What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could the Titans be a smokey for the 8?

Whip Whitaker

Juniors
I cannot believe I actually got as far as starting this thread, as it seems like a fantasy. But consider this:

They have played some decent footy against Penrith and the Roosters. And absolutely belted the Cowboys.

The Titans would need to beat the Sharks this week to close the gap on them to 2 wins. But then they have:

Raiders (tough but at home); Dragons (can win); Dogs (can win) Broncos (easy win); Manly (poor without Tommy Turbo); Knights (???).

I'd love to see them make it but beating up the crippled kids ( cows Broncs) in class is not going to get them there .
I do hope they can ..they play good footy when they want to
But can be very inconsistant

ACTPanthers

Bench
Even if they do, they'd be embarrassed by the better teams in finals.. It'd probably be more of a detriment than anything.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Regardless if they make it this year things are looking a lot more positive this year than in recent ones. Hopefully they keep building and the Fifita and other signing turns them into contenders. getting back to 20k crowds on the GC would be good for the game.

shear_joy9

Coach
Currently paying $51 on sportsbet..

Have a punt son.

Braith is all over this

source.gif

Valheru

Coach
Not this year but they certainly are looking like pest value for those teams fighting for the 8 or positions within it.

Sharks, Canberra, Manly and the Knights all have a real banana skin game in the titans down the stretch.

gerg

Juniors
They're building something speshal on the coast?

But seriously, I'm really enjoying their playing style. A great team to watch.

davi

Juniors
Even if they do, they'd be embarrassed by the better teams in finals.. It'd probably be more of a detriment than anything.

Nah rubbish. Every team should wanna play finals. And they would be better particularly the younger players for the experience going into the finals with all the pressure on the opposition with nothing to lose. Two weeks ago they went toe to toe with the Roosters and were unlucky to be disallowed a try which if they made the conversion the scores would have been level at the end of the game. They were quite competitive against Penrith recently as well, hardly evidence they would be blown off the paddock in the finals.

By saying that It won't happen. I heard to make it they would have to win all their remaining games and could afford to lose one at the very least. Titans are improving but all their wins have come against teams not in the top eight. It won't happen, but the future is still bright.

Tweed Titan

Bench
We lose the yardage game still in the middle. Usually the other team averages about 10 metres more gained per set in the arm wrestle.

Something we are yet to rectify is the complete lack of go forward our wingers bring to the start of the sets. Don, Thompson and Sami are all on the smaller side and tend not to break any tackles and get dominated in the play the ball.

As a result our fairly modest middle forward rotation is constantly running into a brick wall on the second tackle. Whenever Arrow and Fotuaika are off the field at the same time we get absolutely dominated through the ruck too.

Latest posts