What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Dean Young

grouch

First Grade
Dean Young should definitely not be given the job.

but

He's no McGregor.
For starters, he's experienced actual success with the 2010 premiership.
He didn't white ant the head coach to steal his job.
He doesn't give interviews talking about me me me despite only being an assistant.
And fighting back from the adversity in his playing career showed him to be a mentally tough, courageous individual and a true leader.

Doesn't deserve the hate yet. I love him. But yeah, don't give him the job pls

Walpole

Juniors

but

He's no McGregor.
He doesn't give interviews talking about me me me despite only being an assistant.
And fighting back from the adversity in his playing career showed him to be a mentally tough, courageous individual and a true leader.

This is how we should think of him - a premiership winner with the Dragons who always put in.

No need to spoil that legacy by making him coach for the next six years.

Old Timer

Coach
Young should be allowed to get on with the job of getting through to the end of the season with no angst from the fan base.

Him being head coach is not by his own doing and as we decided to have an assistant in Flanno that is not eligible to coach we doubled down on the problem at hand as most likely the BOD saw career coach getting through to the end of 2021.

I wish Dean well and thank him for taking on the "no win" task of babysitting the mess created by others and I seriously hope that he is in the running to be assistant coach at either our club or another club if he decides to broaden his knowledge base before throwing his hat into the ring for a NRL coaching gig.

Hopefully he takes note of Fitzgibbon and Ryles who retired long before him in respect of what is needed to get the requisite skills to embark on the perilous road of being a NRL coach.

If you pick that prick Norman though the "Young is Dung" banner will come out pretty quickly.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I wish Deano all the best and already he’s a massive improvement on the former Peanut.
I’d be happy for him to revert back to an assistant role next year under someone from outside with experience.
Who the f**k that is will be a mystery as many seem to have been ruled out by the media viruses.

possm

Coach

but

He's no McGregor.

Dean Young did not need to white ant Mary because his father did all the work at Board level. Of course, it is just a coincidence that Dean takes over as interim head coach and that it is timed when the Dragons face 3 consecutive easy games at the start of his appointment.

Unless some sanity is found very soon, the Board will appoint Young as head coach on a 3-year deal and Millward to the newly created job of Director of Football.

Old Timer

Coach
Dean Young did not need to white ant Mary because his father did all the work at Board level. Of course, it is just a coincidence that Dean takes over as interim head coach and that it is timed when the Dragons face 3 consecutive easy games at the start of his appointment.

Unless some sanity is found very soon, the Board will appoint Young as head coach on a 3-year deal and Millward to the newly created job of Director of Football.
C’mon possm the truth is patently obvious that Mc Gregor white anted himself and needed no assistance from anyone let alone Albert.

His results were shit and after the protection of the media started to wane it was a matter of time.

Our new CEO who to date has been unfairly maligned took the bit between his teeth and expertly managed career coach out the door.

Webb was very clear in his choice of words re where to from here and I fully expect that a wise and considered choice of head coach will be made and it won’t be Dean Young.

Re your allegation about Albert doing the white anting at board level no doubt there was a lot of angst between the St George and Illawarra sides of the board re the coach so it’s a pity that any such white anting didn’t get the desired result earlier.

46% overall and much less than that in recent times didn’t require that much white anting all said and done.

Banjo2014

Juniors
What a great story - Ivan Cleary coaching his son Nathan at the Panthers.

Not a great story but Albert's son Dean coaching the Dragons (interim)

But what a story of a down and out Coach (Shane Flanagan) coming from the ashes to coach his son Kyle at the Mighty Mighty Dragons.

Otherwise if I was the board I would be lined up outside Craig Fitzgibbon's door - promising that they would build a center of excellence at Helensburg (half way between the Gong and Carlton)

The Burg 39 kilometers from Kogarah Oval and 35 kilometers from WIN Stadium.

That's all I have to say about that

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Somehow I dont think Dean is in the frame. He already knows he has no experience and if he was appointed, the scrutiny of every loss would be attributed to his appointment as being nepotistic.

A taste now may inspire him to seek experience elsewhere, if, of course, he has HC aspirations. He just has to look around and most of the current HC's have done just this.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Somehow I dont think Dean is in the frame. He already knows he has no experience and if he was appointed, the scrutiny of every loss would be attributed to his appointment as being nepotistic.

A taste now may inspire him to seek experience elsewhere, if, of course, he has HC aspirations. He just has to look around and most of the current HC's have done just this.

I wouldn’t be surprised if DY is made head coach. I’m used to the idiotic decisions this team has made year in and year out.