What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade23

Juniors
I think Gus instilling that in the culture of the club will reap benefits long term. There will always be one we want to keep getting impatient & jumping at a seemingly better offer. But knowing that the club has your career in the NRL above just what may benefit the Panthers has to give players the confidence in staying put.

There will always be one or two that might jump early, but sometimes you can't stop that. If you keep the bulk of the players you want, you are doing ok most times. The young players seeing the results of your systems and beliefs helps.
I wouldn't be surprised if 1 or 2 departed end of the year for opportunities elsewhere.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I must admit to being a little toey about the gun players who remain unsigned.

I do understand that these things take time, patience and effort to happen.

Just gotta learn to be patient and enjoy the experience.

Going to be interesting about Tamou and Jack and what plays out here.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
That could go either way at the moment.

Interesting. Sadly I think Jack is going to be a 'wasted talent' whose ill discipline stopd him being a wonderful player. Sadly it happens.

Tamou has done everything asked of him. Would be quite OK with him getting a one year deal with an option for the 2nd. He appears to be a good mentor and leader of him. His stats this year are pretty impressive too. (obviously not on the same money but a reduced contract)

Blade23

Juniors
Interesting. Sadly I think Jack is going to be a 'wasted talent' whose ill discipline stopd him being a wonderful player. Sadly it happens.

Tamou has done everything asked of him. Would be quite OK with him getting a one year deal with an option for the 2nd. He appears to be a good mentor and leader of him. His stats this year are pretty impressive too. (obviously not on the same money but a reduced contract)

Tamou has been outstanding this year. On and off the field. He is getting better with his interviews with the media. If you watch him closely on the field you realise what a hole he will leave if he goes. He is constantly barking orders for getting players onside or trying to calm things down when things get out of hand. Then he leads by example with every carry.
He wants to stay but the problem is the 2nd year. 2022. The young players we are extending and upgrading now most of their new deals start in 2022. 2022 is very tight at the moment.

Jack is frustrating.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Tamou has been outstanding this year. On and off the field. He is getting better with his interviews with the media. If you watch him closely on the field you realise what a hole he will leave if he goes. He is constantly barking orders for getting players onside or trying to calm things down when things get out of hand. Then he leads by example with every carry.
He wants to stay but the problem is the 2nd year. 2022. The young players we are extending and upgrading now most of their new deals start in 2022. 2022 is very tight at the moment.

Jack is frustrating.

I totally agree about Jack (he is the type of player that would send adminstrators and coaches bald very quickly)

I don't envy the club. It's not an easy situation......(wouldn't do it for quids)

To be honest I'm quite happy with whatever decision they make.

Panfa

Juniors
Id be letting burns or kenny go before burton we have a stack of back rowers and we could use may or luai in the 9 with burton at 6.Burton has more potential then the other 2 we are crazy to let him go to the dogs if barrett throws the dollars at him.

I’d rather keep Jack More upside if we can get the dumb shit out of his game, Gus has said he has the body of an elite athlete the big worry Is the 5 inches between his ears which is a fair summation

Thing is we’re starting games so well at the moment, Tamou is a big part of that. I don’t want to see us risk what’s already working on the hope Hetherington fixes his discipline.

Id be letting burns or kenny go before burton we have a stack of back rowers and we could use may or luai in the 9 with burton at 6.Burton has more potential then the other 2 we are crazy to let him go to the dogs if barrett throws the dollars at him.

Kenny or Burns would cost very little, I doubt their money would stop Burton being retained. They’d essentially be minimum wage players, and you’d need to replace them with other minimum wage players.

Jack is frustrating.

Lots of our props off contract at the end of next year, hopefully we can take our pick of which ones we want to keep.

Hetherington
Leniu
Tamou
Tetevano

(I’m sure you know this, just posting for general info)

Jane Murray

Bench
I totally agree about Jack (he is the type of player that would send adminstrators and coaches bald very quickly)

I don't envy the club. It's not an easy situation......(wouldn't do it for quids)

To be honest I'm quite happy with whatever decision they make.
That and provides plenty of work for the Cardiologists. I thought Hetherington turned a corner when he didn't deck JWH, clearly I was wrong.

forby

Juniors
We need Tamou at the moment as we really dont have another forward leader. This is obvious when you see the drop off when he leaves the field. Seeing him on the sideline he never stops being the captain!

We need Tamou at the moment as we really dont have another forward leader. This is obvious when you see the drop off when he leaves the field. Seeing him on the sideline he never stops being the captain!

Yeah I agree, it’s become obvious as the seasons gone on that he’s pretty important. I’d give him a 2 year deal.

Jane Murray

Bench
Yes we do, as his name is James Fisher-Harris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts