What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player swap Norman for Widdop

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Normans game last night was fascinating to watch.

Wasn't it Mary who said on Thursday he wanted Norman dropped 'weeks ago'. Normans first half was like no way I'm sending this clown out a winner. His turnstile defensive efforts and that kick to find touch sort of showed that. A protest of sorts.
Second half he was much better (but off a veey low base mind you). Ran the ball, some good kicks and passes.

Now Mary is gone, I'm now curious of how he plays over the coming weeks.

The sample size is Norman's whole career at a range of clubs under a range of coaches, not the odd game here and there. He couldn't give a shit most of the time, and on the rare occassions where he looks like he gives a shit he's pretty good at best.

He's not a player who's going to win us a comp in his position, and that always has to be a factor in recruitment and retention. Or it should be. Obviously, when Millward's in charge the basis of the strategy is different. In that case the factors are "will he come here without me having to do much to make it happen" and/or "is he cheap".

Gareth67

First Grade
Its a complete mess , so it shows , The coach can't coach if you are having a panel making selections for him ..... The coach who ever it is should be making the selections .....

Hazz the selection panel was put in place to help Mary , I am quite sure that it shall be gone come 2021 as the new coach will insist that he and he alone shall make team selections - if he is worth his salt.

The calm one

Juniors
Tell Norman he has six weeks to perform or reserve grade next year or sort his own transfer

no more first grade forever

Personally I’d prefer giving a young one a go
He is in 850K a season. I don't think he will loose sleep if he plays reserve grade

possm

Coach
Tell Norman he has six weeks to perform or reserve grade next year or sort his own transfer

no more first grade forever

Personally I’d prefer giving a young one a go
Why give Norman 6 weeks, in my opinion, testing someone else at 6 would be more valuable to the Club. We already know what we get from Norman.

Latest posts