What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Gareth67

First Grade
I am not saying that Bennett is the best man for the job , but he is one of the better coaches going around - although his star has waned somewhat over the last couple of seasons . So whatever ‘ handshake deal ‘ was done should not get in the way of the Dragons recovery and hopefully future success .

The point that I am attempting to make in my long winded fashion is that the Dragons need to forget about the past - it’s history now , they simply need to select the best man for the job whether that be Bennett or Fitzgibbon or the man in the moon . Perhaps task may be a better word to use as we will require an individual who can mentor the younger players and also has the ability of galvanizing the team into a confident , never say die unit .

There are many coaches who cannot do this , instead they go and buy their teams gleaming with superstars who will deliver the goods for their coach . Here at the Dragons we do not have an open cheque book , nor for that matter a benefactor who will do his all to ensure the teams success .

Knowing this the successful candidate WILL UNDOUBTEDLY BE the coach who processes all of the above qualities .

WILL . . . I hear you ask ? Because I have absolute faith in the St.George Illawarra board . :thinking:

Last edited:

BIG RIG

Juniors
Just saw a telegraph article behind a paywall stating that St George have secured the signature of one of the brightest young halves in the comp

Is it Sailor ?

BIG RIG

Juniors
Don’t worry just saw it - says we have re-signed 18 yr old Illawarra Steelers SG ball half Junior Amone on a 3 yr deal

Has anyone seen much of this kid ?

Said he was Sullivan’s halves partner for Steelers

BIG RIG

Juniors
Also have heard the Christian Welch is reportedly more likely to stay with the Storm

Dragons to turn their attention to James Tamou or Hull FC prop Liam Watts who is considered one of the best props in the English Super League

redv13

Bench
Also have heard the Christian Welch is reportedly more likely to stay with the Storm

Dragons to turn their attention to James Tamou or Hull FC prop Liam Watts who is considered one of the best props in the English Super League
I’ll take Tamou for 2 years, big body to help out Vaughan whilst Kerr, Lawrie and Blacker come through. People might disagree with Tamou but it sure as hell beats K Sims and Merrin. Chase Asiata too from the cows, great ball playing lock and play JDB up front if that drama sorts itself out

Gareth67

First Grade

Excerpt from the English Sun newspaper dated March 2020 - ‘ Liam Watts has recently established his own real estate company as he prepares for retirement from the game . ‘ I doubt very much indeed if he would be interested at this late stage ( 31 yrs of age ) of his career to come to the struggling Dragons .

It has me worried that if I can discover this information then why cannot our recruitment ?
It would appear that not only have they not completed their homework , but it’s business as usual with the same lack of due diligence.

J.V. board to Dragons recruitment - “ Toss a coin in the air fellas - it’s bound to come up tails eventually ! “

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Tamou, looks like Tarzan, PLAYS LIKE JANE.
NO, NO, NO!!!!

Agree B&B , has always lacked that - ‘fight fire with fire’ quality . Also the man is no spring chicken , the Dragons need tough young blokes - in saying that I liked what I saw of Kade Ellis ( the former Panther ) tonight , the man has been made out of the right mold.

Last edited:

Inisai Toga

Juniors

Go the Pom if he’s any good!

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Yes Como the Dragons need to move quick on Ellis as the man certainly has the work ethic that the team requires at this the rebuilding stage .

Perhaps the new coach sees the same and will have a word in recruitments ear so as they can kick-start the necessary paperwork.
Vaughan getting suspended was a blessing in disguise as Ellis got a nice little run. Good for him and us. It made it worth his while coming over because he’s already added a couple of games to his fg tally and given us and other clubs a glimpse into what a full pre season and CC comp would do for him.

Gareth67

First Grade
Vaughan getting suspended was a blessing in disguise as Ellis got a nice little run. Good for him and us. It made it worth his while coming over because he’s already added a couple of games to his fg tally and given us and other clubs a glimpse into what a full pre season and CC comp would do for him.

Agree F.Cr. it is good for the man himself to get these matches under his belt and also from a coaches perspective to be able to evaluate whether or not he would be a worthwhile addition to the forward pack .

Far better than languishing in the C.C grade under the former coach that’s for sure .

Dragonslayer

First Grade
JAC has again stated he wants back to Sydney.
But his preference is to play fullback the position he played as a junior and in the U20's.

Mmmm, how many teams require a fullback as of now (in Sydney)?

Latest posts