What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Lawrie

possm

Coach
Lawrie is like Aitken. Can run hard and straight and can effect a head on tackle really well. Both players struggle to beat a player in front of them and step into a hole. Both do not pass the ball.

I think Millward extended Lawries contract until the end of 2022 so he is one of the untouchables. All we can hope for is that the club appoints a good and experienced forwards coach to school our young props in the skills of bending the line, offloading the ball and crunching the opposition in defence.

denis preston

First Grade
He’s a good defender, puts a lot of kick pressure on. Props take a fair while to mature. He’s not bowling people over or anything but I think he’s building nicely.
Fair enough Forbes. For Lawrie to be effective he has to work on having a real big motor and ( out of his control i know ) have some big boppers in the pack so his style can compliment them. Like all players in our side , we don't know how far they can improve with a real coach over them so hopefully we will see that next season.Tonights game showed we arn't as bad as we all thought.

slippery5

Juniors
Did someone mention Kane Evans?
1.He cannot bend his back & hit,
2. When he does put defence on the ground, they get to their feet before him leaving the defence short.
3. Runs straight & SLOW.
4. Couldn't bust a grape, let alone a tackle.

Sorry for being so negative, but can we get a fast hard running player that can bust tackles & offload. Brown showed him how someone of his statue should play.

The Friz

Juniors
He’s a plodder and not a top 30 player. The fact that he starts for us while Melbourne have Tino and NAS on the bench says where we are at. We must have higher standards than Blake Lawrie is we are going to be a serious contender moving forward.

redv13

Bench
Lawrie is just a whipping boy for most ppl on here. Tonight he was great again leading the pack in run meters and usually pulls off 35-40 tackles too. He’s up to around 50 mins a game and he was the best prop on ground tonight. Keep it up blocker!!

Kylez3

Juniors
Lawrie should be a bench prop, I think most people on here can agree on that.

Yes he made some metres tonight but he did take 20 runs.

redv13

Bench
Lawrie should be a bench prop, I think most people on here can agree on that.

Yes he made some metres tonight but he did take 20 runs.
My point exactly. 20 hit ups, the most of all the forwards for both sides. Not saying the kid is origin material but to say he isn’t top 30 material and a plodder is a tad harsh. I think he is coming along quite well considering he is 23 yrs old with 50 games under his belt

Latest posts