What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who wins the Premiership?

Who wins the Premiership?

• Penrith

Votes: 66 40.2%
  • Storm

Votes: 44 26.8%
  • Eels

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Roosters

Votes: 14 8.5%
  • Raiders

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • Knights

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Rabbits

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Manly

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Sharks

Votes: 6 3.7%

• Total voters
As long it’s not the Storm...

3d1764480205a49e8e5449a885b43abd.jpg
To be honest, it wouldnt surprise me if they were caught cheating the system again... i mean, its not beyond them... they are the sort of arrogant f**ks that would continue to cheat all for the glorification of being "number 1"
theres a reason they are sponsored by Grilled... cause the integrity unit constantly grills them over whether or not they are cheating...

firechild

First Grade
Surprised more people aren't seeing through the ruse that is Parra 2020. They're rubbish and they will capitulate when the real games start. Penrith or the Storm look most likely at this stage. Looking forward to tears from Parra fans though.

moffla

Bench
View attachment 40963
To be honest, it wouldnt surprise me if they were caught cheating the system again... i mean, its not beyond them... they are the sort of arrogant f**ks that would continue to cheat all for the glorification of being "number 1"
theres a reason they are sponsored by Grilled... cause the integrity unit constantly grills them over whether or not they are cheating...
Say it again, but this time without the tears

Danish

Referee
If panthers continue their dream run with injuries they'll take it out in a canter. Head and shoulders above every other team right now.

I'm predicting the Top 5 will wind up:

1. Panthers
2. Storm
3. Eels
4. Raiders
5. Roosters

Panthers easily account for the Raiders in week 1, Storm get upset by the Eels. Roosters smash whatever joker came 8th.

Week 2 sees the Roosters vs Raiders, and then Storm vs some nuffy. Storm win easily, Roosters vs Raiders whoever has less injuries wins (lets say roosters, since it would mean a straight sets exit for Sticky).

Week 3, Eels face a an injury ravaged Roosters and win based on more rest and more troops (could also apply to the raiders). Panthers grind the Storm into the dirt.

Grand final. Eels are in off the back of a pretty easy game, while Panthers are now battle hardened. Panthers win it in a tight one.

I look forward to seeing how wrong I am in a couple months

Vic Mackey

Referee
*edit wrong thread but still relevant*

Jesus Christ.

Worst injury toll I've ever seen in 1st grade.

Put a line through the Roosters. They don't have any fit players left.

no denying the injury toll is large, however the carry on over it is ridiculous. It’s as though this is only team to have ever had an injury crisis in sporting history

Tonight the Roosters had on the park (according to their own fans)

Worlds best player
Worlds best half
Worlds best prop
Worlds best center

Plus the Worlds best coach Trent Robinson, who we keep getting told is a magician and doesn’t just buy Origin players

The side tonight had 7 Aus/Nz internationals, which is more then the current Panthers and Eels squad have combined

Generalzod

Immortal
View attachment 40963
Oh yeah and Victoria loves Rugba league they can’t get enough of it...

Vic Mackey

Referee
Well sure but at least we Eels fans will still know we're shit. Apart from the trolls but they aren't Eels fans. Or people.

Don't lump us in with the enormous cloud of smug hovering over the wastelands at the foot of the mountains

This is how its come across to me too

Eels fans are too scarred by previous years that they’re waiting for it all to fall in a heap

Whereas Panthers fans are discussing how many Premierships they’ll beat Saint Georges 11 in a row by

mxlegend99

Referee
I would have had Roosters as a certainty to play one of Storm, Eels or Panthers. But after last night they will be a long shot for that unless the injuries aren't as bad as they looked. If Keary is available for finals they have one spot IMO.

Panthers are due to get some guys back over the next few weeks and can be arguably the closest to full strength. In best form atm but its still a long way to go. Not sure they can maintain this level for that long

Eels are in average form at the moment but still keep notching wins and we know they have more ability than we've seen. They're going to go up a notch sometime soon. Possibly when they face Panthers again.

Storm... Well they just annihilated Roosters with their 2 best players out. Although Roosters were pretty f**ked by injury so it's hard to read into that performance.

Right now i i think it looks like Storm will defeat one if the western Sydney teams in the grand final. But i truly hope we see an Eels vs Panthers grand final.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This is how its come across to me too

Eels fans are too scarred by previous years that they’re waiting for it all to fall in a heap

Whereas Panthers fans are discussing how many Premierships they’ll beat Saint Georges 11 in a row by
Yep, after 34 years of getting penetrated by my team year in year out i'm just waiting for them to do it to us again. Plus our coach is bald.

Knight Vision

First Grade
no denying the injury toll is large, however the carry on over it is ridiculous. It’s as though this is only team to have ever had an injury crisis in sporting history

Worlds best player
Worlds best half
Worlds best prop
Worlds best center

Plus the Worlds best coach Trent Robinson, who we keep getting told is a magician and doesn’t just buy Origin players

The side tonight had 7 Aus/Nz internationals, which is more then the current Panthers and Eels squad have combined
All that and with another Aust international out, 1 Pommie international out and with another dual Kiwi international on the way.....all neatly under the cap.....:) .....................I havent seen such a suspect roster since the Storm days, It makes a mockery of the integrity of the competition.

Last edited:

Bandwagon

Staff member
Panthers Storm GF, they'll finish one and two in Minor Prem.

Eels will go deep into finals but lose to one these two, Roosters aren't the same team they were last year, and injuries are f**king them, Raiders or Knights could still make top four, so both are outside chances.

Can't see any other team being anything other than also rans.

Worlds best player
Worlds best half
Worlds best prop
Worlds best center

I pretty much agree with this. The injury toll might explain the loss but not the capitulation. The game was over before halftime and I think the injuries gave the rest of the team an excuse to lose.

Legends

Juniors
All that and with another Aust international out, 1 Pommie international out and with another dual Kiwi international on the way.....all neatly under the cap.....:) .....................I havent seen such a suspect roster since the Storm days, It makes a mockery of the integrity of the competition.

So SBW on $150 for a handful of games and an over the hill back up winger from England on max. $200k are your evidence for salary cap rorting? Couldn't be anything to do with smart Cap management? Remind me again how many ex-Roosters were recruited by the Knights for more money than the Roosters were offering?

Knight Vision

First Grade
So SBW on $150 for a handful of games and an over the hill back up winger from England on max. $200k are your evidence for salary cap rorting? Couldn't be anything to do with smart Cap management? Remind me again how many ex-Roosters were recruited by the Knights for more money than the Roosters were offering?

Anyway you want to cut, slice or dice it, throw it up in the air and over your shoulder twice a square peg doesnt fit in a round hole.

Even at 200K AUD Hall would be on less than what he was earning in SL. All for the chance to test himself ?

Notice you didnt mention all the other players in the Rorters squad.

The only way they fit under the cap is 1) they dont .........or .............2) they are all playing for a lot less money than they could be. My understanding of humanity says 2) has a snowflakes chance in hell of being true