What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd14 2020 Non Parra games

TheParraboy

Staff member
Storm surely lose 2 points???

COME ON WARRIORS !!!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...o/news-story/55ec73ea4f90271afc0f65d70fe70b7e

Melbourne is being investigated and could be fined for fielding 14 players on the field for a short time during Thursday’s win over the Roosters.

The Sydney Morning Herald revealed Storm winger Suliasi Vunivalu helped make a defensive play which prevented the Chooks from scoring a try midway through the second half.

Vunivalu was injured in the 60th minute and was substituted off the field, replaced by Nicho Hynes.

But when the Roosters restarted play and looked like making a break down their left flank, the injured Vunivalu came back into the field of play to stand in the defensive line and help thwart the attack, with 14 Storm players in play.

Tooooks

Bench
Storm surely lose 2 points???

COME ON WARRIORS !!!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...o/news-story/55ec73ea4f90271afc0f65d70fe70b7e

Melbourne is being investigated and could be fined for fielding 14 players on the field for a short time during Thursday’s win over the Roosters.

The Sydney Morning Herald revealed Storm winger Suliasi Vunivalu helped make a defensive play which prevented the Chooks from scoring a try midway through the second half.

Vunivalu was injured in the 60th minute and was substituted off the field, replaced by Nicho Hynes.

But when the Roosters restarted play and looked like making a break down their left flank, the injured Vunivalu came back into the field of play to stand in the defensive line and help thwart the attack, with 14 Storm players in play.

Surely that has to be a points deduction.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Has an attacking player ever been penalised for a shoulder charge? I'd guess no

I recall one player being penalised, many years ago - I want to say it was Danny Nutley, or Jason Stevens...I remember it was a Sharks forward.

Chris Beattie, maybe?

I can't remember.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Johnson seems to think the bite stays on the field, a non issue

James Graham got 12 weeks for biting Slaters ear

Johnson seems to think the bite stays on the field, a non issue

James Graham got 12 weeks for biting Slaters ear
I kinda agree. Biting someone on the ear is a merkin act that could have serious consequences. Biting on the forearm not so much. And if they already got sent off that's a decent punishment, depending on the circumstances. And with trips being just a fine now, is a bite on the arm much worse?

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I kinda agree. Biting someone on the ear is a merkin act that could have serious consequences. Biting on the forearm not so much. And if they already got sent off that's a decent punishment, depending on the circumstances. And with trips being just a fine now, is a bite on the arm much worse?
You think the NRL are going to let that precedent to be set? And trips aren't always just a fine. Jackson Ford got 2 weeks I believe.

TheParraboy

Staff member
He’s looking after his mate. It shouldn’t matter, he made the allegation to the ref, it’s on video....Proctor has to get 8 weeks.

Oh yeah, Johnson was very filthy when it happened

then roses and daffodils after the game lol

8 weeks seems about right, even Big Mal is saying it is hard to defend

TheParraboy

Staff member

Probably not

Though you don't want a precedent set where blokes are biting guys on the arm with 5-10 min to go and game (result of it) is well over,, knowing there is no real ramifications for the bite

Count Dracula comp :p

You think the NRL are going to let that precedent to be set? And trips aren't always just a fine. Jackson Ford got 2 weeks I believe.
No. I expect he'll get whatever the rules currently specify, or thereabouts. Just saying it seems out of line now with tripping. And isn't nearly as bad as biting someone on the ear. Or balls.

Latest posts