What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 Vs Broncos

ALSGI

Bench
Norman actually played well on Friday night but as others have said it’s time to see more of Sailor unless the club don’t think he’ll be with us in ‘21.

With Vaughan and Tariq back it’s going to be a tough call as there wasn’t a bad forward out there against the eels in fact all were very good.

Aitken and Friz gone next year, I’d rest them both especially against the Ponies.
Sailor to 6, Norman to 3?

The Badger

Juniors
Norman actually played well on Friday night but as others have said it’s time to see more of Sailor unless the club don’t think he’ll be with us in ‘21.

With Vaughan and Tariq back it’s going to be a tough call as there wasn’t a bad forward out there against the eels in fact all were very good.

Aitken and Friz gone next year, I’d rest them both especially against the Ponies.
Sailor to 6, Norman to 3?
Sailor definitely needs to play 6 and drop Norman.Norman looks weak and doesnt threaten the defence.Cannot understand why Clune is not playing on the right to feed Lomax and Ravalawa .Imagine what it would be like those 2 getting double quality ball from a running Clune.Clune is wasted feeding Fui and Aitken.Host should be in run on side.He is the best hole runner in team other than Lomax.He showed that in a game last year but no one took notice.I would also have him on right side because Frizz jars the attack from getting to Lomax and Rav.If Frizz was on the left at least he and Atken are pretty good steamrollers so would stretch the defence to the left and open up the right for Lomax and Rav.

BIG RIG

Juniors
This would be the Team I would select this week

1.Matt Dufty
2.Jordan Periera
3.Zac Lomax
4.Euan Aitken
5.Mikaele Ravalawa
6.Tristan Sailor
7.Adam Clune
8.Blake Lawrie
9.Ben Hunt
10.Paul Vaughan
11.Tyson Frizell
12.Jacob Host
13.Cameron McInnes ( C )
BENCH
14.Corey Norman
15.Josh Kerr
16.Kaide Ellis
17.Korbin Sims

And I have very high expectations this week - I hoping that the team score 30+ points and boost their for and against

redv13

Bench

1.Matt Dufty
2.Jordan Periera
3.Zac Lomax
4.Euan Aitken
5.Mikaele Ravalawa
6.Tristan Sailor
7.Adam Clune
8.Blake Lawrie
9.Ben Hunt
10.Paul Vaughan
11.Tyson Frizell
12.Jacob Host
13.Cameron McInnes ( C )
BENCH
14.Corey Norman
15.Josh Kerr
16.Kaide Ellis
17.Korbin Sims

And I have very high expectations this week - I hoping that the team score 30+ points and boost their for and against
How about one of the Feagai brothers for Euan

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Tuesdays team list will be interesting, but I dont foresee to many if any changes, besides Fui who maybe suspended, if so, it would be Hosty to edge and maybe Blacker could come onto the bench, however, i think that bench spot will somehow go to Brittain.

Brutalitops

Juniors
If we are behind on the scoreboard at anytime against this bunch of rat-fu(ked chewies Young should be rissoled on the spot.

Even if the Drongos kick a penalty goal in the first minute, the felch-pot should be evicted form the stadium immediately.
Bit over the top. Broncos have started decently a number of times lately. Remember they led at half time against the Raiders. Hell they were barely trailing Storm a couple weeks ago

No excuses for a loss at full time though. They've been diabolical in the second half

be55

Juniors
One change I would definitely be making is moving Kerr back to the bench... I've seen plenty of Kerr last year especially and his fitness levels were always a massive concern for me I went to a Canterbury Cup game last year at Leichhardt and watched him closely and he was gassed after a few minutes of play...he has definitely improved out of sight this year and I've really liked what I've seen from him but he barely made the fifteen minute mark on Friday night before he was interchanged...I really feel at the moment he is best coming off the bench as an impact player when the sting comes out of the game... I'm sure judging by his improvement this year from last and with continued improvement in the off season maybe next year he could start the game but for now I think a bench spot as an impact player is a best fit for him and the team...

Last edited:

Crush

Coach

1.Matt Dufty
2.Jordan Periera
3.Zac Lomax
4.Euan Aitken
5.Mikaele Ravalawa
6.Tristan Sailor
7.Adam Clune
8.Blake Lawrie
9.Ben Hunt
10.Paul Vaughan
11.Tyson Frizell
12.Jacob Host
13.Cameron McInnes ( C )
BENCH
14.Corey Norman
15.Josh Kerr
16.Kaide Ellis
17.Korbin Sims

Hey BIG RED, how would you use Norman off the bench? Is he just there for cover?
I hope now that Mary is gone we go with 4 forwards off the bench, I dont see the point of carrying a back, never have.

