What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Old Timer

Coach
Lived 11 kms from Sydney city centre for > 30 years and loved it.

Niw retired living in the Hawkesbury 60 kms out and love that too.

I suspect I couldn’t have done it in reverse.

Gareth67

First Grade
your right mate it's not as slow as when we moved up here from sydney some 40 odd years ago

I always remember my old man saying that he had the opportunity to buy a large block of land up at Ocean Beach for 15 pound - yes pounds way back .

They , mum and dad , were on their honeymoon and the old boy was flushed with a bit of dough at that time and could had bought it there and then . However being just married he decided to put the money away for a house .

Over the years he said how he regretted that decision as he often would say “ Oh gaz if only I had bought the bluudy thing our Iives would had been so much easier “ .

The place was a bit of a playground for me when I was a young hoon as I and my mates use to quite often go there on weekends . So I certainly envy your choice jak.

Last edited:
Reactions: jak

Phantom V

Juniors
You wouldn't want to live there though..
Are you one of those sheep that say pluuuunt instead
Penrith lad?
How did you guess? Ok so I was over the top with my comment but I just get peeved with stereotypes especially when it comes to where you choose to live. I’ve only been here a couple of years and it’s definitely not what people portray it to be. My job sees me travelling to most parts of Sydney and I could think of plenty of suburbs that would rate a lot lowers than the foot of the mountains. Still a Saints supporter though, although I do have a soft spot for the Panthers just quietly.

qld redvee

Juniors
F.C.Dr’s . Have recently moved to Tumut and as Crush has said it certainly beats the Sydney rat race , as would Canberra or any place other than the big s
Lived 11 kms from Sydney city centre for > 30 years and loved it.

Niw retired living in the Hawkesbury 60 kms out and love that too.

I suspect I couldn’t have done it in reverse.
Old Timer
50 + years at punchbowl then lifestyle change to Hervey Bay .... no way i could go back to the rat race - only thing is now is no more Kogarah at least I have fox !!!!!!!!!

Crush

Coach
Are you one of those sheep that say pluuuunt instead

How did you guess? Ok so I was over the top with my comment but I just get peeved with stereotypes especially when it comes to where you choose to live. I’ve only been here a couple of years and it’s definitely not what people portray it to be. My job sees me travelling to most parts of Sydney and I could think of plenty of suburbs that would rate a lot lowers than the foot of the mountains. Still a Saints supporter though, although I do have a soft spot for the Panthers just quietly.
Just banter mate.
I live in the Shire, deep in Sharks territory.
But no soft spot for me, I fricken hate them with a passion!

Old Timer

Coach
Old Timer
50 + years at punchbowl then lifestyle change to Hervey Bay .... no way i could go back to the rat race - only thing is now is no more Kogarah at least I have fox !!!!!!!!!
I was born in Herne Bay and have holidayed at Hervey Bay so if that had been arse about I’d have 2 heads and follow the Bronco’s so thank f**k for small mercies and the Domino Hotel.
Not long before you can chase the summer whiting and hopefully 1 day I’ll head back up there and catch a few.

Crush

Coach
I was wondering when someone would start a travel thread
I'd be into that.
Im sure amongst us there are some very colourful travel stories.
I've never been anywhere super out of the ordinary but did spend a week alone on business in Taipei. Funnily enough the locals didn't speak English but the older generation all spoke Japanese. I was living in Japan at the time so I was able to converse in Japanese with anyone over 50.
Great dumplings.

Latest posts