What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reinstate McGregor

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Comments like this confirm the decision was correct and long overdue...

"I had the opportunity to build my team, which we did in 2017 and 2018. Unfortunately, we have not put that same side on the field since for a number of reasons."

That is a rationale that a fan uses, not a professional coach.

let’s see. Melbourne haven’t had the same team, roosters haven’t had the same team, parra haven’t had the same team...how are they going? This prick was full of excuses and not solutions. Even after he’s gone, he’s still making excuses. 7 years too late. Goodbye shit merkin. You were the worst thing to ever happen to the dragons.

gitano

Juniors
MACGREGOR stands by Young as permanent coach.

Reminds when I was at sea and we had three code bravo's (fires) in one night. We were alongside in Bermuda and on the first fire we noticed the Fireman and others outside in the park - small fire in the sauna someone had left a towel on the hot coals.

Second fire was the fat grill in one of the restaurants but the alarms went off - no fireman and no assistants - fire put out.

Third fire was in the bakery and it took a little time - we found the fireman in his bunk sound asleep - slept through the alarms.

Next day at 6am Captain's hearing with the HR Manager Staff Captain Hotel Director and Chief Engineer. Charges were read out - the Fireman asked for a second and walked outside to bring in his assistant.

He said to the Captain I know I am gone but can I recomment this guy - my second in charge to take over - Captain asked him to leave the room and asked me where was the assistant - I said asleep in the park outside.

Two firemen came back in and the Captain said - get off my ship - twenty minutes later Security had their bags packed and they were back in the park.

Mary was the Senior firefighter and Young was the assistant firefighter. - not really but why put Dean in when he was part of the drama
Second worst seaman story I've heard today.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Who had to fix the mess Bennett left us in.

But now everyone wants Bennett back...

Bennett didn’t leave us in a mess. He improved the team overnight and helped them win a GF.

then Newcastle poached him from under the dragons nose, and a few players followed him because they knew how good he was.

he endorsed Price. But it was the Dragons fault for hiring that useless merkin.

So what mess are you talking about?

Bennett was the one that cleaned up the mess that this club was.

If it wasn’t for Bennett, we’d still be waiting for the dragons to win a premiership

gitano

Juniors
Bennett didn’t leave us in a mess. He improved the team overnight and helped them win a GF.

then Newcastle poached him from under the dragons nose, and a few players followed him because they knew how good he was.

he endorsed Price. But it was the Dragons fault for hiring that useless merkin.

So what mess are you talking about?

Bennett was the one that cleaned up the mess that this club was.

If it wasn’t for Bennett, we’d still be waiting for the dragons to win a premiership
Bennett inherited a quality side and added a few key elements.
He left the club in a mess. No thought to the future.

Browny handed over a quality side. Bennett takes the glory, before stitching Browny up again in Newcastle. Very selfish coaching.

The bloke is the last person we need. The dragons need to be competitive year on year. Bennett isn't the answer.

redv13

Bench

Browny handed over a quality side. Bennett takes the glory, before stitching Browny up again in Newcastle. Very selfish coaching.

The bloke is the last person we need. The dragons need to be competitive year on year. Bennett isn't the answer.
When are you heading over to NZ??

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade

brown had a gun side in 2004...they fell short..had a gun side in 2005...fell short again...had a good side in 2008, but not good enough to win it. Bennett being the smart coach that he is brought in a few more players and instilled a confidence in them like no one had done before.
The soft underbelly that the dragons used to have was done. Between 2009 and 2011 the dragons were playing like the Storm.

and now you want to put shit on the man and say he left the team in a mess?

if it wasn’t for Bennett you’d still be waiting for them to win a GF.

Give yourself an uppercut for badmouthing Bennett

gitano

Juniors
When are you heading over to NZ??
Not sure.
brown had a gun side in 2004...they fell short..had a gun side in 2005...fell short again...had a good side in 2008, but not good enough to win it. Bennett being the smart coach that he is brought in a few more players and instilled a confidence in them like no one had done before.
The soft underbelly that the dragons used to have was done. Between 2009 and 2011 the dragons were playing like the Storm.

and now you want to put shit on the man and say he left the team in a mess?

if it wasn’t for Bennett you’d still be waiting for them to win a GF.

Give yourself an uppercut for badmouthing Bennett
Bennett's a flog. He was a hired hand.
Took and continues to take credit for others hard work and development.

He's the Roosters of coaching.

redv13

Bench

Why don’t you enlighten everybody on here and drops some names. 2 or 3 choices for a coach, a few players the club should try and target and a few to cut loose. Cut the shit for once and see how you go

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Not sure.

Bennett's a flog. He was a hired hand.
Took and continues to take credit for others hard work and development.

He's the Roosters of coaching.
You’re a flog for badmouthing the last premiership winning coach the dragons had. If it wasn’t for Bennett, you’d still be watching the 79 GF on your VCR to say that you’ve seen the dragons win a GF

gitano

Juniors
You’re a flog for badmouthing the last premiership winning coach the dragons had. If it wasn’t for Bennett, you’d still be watching the 79 GF on your VCR to say that you’ve seen the dragons win a GF
How do you know a better coach wouldn't have created a dynasty?
Quality coaches leave joints better than they found them.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Bennett was hired to win a premiership. He did that. To say he left the team in good condition upon leaving is glorifying his stint somewhat.

RED73V

Juniors

Let me guess Euan is?? CANT PASS, CANT READ DEFENCE.

Belta

Juniors
It’s fair to say people can have different options and we need to respect that but to suggest a head coach is not accountable for the continuation of sub-standard performances is so inconceivable that thread has to be a s@#t stir.

Latest posts