What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Don't sack Seibold

President Trump

Juniors
A big part of the problem is the arrogance and entitlement in the Broncos culture - they were successful for so long that the players have always walked around Brisbane like their shit doesn't stink and expected everyone to bow down before them, which is why they could get away with shocking behaviour in the pubs and the media used to cover it up.

King hit

Coach
A big part of the problem is the arrogance and entitlement in the Broncos culture - they were successful for so long that the players have always walked around Brisbane like their shit doesn't stink and expected everyone to bow down before them, which is why they could get away with shocking behaviour in the pubs and the media used to cover it up.
I remember back in 2010 when Alan Langer was in trouble for getting his gear off and dancing on a table. I didn’t know anyone who was offended or anything but the courier mail were going on about how Alfie is just a bit of a character and it’s all good. I know if it was someone from other clubs they would’ve been getting stuck in about it.

Mr Spock!

Referee
I remember back in 2010 when Alan Langer was in trouble for getting his gear off and dancing on a table. I didn’t know anyone who was offended or anything but the courier mail were going on about how Alfie is just a bit of a character and it’s all good. I know if it was someone from other clubs they would’ve been getting stuck in about it.
news corp was a broncos benefactor.

Whip Whitaker

Juniors

They still do. They just don't get away with it as much while losing footy games.

undertaker

Coach

And it's about time the NRL started to crack down on trainers unnecessarily being on the field in backplay. Yes, I'm speaking of Alfie.

Trainers should only be there for injuries or stoppages in play, not acting like the 14th player in the side.

undertaker

Coach

Not to mention the massive leg up they've got from Channel 9 management since 2 Friday night matches per round became regular from 2007 onwards. The disproportionate amount of FTA matches (and sponsorship exposure) they've had since 2007 is a joke.

Exsilium

First Grade
To be honest, I can’t laugh at the Broncos players anymore. They’re being led by a fool, in an organisation that has failed to undertake due diligence which would have prevented this level of collapse.

So many poor decisions yet it seems no one is accountable (yet).

It’s a long road back but geez, heads have got to roll.

some11

Referee
Broncos head office probably still thinks their shit don't stink.

The chairman came out this week and said he doesn't think there's a culture problem lol. Mate look around, the joint is on fire.

I know it’s not the only thing in play with this velvety rich turd soufflé at Brisbane but Uncle Wayne really does seem to “salt the earth” on the way out of a coaching role hey?

Darius is a breathing pillar of salt which should’ve retired 8 years ago before embarrassing himself the way he is.

If the Bronco’s take the spoon, I will feel like this season wasn’t a total waste.

_Johnsy

Referee

The chairman came out this week and said he doesn't think there's a culture problem lol. Mate look around, the joint is on fire.
He's the one holding the petrol can.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Not to mention the massive leg up they've got from Channel 9 management since 2 Friday night matches per round became regular from 2007 onwards. The disproportionate amount of FTA matches (and sponsorship exposure) they've had since 2007 is a joke.
The regular long turn around every week is a massive leg up, for an athlete at this level an extra 24-48 hrs more recovery time than your opponents is gold. Definitely worth more than a couple of wins a year.

big hit!

Bench
I'd like to know what happened between Rd 2 when they were 2-0 in mid-march, and the resumption of the comp on May 28.

I wouldn't surprised if more than a few of these entitled snotty nosed 'prodigies' treated the break as a bit of a paid holiday. Surely a club such as the broncos set their players up with an olympic bar, some plates, and devs and co gave them a strength and conditioning program to adhere to during hiatus. It's was up to the players to execute it!

In reality though, they just don't have cattle with resilience. Physical ability is one thing, but they've got a bunch of blokes in that squad who won't do the simple things that don't pad their stats. I suppose it's the difference between having smith and finucane or boyd and milford as your leaders. In particular, it's important to have middles that set the standard.

Last edited:

SLRBRONCOS

Referee

I won’t put my thoughts of Ord Minnett to paper but I am totally not shocked.

betcats

Referee

He is part of the problem then.

Seibolds stint at the broncos is a case study who to ruin an nrl club.

1. Get the coaching job under dubious circumstances.
2. Turf out all your experienced and hardest working players asap so you can promote teenagers into the starting side.
3. Hold no one accountable for anything, especially your high paid players who are phoning it in.
4. Alienate the former players who actually were part of making the club great in the first place.
5. Use every excuse under the sun rather than having an honest look at the issues.
6. Get flogged by 50 points numerous times and only drop wingers.
7. Make a bloke who probably should be in jail captain. A guy who has achieved nothing in the game, nothing at all.

Mr Spock!

Referee

Broncos head office
05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg

Latest posts