What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please Don't sack Seibold

ChocOConnor

Juniors
I am a dragons fan so I can’t really say a lot considering our board but I don’t ever think we have been in such a position

But does anyone know anything about this Karl Morris everytime I see his head it looks like it is still stuck in GPS school scrum and yet knows nothing about running a footy team or club.
Isn’t he the one that wanted old Clint out the door because he wielded too much power around the club

undertaker

Coach
The regular long turn around every week is a massive leg up, for an athlete at this level an extra 24-48 hrs more recovery time than your opponents is gold. Definitely worth more than a couple of wins a year.

Good point you brought up, didn't think much about the scheduling aspect.

Playing nearly every Friday night allows the players to get accustomed to a regular weekly routine compared to the teams that had to contend with short <5 day turn arounds (e.g. those teams who played on Monday night and had to back up on Saturday night

Knight Vision

First Grade
Good point you brought up, didn't think much about the scheduling aspect.

Playing nearly every Friday night allows the players to get accustomed to a regular weekly routine compared to the teams that had to contend with short <5 day turn arounds (e.g. those teams who played on Monday night and had to back up on Saturday night
oh yeh it's huge, as you mentioned coupled with the free to air games and the increased revenue via advertising dollars and the Broncos have always been given a massive leg up to succeed.

So much of a leg up that a very good argument can be made that the favoritism calls into question the integrity of the game.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I am a dragons fan so I can’t really say a lot considering our board but I don’t ever think we have been in such a position

But does anyone know anything about this Karl Morris everytime I see his head it looks like it is still stuck in GPS school scrum and yet knows nothing about running a footy team or club.
Isn’t he the one that wanted old Clint out the door because he wielded too much power around the club
Karl Morris is a huge bible basher and the CEO of Ord Minnett. Fabulous businessman that would be great with financial modelling and operations but IMO I doubt that he understands the fabric of sporting clubs

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Poor bloke wants a cuddle now.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/s...k/news-story/23f11a05c50fc8c586f0cc42709c31b2

Broncos coach Anthony Seibold has revealed no one from the NRL has checked up on him after a number of vile rumours involving Seibold emerged on social media during the week.

Speaking to The Daily Telegraph, an “angry” Seibold admitted no one from the governing body has checked up on him in what’s been a “bloody hard” time for him and his family.

“I feel angry,” Seibold said.

“I thought someone could have reached out.

“Even just a phone call to check in. It’s been bloody hard.

“As a game, are we going to just accept it?”

“I heard Ryan Papenhuyzen talking about some players receiving death threats on social media.

“These are faceless cowards on keyboards hiding behind anonymous accounts. It’s actually sad.

“I’d hate any other coach or player to go through what I have this last week.

“At some point, as a game, we need to take a stand.”

Fox League chief NRL reporter James Hooper says he doesn’t blame Seibold for feeling angry about no support from the governing body.

“You don’t like to see anybody go through what Anthony Seibold has gone through in relation to these social media attacks, these false allegations and the blowtorch he’s had turned on him personally,” Hooper told Big League Wrap.

“You wouldn’t wish that upon your worst enemy. I can understand why he might have wanted someone to pick up the telephone up.”

Seibold is currently self-isolating in his Brisbane home with his family after breaking the bubble last week for a family matter.

He said it’s not fair his family have been dragged into the spotlight through the “disgusting and false messages,” while the hurt the rumours have caused is what made him go to the police.

“It’s not just about me. I understand I’m in a high-profile position at a high profile club. This is my family and other people mentioned in those disgusting and false messages,” Seibold said.

“They don’t ask to be in the spotlight.

“Say whatever you want about my coaching and the team’s performances but to make up lies and all that abuse … it’s sickening and I’m not going to cop it.

“Will it drive me out of the game?

“I need to think about that at a later time.

“Social media has gone to a level that is no longer acceptable.

“There’s a big difference between having an opinion and supporting your team but when it’s so distressing, so hurtful and so defamatory that’s crossed the line. That’s why I’ve gone to the police.”

It’s been a rough year for Seibold. The Broncos have lost 10 of their last 11 games and the club’s troubles have dominated the headlines since the season resumed.

The atrocious and damaging rumours are another kick to the guts for Seibold, who’s worn most of the blame for the underperforming team, but he’s not prepared to part ways with the club.