George Sancti

Juniors
Whilst we remain a very, very faint hope of qualifying for the finals, I would like to see our best available team selected. Should we encounter one more loss (and it appears we have avoided the wooden spoon), I would place all players who are leaving the club on a permanent reserve list, only to be used in an emergency.

Some of our fringe first graders and possibly young up and coming players who are not quite physically ready for a starting position, could be introduced into the 17 and given a trail during the second twenty minutes of each half. This may result in the loss of some games that we would have otherwise won, however, it would be a good indicator for 2021 and may be beneficial to the incoming coach.

be55

Juniors
How about one of the Feagai brothers for Euan
I can't tell you how confident I am that these two kids are future stars in the making...I think they both play on the right side but they both probably have the talent to play either side...I think max plays in the centres and mat on the wing but really they are both that talented you could play them anywhere in the backline...max is a real beast who has great speed footwork and is really elusive... I'd love to see him named for next week at left centre for Aitken who I'll give credit where credit is due has been pretty good this year but as everyone knows still has to learn how to pass the ball... I'd love to see the Feagai brothers given a shot over the remaining 6 rounds because I guarantee you one thing it is only a matter of time before they are both playing first grade and hopefully wearing red and white for many years to come...

Ted bartolo

Juniors

1.Matt Dufty
2.Jordan Periera
3.Zac Lomax
4.Euan Aitken
5.Mikaele Ravalawa
6.Tristan Sailor
7.Adam Clune
8.Blake Lawrie
9.Ben Hunt
10.Paul Vaughan
11.Tyson Frizell
12.Jacob Host
13.Cameron McInnes ( C )
BENCH
14.Corey Norman
15.Josh Kerr
16.Kaide Ellis
17.Korbin Sims

And I have very high expectations this week - I hoping that the team score 30+ points and boost their for and againould to the bench.norman out

1.Matt Dufty
2.Jordan Periera
3.Zac Lomax
4.Euan Aitken
5.Mikaele Ravalawa
6.Tristan Sailor
7.Adam Clune
8.Blake Lawrie
9.Ben Hunt
10.Paul Vaughan
11.Tyson Frizell
12.Jacob Host
13.Cameron McInnes ( C )
BENCH
14.Corey Norman
15.Josh Kerr
16.Kaide Ellis
17.Korbin Sims

And I have very high expectations this week - I hoping that the team score 30+ points and boost their for and against[ Only changes I would make is Aitken to the bench.Norman out.Wiliame in the centres if available

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Dufty
Feagai
Feagai
Lomax
Ravalawa
Sailor
Clune
Ellis
Hunt
Kerr
Host
Frizzel
Mc Innes (C)

Lawrie
Blacker
Fuimaono
Vaughan

Roll the dice and see what you get.
The Feagai's are big enough if good enough.
Norman is a known quantity and just doesn't have it.
Host on the left feeding off Clune is potential +++++
Fuinmaono is definitely not starting quality so lets find out what he really has off the bench.
All the good sides have size off the bench and Blacker is the one in our roster that fits that bill. Pick him for the nest 2 weeks and give him a shot before we declare him Lachlan Timms MK 2.

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
Dufty
Feagai
Feagai
Lomax
Ravalawa
Sailor
Clune
Ellis
Hunt
Kerr
Host
Frizzel
Mc Innes (C)

Lawrie
Blacker
Fuimaono
Vaughan

Roll the dice and see what you get.
The Feagai's are big enough if good enough.
Norman is a known quantity and just doesn't have it.
Host on the left feeding off Clune is potential +++++
Fuinmaono is definitely not starting quality so lets find out what he really has off the bench.
All the good sides have size off the bench and Blacker is the one in our roster that fits that bill. Pick him for the nest 2 weeks and give him a shot before we declare him Lachlan Timms MK 2.

Great team OT.
Just 2 changes worth considering perhaps?

I’d just deploy Ramsay to fullback ASAP.

Duff to 5/8 (most of his great passing emanates from a 5/8 centrefield position anyway).

He’d see more of the ball & use his speed running off Hunt & the forwards

I doubt Sailor will stay - and he does have defensive issues

...& would block a couple of juniors coming through with superior skills.

While our current wingers are OK, they lack the full skill set required at the top level in the current game
....especially height, aerial skills,
great speed & a finesse in positioning, defence, passing & kicking.
So perhaps Schiller will slot into the 17 before the end of the year

Big hearts & strength aren’t a full skillset.

It’s a shame McSacked alienated the likes of Leilua & Timm - as they’d’ve come in handy now

But hey, I’m sure we’ll get there in 2021
- and have a great year!

Last edited: