What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who wins the Premiership?

Who wins the Premiership?

• Penrith

Votes: 66 40.2%
  • Storm

Votes: 44 26.8%
  • Eels

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Roosters

Votes: 14 8.5%
  • Raiders

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • Knights

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Rabbits

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • Manly

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Sharks

Votes: 6 3.7%

• Total voters
Peter O'Sullivan of the Melbourne Storm fame is his name, joined the Roosters prior to their 2013 Premiership and finally banned from the NRL. We're still seeing the fruits of his creative work at the Roosters today.

Peter O'Sullivan?! The NZ Warriors Recruitment Manager for the past two seasons. Was he banned for salary cap irregularities? Nope. He was banned for his association with Eddie Heydon. Keep grasping those straws dude.

Legends

Juniors
The cap is 9.6 million

take out 4 development players at 75 K each = 300K

= 9.3 million over 26 players

average salary = 358 K

So how much are JWH, Cordiner, Keary, Tedesco, Manu, Crichton, Radley, Friend, Tupou, etc etc earning?

Are all of these pure souls sacrificing hundreds of thousands of dollars ( each ) for the love of the Roosters? Accepting well below their market value for the love of the club?

So you're 'evidence' of salary cap cheating is that several players earn more than the cap average?

The fact is that if a club provides a positive and successful environment, with coaching that will improve you, many players will stay or join for less than they can get elsewhere? Its the flip side of the basket case clubs having to offer overs.
BTW Tupou (one of your examples above) signed a 4-year extension at $250k/year back in 2017, when he was unwanted elsewhere. Another smart piece of business by the Roosters.

GongPanther

Referee
Not sure if we get the biscuits this year, we're just too young IMO.

We're definitely on the up though, and can see us as a mainstay in the finals for a few seasons, possibly winning one. It just won't be this season.

Storm or Chooks I think - Too much experience at the arse end of a season not to be a massive threat
Exactly my thoughts. I'm privately telling ppl that when Easts and Melbourne get back to full strength, then it's either theirs to win. ATM, we are not putting in 80 minute efforts to be a complete competing unit to match those sides if fit.

Next season is the time when our team will be on a big 4 or 5 year dynasty. If we go beyond my expectations this year, and at least do get into this years GF and not win it, at least it'll be for the experience. But methinks we'll be one game short of the big one.

GongPanther

Referee
Panthers 2014 was worse. Still beat you week 1. :)
Strange how that Panthers 2014 squad didn't get the deserved recognition for that year. Practically a reserve grade side for most of the back end of the season. By the time the semis rolled on, we got a few players back., but to end up 4th spot with the replacements we had during the year was a tremendous effort.

black cat

Juniors
The cap is 9.6 million

take out 4 development players at 75 K each = 300K

= 9.3 million over 26 players

average salary = 358 K

So how much are JWH, Cordiner, Keary, Tedesco, Manu, Crichton, Radley, Friend, Tupou, etc etc earning?

Are all of these pure souls sacrificing hundreds of thousands of dollars ( each ) for the love of the Roosters? Accepting well below their market value for the love of the club?
Believe it or not players do play for less at certain clubs. On NRL tonight they were saying Mitchell took 300k less Per year to play at Souths . I don’t see a problem but hey that’s just me . You can pick the top 7-8 players at any club and throw a value out there that we all think will be overr the cap. They lost Cronk Mitchell and tetevno so probably better Chance being under this year than last. Now if you look at the knights they gotta be over.

black cat

Juniors
For me pennies look good as long as they aren’t like the storm and don’t have another gear to go up. Smokies definitely Souths and parra. 1 of those 4 to win .

If the Panthers stay healthy I can see them not only winning the comp this year but winning multiple premierships this decade with the depth of gun young talent coming through.