What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who wins the Premiership?

Who wins the Premiership?

• Penrith

Votes: 66 40.2%
  • Storm

Votes: 44 26.8%
  • Eels

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Roosters

Votes: 14 8.5%
  • Raiders

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • Knights

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Rabbits

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Manly

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Sharks

Votes: 6 3.7%

• Total voters

Legends

Juniors
no denying the injury toll is large, however the carry on over it is ridiculous. It’s as though this is only team to have ever had an injury crisis in sporting history

Tonight the Roosters had on the park (according to their own fans)

Worlds best player
Worlds best half
Worlds best prop
Worlds best center

Plus the Worlds best coach Trent Robinson, who we keep getting told is a magician and doesn’t just buy Origin players

The side tonight had 7 Aus/Nz internationals, which is more then the current Panthers and Eels squad have combined

So what you're saying is that because they only had 9 first graders out injured (now 12), they should have been OK?

soc123_au

Staff member
This is how its come across to me too

Eels fans are too scarred by previous years that they’re waiting for it all to fall in a heap

Whereas Panthers fans are discussing how many Premierships they’ll beat Saint Georges 11 in a row by
Nah, we want Souffs record by 2040.

I think a lot of us at Penrith are in the same boat as Parra fans. Waiting for the inevitable shit to hit the fan. We probably aren't quite as mentally scarred as they are though.

I think sadly the Storm are the ones to beat. They will have Smith & Munster back nice & fresh for the finals & they just know how to win.

Roosters I think are done now. If Keary is out then along with the others missing It's a bridge too far.

Parra have looked average for a while now, but keep winning. Maybe they are timing their run. If they can kick it up a notch then who knows.

Panthers are playing some great football. We have had injuries, but Api & the halves have played most games. If we lose Api or Cleary we might be in some trouble. I think there is still improvement left in the team, but inexperience is a worry. Whatever happens, this year has been a hell of a ride & I've loved every minute of it.

Raiders could make a run for 4th with the fall of the Roosters. If they can do that I wouldn't write them off. Last year will have made them hungry & hardened if they can make the GF Sticky will have them ready to go.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Smart cap management is a great euphemism for 'test drive this brand new car for a few years' or 'come play a round of golf with me, Trent get my tennis racket' or 'when are all your family members' birthdays, I'd like to get them a present'.*

* Allegedly hypothetical scenarios at a possibly fictional eastern Sydney team.

Anyway you want to cut, slice or dice it, throw it up in the air and over your shoulder twice a square peg doesnt fit in a round hole.

Even at 200K AUD Hall would be on less than what he was earning in SL. All for the chance to test himself ?

Notice you didnt mention all the other players in the Rorters squad.

The only way they fit under the cap is 1) they dont .........or .............2) they are all playing for a lot less money than they could be. My understanding of humanity says 2) has a snowflakes chance in hell of being true

All hail King Politis.

Valheru

Coach
Anyway you want to cut, slice or dice it, throw it up in the air and over your shoulder twice a square peg doesnt fit in a round hole.

Even at 200K AUD Hall would be on less than what he was earning in SL. All for the chance to test himself ?

Notice you didnt mention all the other players in the Rorters squad.

The only way they fit under the cap is 1) they dont .........or .............2) they are all playing for a lot less money than they could be. My understanding of humanity says 2) has a snowflakes chance in hell of being true

If you are going to go on a roosters salary cap rant, at least provide a breakdown a completely made up breakdown of what each player is being paid.

Valheru

Coach
no denying the injury toll is large, however the carry on over it is ridiculous. It’s as though this is only team to have ever had an injury crisis in sporting history

Tonight the Roosters had on the park (according to their own fans)

Worlds best player
Worlds best half
Worlds best prop
Worlds best center

Plus the Worlds best coach Trent Robinson, who we keep getting told is a magician and doesn’t just buy Origin players

The side tonight had 7 Aus/Nz internationals, which is more then the current Panthers and Eels squad have combined

You are being overly generous on what you define as an international here.

J-Moz hasn't played for 6 years and Friend had a single appearance in 2016, not to mention he sucks.

SST is a Tongan international.

