What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Dean Young

mickeylane

Bench
Dean Young has the opportunity to showcase some creative coaching skills in the remaining 6 games...if i was him id introduce some trick shots in our game...f**king nothing to lose...show some balls and also team up Sailor w Clune in the halves for the rest of season..

I would be reintroducing :
- The Mouse Trap near the oppositions line - I would actually do a back to back mousetrap one tackle after the other (unconventionality at its best)

- Early tackle short or long kicks for Dufty if opposition fullback is up in the line

- Short kick offs after we get scored on

- Re introduce the double wrap around that we used to execute so well w Darius at FB for Matt Cooper to score running straight and hard but this time Dufty to execute and Aitken to score - the merkin runs as straigh and hard as Cooper

- And finally why not bring back the Wedge lol!! - I'm certain if we have Sims, Tyson, Vaughan, Mciness, Aitken pushing Kerr near the line he scores....

C'mon Young grow some balls and try something different - your a 100/1 to land the job...dont die wondering !

denis preston

First Grade
Dean Young has the opportunity to showcase some creative coaching skills in the remaining 6 games...if i was him id introduce some trick shots in our game...f**king nothing to lose...show some balls and also team up Sailor w Clune in the halves for the rest of season..

I would be reintroducing :
- The Mouse Trap near the oppositions line - I would actually do a back to back mousetrap one tackle after the other (unconventionality at its best)

- Early tackle short or long kicks for Dufty if opposition fullback is up in the line

- Short kick offs after we get scored on

- Re introduce the double wrap around that we used to execute so well w Darius at FB for Matt Cooper to score running straight and hard but this time Dufty to execute and Aitken to score - the merkin runs as straigh and hard as Cooper

- And finally why not bring back the Wedge lol!! - I'm certain if we have Sims, Tyson, Vaughan, Mciness, Aitken pushing Kerr near the line he scores....

C'mon Young grow some balls and try something different - your a 100/1 to land the job...dont die wondering !
A retro game plan is better than before , it is at least a plan !

pinkmoon

Juniors
Dean Young approached the players today with an outline for what he wants for the remainder of the year.

He is quoted as telling Korbin Sims to "run hard" and that "we'll play off the back of it".

Some serious coaching happening here :joy:

Innovation at its apex.

boardlumps62

Juniors
To be fair to the club, it has not been said that he will get the job.

I agree it would be tragic to hate Deano as a headcoach.

Imagine this scenario in the alternative: Bennett comes back with Ben Hornby and eventually he becomes head coach; sounds very Dragons to me...
That might be ok but can Demetriou come too. Then we have Bennett Football Manager, Demetriou Head Coach and Hornby (an ex school teacher ?) assistant. Bennett trains Demo and he trains Hornby who may take an overseas appoint then come back when Bennett goes to a Retirement Village or passes on ( bit harsh).
Sorry we are already a retirement home for ex-players.

George Sancti

Juniors
There have been some notable school teacher - rugby league coaches....Warren Ryan, Brian Smith, Roy Masters and all made a GF appearance. I would like to see Hornby emulate/better their achievements.

possm

Coach
The worry is that Young is also getting praise from Bennett and Laurie Daley. Daley claims he was in awe of Young's communication skills with the Tongan team (sign language?).

Be afraid- be very afraid.
So, what does this mean? Bennett as head coach with Daley and Young as assitants.

SBD82

Coach
There have been some notable school teacher - rugby league coaches....Warren Ryan, Brian Smith, Roy Masters and all made a GF appearance. I would like to see Hornby emulate/better their achievements.
You can add Hasler to that list.

Did John Jansen ever coach?