be similar, we might sign the odd fringe guy but without any QCup or NSW Cup, scouting can't be done and players will take an easy option of a 1 year extension with clubs for security.

The only way we will make a genuine splash in the market is if Fifita agrees a medical retirement and we can shift Moylan for half freight.

K is on the money here.
We have matched the Warriors offer for Toby, which was a very good offer, upgraded Hunt and Talakai and will upgrade Katoa.

For 2021, the majority of the squad will be similar, we might sign the odd fringe guy but without any QCup or NSW Cup, scouting can't be done and players will take an easy option of a 1 year extension with clubs for security.

The only way we will make a genuine splash in the market is if Fifita agrees a medical retirement and we can shift Moylan for half freight.

Thanks for the info Cb4.

I guess in regards to Fifita just depends how he goes after this latest injury setback.

Is there any Current interest in Moylan out there if we do pay some freight?

Tiger Shark

Bench
K is on the money here.

No real suprises there in regards to the squad not changing.

I'm glad we're keeping Trindall.

R-15-3

Juniors
I’d like us to sign a bench utility backrower type who can play a bit of hooker and tackle their ass off. Dont think we need to carry a small utility like we have been.

ghoti

Bench
I’d like us to sign a bench utility backrower type who can play a bit of hooker and tackle their ass off. Dont think we need to carry a small utility like we have been.

Really useful role these days.. a Brandon Smith, Cam McInnes type player would be great for us.. I like Tracey a lot but his role is hard to figure out considering his size

Frenzy.

Immortal
Really useful role these days.. a Brandon Smith, Cam McInnes type player would be great for us.. I like Tracey a lot but his role is hard to figure out considering his size

Very few of that ilk off contract though. In fact they are rare as hen's teeth overall. Probably need to identify and develop a kid into the role.

Hard when sides can't even scout the reggies or junior reps.

Tiger Shark

Bench
I noticed Sorro mentioned his ability to play hooker in yesterday’s presser. Played for the Jets last year and played junior football there.

Can play edge, middle and hooker at a pinch. Not the worst idea he’s that forward utility.

Frailty

First Grade
Can Moylan medically retire? I mean, if he can't run without his hamstrings exploding that seems like pretty reasonable evidence that he can't medically play anymore.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Busted more than Moylan?

Is this a thing that is even possible?

He doesn't get many games though. 10 years NRL, 157 games. Couldn't say how many he missed through injury or not being selected though.

Too bad. He's a quality player and if Feefs packs it in would be good to have another Indigenous leader for all the young fellas we have coming through.

Latest posts