In any event, the issue last night is where the injuries were. I don't think anyone would disagree the game plays out differently with a roosters starting pack of JWH, SST, Cordner, Crighton and Radley as opposed to Butcher (lol), SST, Sitilli, Aubo and Liu.

Radley isn't coming back but the other 3 are.

Legends

Juniors

As has been stated before, if a player wants more money elsewhere than the Roosters, he's let go. Recent examples include: Lattrell, Matterson, Blake Ferguson, Jennings, Kane Evans, Napa, Tetevano, Momorovski, Connor Watson, Pearce, Guerra

Nealo 12

Bench
They are in tenth right now, Madge taking them backwards.
Yeah I know but 9th is a joke that sticks in the craw with many Tigers fans, atm they can only dream of getting to the dizzy heights of 9th place while hoping for the nrl to introduce the wildcard play off system .

Nat Butcher would start at AT LEAST TWO other NRL clubs and FIVE OR SIX ESL CLUBS.

And the Roosters have him on THE BENCH!!!

HOW MUCH MORE EVIDENCE DO YOU NEED???

Maybe he doesn't want to play in the ESL, many Australian players don't despite the big money offers. Things like friends and family are important (if you doubt that then you doubt the evidence presented by the NZ Warriors players who return to NZ a few weeks back due to home sickness).

Additionally, a player may not fit into the system at another club. I mean have a look at how successful things have been for RTS since he took the bigger money offer to play at the Warriors. He's been covered in finals glory there eh?

You have presented no evidence at all, just supposition and theory. No facts.

franklin2323

Immortal
Nah, we want Souffs record by 2040.

I think a lot of us at Penrith are in the same boat as Parra fans. Waiting for the inevitable shit to hit the fan. We probably aren't quite as mentally scarred as they are though.

I think sadly the Storm are the ones to beat. They will have Smith & Munster back nice & fresh for the finals & they just know how to win.

Roosters I think are done now. If Keary is out then along with the others missing It's a bridge too far.

Parra have looked average for a while now, but keep winning. Maybe they are timing their run. If they can kick it up a notch then who knows.

Panthers are playing some great football. We have had injuries, but Api & the halves have played most games. If we lose Api or Cleary we might be in some trouble. I think there is still improvement left in the team, but inexperience is a worry. Whatever happens, this year has been a hell of a ride & I've loved every minute of it.

Raiders could make a run for 4th with the fall of the Roosters. If they can do that I wouldn't write them off. Last year will have made them hungry & hardened if they can make the GF Sticky will have them ready to go.

Pretty much this. I expect we will go out in straight sets...Just enjoying the ride while I can

Nat Butcher would start at AT LEAST TWO other NRL clubs and FIVE OR SIX ESL CLUBS.

And the Roosters have him on THE BENCH!!!

HOW MUCH MORE EVIDENCE DO YOU NEED???

By two other clubs, you mean the bottom two? He’d be a bench warmer everywhere else. That’s pretty pissy evidence, you have there.

footy75

Bench
If Roosters can somehow jag 4th spot and get the extra rest and get their troops all back I suspect they will win it. Otherwise Melbourne will tear through the finals.

The_Frog

First Grade
With the Roosters broken the two best sides currently are those coming 1st and 2nd, surprisingly enough. 8 straight wins apiece. We're a long way out though. Panthers have time on their side. If not this year, then next. Teams will be fighting to lose to us in the GF for the next 5 years.

The_Frog

First Grade
As has been stated before, if a player wants more money elsewhere than the Roosters, he's let go. Recent examples include: Lattrell, Matterson, Blake Ferguson, Jennings, Kane Evans, Napa, Tetevano, Momorovski, Connor Watson, Pearce, Guerra
Pearce definitely wasn't about money. He was the half and the club bought Cronk. What do you think he'd do?

Generalzod

Immortal
View attachment 40963
To be honest, it wouldnt surprise me if they were caught cheating the system again... i mean, its not beyond them... they are the sort of arrogant f**ks that would continue to cheat all for the glorification of being "number 1"
theres a reason they are sponsored by Grilled... cause the integrity unit constantly grills them over whether or not they are cheating...
Grilled hardly go into the joint now that their sponsoring the scum..

Latest posts