What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd14: Parra v Dragons GAME DAY thread (14/8/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He doesn't break enough tackles to run as much as he did tonight. Anyway I'm not blaming Gutherson so much as his team mates. He's a bit of a hog but you can't fault his effort. Some of his mates should've put themselves in a better position to receive the ball. At least Sivo had more of a go than in previous weeks.

eels_fan

First Grade
Sivo needs a spell. His intent, his commitment, his desire is just not there.

Dylan also looks tired and his options reflected that tonight.

we are not winning next week vs storm, so I’d take the chance to give a couple of guys a spell for the week so they can get their heads right, bodies right for the final 5 weeks and finals.

Dunster for Sivo, Field for Dylan, Taka for Waqa, Davey for Lane. Id also give Paulo the week off if his ankle is even slightly crook when he cools down. If we had a backup hooker i’d give Mahoney a week off too.

lucablight

First Grade
He doesn't break enough tackles to run as much as he did tonight. Anyway I'm not blaming Gutherson so much as his team mates. He's a bit of a hog but you can't fault his effort. Some of his mates should've put themselves in a better position to receive the ball. At least Sivo had more of a go than in previous weeks.
Gutherson is pretty good at quick scoots out of dummy half off quick play the balls. He would have made a lot of those runs coming out of our own end to help the forwards out. I can’t place any blame on him for tonight’s result. I find it bizarre that anyone could even call it a factor. Latrell Mitchell gets criticised for not doing the exact same thing.

lucablight

First Grade
Sivo needs a spell. His intent, his commitment, his desire is just not there.

Dylan also looks tired and his options reflected that tonight.

we are not winning next week vs storm, so I’d take the chance to give a couple of guys a spell for the week so they can get their heads right, bodies right for the final 5 weeks and finals.

Dunster for Sivo, Field for Dylan, Taka for Waqa, Davey for Lane. Id also give Paulo the week off if his ankle is even slightly crook when he cools down. If we had a backup hooker i’d give Mahoney a week off too.
We should just forfeit the comp since we aren’t winning it while the Storm are in it.

IFR33K

Coach

His work ethic is second to none, but he does seem to overplay his hand a little pressing the opposition’s try line. He does try too often to take them on himself. Also whenever he receives an off load, he tends to be content just to cart it up. He’ll always have a high work rate and great all run meters.

Noise

Coach
Their distinction between normal runs and hit ups is unreliable. I saw Gutherson take plenty of runs one off the dummy half. I felt like I spent the whole game yelling at the TV to make Gutherson give it to someone better. He made nearly double the runs of the next highest contributors.
Lol you always say champion data have the most reliable stats...until this one time where they don’t suit. Gutho had 14 kick returns, 3 dummy half runs and 1 run where he scored a try. Which of the remaining runs screwed up our attack?

hindy111

Post Whore
I've stated this for 5yrs. BA coached sides do not improve as the season goes on. I don't feel we are any better then how we where in opening rounds.
It still may be good enough to win the title with high intensity and a bit of luck.
But we are not blowing sides away like Storm or Roosters are capable of.

My worry with side is it looks a bit slow. Sivo is like a draught horse. Fergo has high top end but slow acceleration. MJ best is gone, Gutherson is average speed and not zippy.
Blake has the only speed. His acceleration isn't elite but good enough.

SIVO - Can't take a bomb and his defensive reads are rubbish.

GUTH - Should of stopped one of the tries. I get drilled for this but his defense is not great. Even Bevan stop the try due to his speed he gets there a bit earlier and creates a collision quicker to knock over sideline.

We need another explosive style player in backline. Its a bunch of Bruts who lack line break ability. MJ maybe for another year was fine. I still think him and Fergo needed to be moved on at end of year.

Hopefully something is coming through and forces the issue.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
There was was doom but it’s not all gloom!!

bring on the storm !! Good challenge for the boys !

Rock up sivo / Blake. Line speed back to normal and a few twigs to our attack and we will be back.

1) One out crap inside our own half;
2) Boring, predictable crap inside the opposition 20;
3) Sivo needs to go, Blake needs to go, N. Brown is close, as is Jennings (but you can't drop too many at once) - play Dunster and Taka in the 3/4s next week.

We still have, I think, the best forward pack in the comp. We kill the total metres gained every week. The problem is, we offer nothing but hard running. No multiple lines, no choices for the defensive line, no deception with the ball, no unexpected movements wide, and we've basically stopped the offloads (which were our greatest threat).

Still got heaps of talent, but we've become boring and predictable. And we're getting what we deserve.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Gutherson's try last night was beautiful footy - forwards running angled lines, and other forwards crashing back into the ruck at speed...

Why did we stop drinking from that well after Gutherson scored?

Once Gutherson scored, it's my belief that the team thought, "Yep, we got dis," and played accordingly.

The Dragons showed what desire, and guts, will do; it will force you into a competitive performance.

Soto

Bench
3) Sivo needs to go, Blake needs to go, N. Brown is close, as is Jennings (but you can't drop too many at once) - play Dunster and Taka in the 3/4s next week.

We still have, I think, the best forward pack in the comp. We kill the total metres gained every week. The problem is, we offer nothing but hard running. No multiple lines, no choices for the defensive line, no deception with the ball, no unexpected movements wide, and we've basically stopped the offloads (which were our greatest threat).

Still got heaps of talent, but we've become boring and predictable. And we're getting what we deserve.
N Brown is fine just too many hitups sometimes which nullifies his effectiveness
Jennings is fine for now..he is starting to slip but still quality
Junior, Evans and N Brown can all ball play or offload...no issue there.
Sivo is hesitant in many aspects especially putting his foot down in open spaces, defense and contesting the bomb. Probably does need a spell.
Moses needs to take full control of the attack..it looks clunky and out of sorts.

Kornstar

Coach
The Dragons were quite ordinary to be honest, we just didn’t want it at all.

Their intensity better increase significantly next week cause the Storm won’t dish up the same garbage the Dragons dishes up last night.

A really good chance for us to get the obligatory yearly 50 point thrashing next week.......

Gutherson's try last night was beautiful footy - forwards running angled lines, and other forwards crashing back into the ruck at speed...

Why did we stop drinking from that well after Gutherson scored?

Once Gutherson scored, it's my belief that the team thought, "Yep, we got dis," and played accordingly.

The Dragons showed what desire, and guts, will do; it will force you into a competitive performance.

Because the team is mentally weak.

Nathan Brown? Really thought he was great again yesterday. Agree Sivo needs a wake up call and needs to be dropped. He’s believing his own hype. Needs a “rest”

Oscarman

Juniors
NRL be very happy with that. Wont finish top 2 now and keeps Roosters and Canberra close enough to catch us. Could almost say it was scripted.

Status
Not open for further replies.