“That’s Karl Morris and the board’s decision,” Seibold said when asked if he would be prepared to walk away.

“They’re good people and they’ll make the right call. Any decision that’s made will be in the best interests of the club.”

The Telegraph reports cyber security experts are investigating where the rumours started.

It also reports an NRL spokesman said a member of their wellbeing department did contact the Broncos about the rumours but didn’t get in touch with Seibold.

Originally published asNRL leave ‘angry’ Seibold out in the cold

Pommy

Coach
I’m surprised nobody got in touch after he got lawyers involved.
However he’s doing himself no favours having a whinge about it when everyone already thinks he’s hapless.

_Johnsy

Referee
The Brisbane Broncos are his employer. The NRL contacted the club, the NRL must have been satisfied with what the Broncs told them (can only assume as contact was made). What more does Seibs want?, Ohhh a personal phone call & a cuddle from PV maybe.

When you're under the pump. The PR playbook says Play the victim.

Well played Seibs.

some11

Referee
You know what would solve all these issues Anthony.

Not being a completely shithouse coach and actually winning a few games. It's probably the last thing on his mind though.

Broncos were stupid enough to sign him off the back of Damien Cook having a breakout year and making him look competent. He's only exposed how shit both he and the club are.

DeeJ

Bench
Broncos were stupid enough to sign him off the back of Damien Cook having a breakout year and making him look competent. He's only exposed how shit both he and the club are.

It was extra stupid seeing as though by the end of the year every team had figured out their attack and they had no plan b. They looked impotent in the finals.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I find this man terribly insincere. Many of the rumours involved some of his players and their personal lives - but he only cares about himself. Which seems to be a running theme.

Last edited:
Can someone PM me the rumours pls? Just wondering what all the fuss is about>
all just rumours I've heard ( don't sue me anthony )

1. He had a affair

2.He has been having regular sexual encounters with buck the bronco and the RSPCA has removed the horse from the club ( that's why bronco buck hasn't run around Suncorp this year )

3. He has been caught using a out of date library card at the Brisbane City library , also at this particular library he has 6 over due books. One book has since been returned but was vandalized with pictures of doodles all over the pages

All just rumours of course but that's what I've heard.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Why is he surprised? Abdo is quite literally the invisible CEO, wheeled out by Vlandys every now and again to say what he wants him to say.

Chimp

Juniors
I'd like to know what happened between Rd 2 when they were 2-0 in mid-march, and the resumption of the comp on May 28.

I wouldn't surprised if more than a few of these entitled snotty nosed 'prodigies' treated the break as a bit of a paid holiday. Surely a club such as the broncos set their players up with an olympic bar, some plates, and devs and co gave them a strength and conditioning program to adhere to during hiatus. It's was up to the players to execute it!

In reality though, they just don't have cattle with resilience. Physical ability is one thing, but they've got a bunch of blokes in that squad who won't do the simple things that don't pad their stats. I suppose it's the difference between having smith and finucane or boyd and milford as your leaders. In particular, it's important to have middles that set the standard.

I think the broncos are suffering from a similar issue the Warriors have had for years, in that these crop of awesome young forwards have never had to be in a battle before. They’ve been so much bigger, stronger and better than the other kids at Jnr level, they’ve just blown everyone away - particularly as a number of them played together in the same teams.
Even when they got into 1st grade, they’re were relatively unknown and had that element of surprise - but in first grade, they’re now meeting blokes who’re not intimidated by their size, coaches who’ve worked out how to nullify their physical dominance, and just blokes who’ll keep coming at them - they’re not used to that.
They’re all incredibly talented individuals, but as a group, there’s too many of them who’ve not got that experience of being in a battle and facing adversity. They’re all on the same learning path, at the same stage, at the same time. They’ve got the balance wrong - needed more older heads who can help them through the tough times in games.
If they could have kept them all together, and added a couple of old pro’s, they’d have really reaped the rewards in 2 or 3 years time. The problem is, they club have handled this stage of their collective development just about as badly as they could have and they’re losing them to other teams, so rather gloriously, there’s a fair chance all this pain will lead to no reward.
DELICIOUS.

And just on Seibold, he’s always come across as arrogant and self-entitled - acts like he’s above everyone else. Not a fan!