What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"IN WANE WE TRUST" ................ Shaun Wane that is.

Dragsters

First Grade
There's a group of us Dragons tragics who agree we need a fresh start, a proper career coach with a record that speaks for itself, a clean slate, not a reject coach from another NRL club and we all agree that Shaun Wane is the man to resurrect this once great club.

3 time premiership winner.

68% Win record.

For your consideration...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw2KGiAnshoH9rSgax1MwscB&cshid=1597293189060

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=51uKVybW4qQ&ved=2ahUKEwi1yqOigJLrAhWFfH0KHdDpBPIQtwIwAHoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3Ga-Z3wCzmc6-HiidADUMT

Last edited:

Carrera28

Juniors
My preference is 1) Bennet, 2) Fitzgibbon and 3) Wane.

Wane is a solid choice who has developed a winning culture and has the strength of character to deal with the blow torch that comes with being Dragon's coach. I don't think Green, Flanagan or Griffin will be able to cope with the level of expectation and pressure.

We cannot put Dean Young into the role and crucify another club legend who is not ready for a head coach position.

We need a head coach that players are going to want to play for and who can bring out their best, we need to recruit two or three key players and need a coach that will encourage good or even hopefully great players to join a club coming 14th and I reckon Wane will attract players who have grit and determination or who need their potential exploited.

St Georgio

Juniors
My preference is 1) Bennet, 2) Fitzgibbon and 3) Wane.

Wane is a solid choice who has developed a winning culture and has the strength of character to deal with the blow torch that comes with being Dragon's coach. I don't think Green, Flanagan or Griffin will be able to cope with the level of expectation and pressure.

We cannot put Dean Young into the role and crucify another club legend who is not ready for a head coach position.

We need a head coach that players are going to want to play for and who can bring out their best, we need to recruit two or three key players and need a coach that will encourage good or even hopefully great players to join a club coming 14th and I reckon Wane will attract players who have grit and determination or who need their potential exploited.
No To Fitzgibbon he IS another Rookie with no Headcoach experience.

St Georgio

Juniors
JAMES HOOPER - "Who will be the new Red V head coach? It definitely won’t be Shane Flanagan. The NRL will not alter his penalty.

There’s nothing wrong with the St George Illawarra roster – it’s a list which should be playing finals football.

The Dragons will throw the inbox open for applications and then begin the process of sifting through CV’s.

If Dean Young goes well over the final six weeks of the season then the club champion can state a strong case.

Provided the Dragons get their next coaching appointment right, another premiership is not beyond the realms of possibility.'' (Shaun Wane)

Gippsy

Bench
I think the dream appointment would be Bennett as head coach for 2 years with Fitzgibbon as his assistant and successor.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Does anyone know if Shaun Wane is actually available - is he in the discussions ?
He’s not available. He wants to honour his England deal and has aspirations to beat Australia. Hopefully Australia plays England ASAP, they absolutely whack us then he signs with us. Realistically he’s unlikely but stranger things have happened. COVID may help strangely.

boardlumps62

Juniors
JAMES HOOPER - "Who will be the new Red V head coach? It definitely won’t be Shane Flanagan. The NRL will not alter his penalty.

There’s nothing wrong with the St George Illawarra roster – it’s a list which should be playing finals football.

The Dragons will throw the inbox open for applications and then begin the process of sifting through CV’s.

If Dean Young goes well over the final six weeks of the season then the club champion can state a strong case.

Provided the Dragons get their next coaching appointment right, another premiership is not beyond the realms of possibility.'' (Shaun Wane)
Yes there is something wrong with our roster sorry James. Like we don't have enough big forwards who have ability in all facets of the game. And James we don't have the backs to compete enough said.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
There's a group us Dragons tragics who agree we need a fresh start, a proper career coach with a record that speaks for itself, a clean slate, not a reject coach from another NRL club and we all agree that Shaun Wane is the man to resurrect this once great club.

3 time premiership winner.

68% Win record.

For your consideration...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw2KGiAnshoH9rSgax1MwscB&cshid=1597293189060

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=51uKVybW4qQ&ved=2ahUKEwi1yqOigJLrAhWFfH0KHdDpBPIQtwIwAHoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3Ga-Z3wCzmc6-HiidADUMT

Tough, smart and in the Bellamy mould- I'd take him- but then again I can also see arguments for someone like Anthony Griffin or Craig Fitzgibbon- untried at Head Coach but rated the next supercoach by people in the know.

Dragsters

First Grade
Does anyone know if Shaun Wane is actually available - is he in the discussions ?

He is and he wants to coach in the NRL and he has engaged a manager over here to act on his behalf.

Gareth, if you have some spare time, do yourself a favour and watch the YouTube link I posted and listen to the man for yourself. He is very frank indeed.

I'm sure he's in the mix.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I think the dream appointment would be Bennett as head coach for 2 years with Fitzgibbon as his assistant and successor.

We're all entitled to our opinions but ...expecting Bennett to be what he was to us more than ten years ago is unrealistic- his management of off field behavioural issues at Souths, their roster and now his COVID confusion and pathetic defence of his actions all speak to me of a guy who's out of touch and reached his use by date.

Dragsters

First Grade
Tough, smart and in the Bellamy mould- I'd take him- but then again I can also see arguments for someone like Anthony Griffin or Craig Fitzgibbon- untried at Head Coach but rated the next supercoach by people in the know.

Not sold on Griffin.

Fitzy would be a solid option but he has stated his intentions.

Time will tell if his position changes with the McGregor sacking...

hazzbeen

Bench
He is and he wants to coach in the NRL and he has engaged a manager over here to act on his behalf.

Gareth, if you have some spare time, do yourself a favour and watch the YouTube link I posted and listen to the man for yourself. He is very frank indeed.

I'm sure he's in the mix.
If he wants to come here, then get it done but more than likely , if Young wins a few games as assistant coach DON"T be surprised what this board will do .......

Latest posts