What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Membership

Tigers and to a lesser extent Warriors always hurt my OCD when I see these name cards

100%

A few years back they had the footy cards in alphabetical order:

Brisbane, Bulldogs, Canberra, Gold Coast, Manly-Warringah, Melbourne, Newcastle, North Qld,
Parramatta, Penrith, Sharks, Souths Sydney, St George-Illawarra, Sydney, Warriors, Wests Tigers

For a bit, I think they had the Cowboys under 'C' too.

At least now it is almost correct, just Warriors:

Brisbane, Canberra, Canterbury, Cronulla-Sutherland, Gold Coast, Manly-Warringah, Melbourne, Newcastle, North Qld, Parra, Penrith, South Sydney, St George-Illawarra, Sydney, Warriors, Wests Tigers.

Back on topic, I wonder how many chargebacks the clubs have had over the last 12 weeks in regards to memberships?

roofromoz

First Grade
Panthers are not taking on any new memberships (or renewals) at this stage, only pledges for those with existing memberships.

I think it's done primarily to control demand for home match tickets but surely with the team flying high at the moment, even if it is non-ticketed memberships they would shift quite a few of them.

Pommy

Coach
Great growth by the Eels, that free ga child membership with ga adult membership has been very popular I reckon. Dont know why broncos and other teams with stadium capacity to do so don’t do it.

They have enough issues without being accused of child abuse on top.

greenBV4

Bench
Thats to already existing members though isn't it?

I think what he meant was clubs should be pushing for new non-ticketed members

I know the storm usually push memberships all through the year, but I havn't seen anything for any type of membership since the first lockdown (I kinda get why though, not really the best time to be asking people for money)

sempmrh

Juniors

I know the storm usually push memberships all through the year, but I havn't seen anything for any type of membership since the first lockdown (I kinda get why though, not really the best time to be asking people for money)
The club was pushing Queensland and Sunshine Coast memberships but because of limits on numbers they're mostly sold out so there's really nothing to push now. Saying that, to have over 23,000 members this year is a pretty big achievement. Whether or not that number includes anyone that might have asked for a refund, I don't know.

greenBV4

Bench
The club was pushing Queensland and Sunshine Coast memberships but because of limits on numbers they're mostly sold out so there's really nothing to push now. Saying that, to have over 23,000 members this year is a pretty big achievement. Whether or not that number includes anyone that might have asked for a refund, I don't know.
makes sense, although this year would of been a good one to push for non-ticketed memberships, replace the GA game entrys with a bit of extra merch and market it as "support the storm from home"

then next year or whenever crowds are back to normal try and upgrade those new members

wazdog

Juniors

Yeah only for existing members over 70. The club has been selling plan black ones plus off cuts from past jerseys. RZA from Wu Tang was promoting them on IG as well lol.

I think you will find they will become a staple in member packs next year though.

Agree it would be very hard to sell new memberships in this environment. The Rabbitohs asked ticketed members if they would gift the club their membership fees and not ask for a refund if crowds were banned for the remainder of the year.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeah only for existing members over 70. The club has been selling plan black ones plus off cuts from past jerseys. RZA from Wu Tang was promoting them on IG as well lol.

I think you will find they will become a staple in member packs next year though.

Agree it would be very hard to sell new memberships in this environment. The Rabbitohs asked ticketed members if they would gift the club their membership fees and not ask for a refund if crowds were banned for the remainder of the year.

I think it shows a lack of marketing nous TBH. It was an ideal opportunity to sell a "special" non ticketed membership for the year to people who arent normally members. Could have been an NRL campaign, get behind your club in these difficult times type approach. Beef up the merch gear, chuck in a branded mask like the F1 teams are wearing and see if we couldnt get the non member fans to get onboard to help out their clubs in these difficult times. I guess clubs must feel they have enough money to see them through and as we know they really arent that interested or invested in growing their memberships.

wazdog

Juniors
Rabbitohs now reporting 29,900+ members. It would appear that they are getting close to cracking 30k but working through when they will announce it.

EDIT: now surpassed 30k members today. Timed with the announcement of the new jersey partner.

Last edited:

This Year?

Immortal
I have yet to recieve my pack. Maybe they couldn't handle the jump in memberships after the bald messiah was punted, they couldn't be bothered sending it or whoever delivered it f**ked up.
Anyone else had the same problem?

shear_joy9

Coach

Melbourne have hit 25k members, not bad for a year where most would have been unable to see a game in person.

how many people signed up just to get the free shit included in a membership?
Out of Melbourne membership is $5 and you get a free grilled burger, hat, ticket to game on the Sunshine coast and some other stuff.

1.buy membership for $5
2.eat free burger
3.throw hat and other storm shit in the bin
4.sell ticket for $6
5.profit

how many people signed up just to get the free shit included in a membership?
Out of Melbourne membership is $5 and you get a free grilled burger, hat, ticket to game on the Sunshine coast and some other stuff.

1.buy membership for $5
2.eat free burger
3.throw hat and other storm shit in the bin
4.sell ticket for $6
5.profit

The free lanyard is pretty enticing too.

Latest posts