What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Biting Issue

Frenzy.

Immortal
So why would SJ believe he was Bitten?

Does he? He didn't make an accusation. He denied there was an incident after the game.

It's not relevant anyway.

I see an open mouth on an arm with no bite pressure applied. At first look, like so many, well not that many actually based on the poll that was run, I thought yeah that's a bite but the more times the replay is watched the less convincing it is.

Another thing is that when SJ was "showing" people, on the field and in the sheds there was no marks visible.

Objectivity is a wonderful trait. Glad I have it

Generalzod

Immortal
Does he? He didn't make an accusation. He denied there was an incident after the game.

I see an open mouth on an arm with no bite pressure applied. At first look, like so many, well not that many actually based on the poll that was run, I thought yeah that's a bite but the more times the replay is watched the less convincing it is.

Another thing is that when SJ was "showing" people, on the field and in the sheds there was no marks visible.

The whole thing was make believe like in WWF....lol

SJ 100% claimed a bite. That’s what’s known as an ‘accusation’.

Fortunately, accusations are no longer to be conflated with actual evidence of an offence. Witch hunts being the obvious exception.

It is not beyond the boundaries of reason that this all could easily have been an SJ heat-of-the-moment over-reaction to his arm coming into contact with Proctor’s open mouth. Genuine, but an error of judgement.

Footage I’ve seen shows no biting action. No marks on SJ arm. I’m curious to see this missing footage that was mentioned. That would constitute evidence. Surprised that any media organisation would not take advantage of the opportunity to sensationalise any incident.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Lol no one know will ever know for sure as there is no camera inside proctors mouth to definitely show he clamped down.

If I was a betting man I would say he nipped him from seeing the skin being pulled, from SJs reaction and from the lack of denial.

But we will see some ruling that it was an open mouth suck, running his teeth along the arm, involuntary gag reflex or some shit like that. Time to move on.

Ads

First Grade
He bit him. Half hearted effort on the bite though. Didn’t deny it on the field. Played the choke card. Ref looked at It, bunker looked at video and it was obvious. Johnson pulled back on the claim as soon as he realised it was his mate and the send off plus big ban he’d be facing.

cb4

First Grade

The answer is, yes. Johnson did make an accusation.
Straight up said to Perenara he f**king bit me.
3 People yelled to Perenara that there was a bite.

The onfield and changing room footage, how did you see there were no bite marks?
Fox didn't zoom in on his arm, the camera in the change room is in a corner and Shaun's back was turned to it.

End of the day, Proctor bit him, he didn't deny it on the field. It was a soft bite, but a bite none the less.

Shaun down plays it after he specifically said he didn't want to talk about it.

Tiger Shark

Bench

You must have excellent eye site to be able to see that there weren't any bite marks. Hope you use those powers for good not evil.

myrrh ken

First Grade
cc191845f176e2732a74c09a2524ced7
a370f2664563daa08ee53e57956d4918

Clap your peepers on that Frenz

(courtesy of Frailty)

Craigshark

First Grade
Johnson just posted this.. probably would have been better off saying nothing

Attachments

• 9C29EF0E-33C3-41F9-9F1F-87A824757736.jpeg
    9C29EF0E-33C3-41F9-9F1F-87A824757736.jpeg
    413 KB · Views: 20

Quigs

Immortal
Proctor was carrying on like a pork chop most of the game. He was pissed off everytime he got pinged for stripping the pill when two in the tackle. Happened to him twice early on if I remember correctly. Finally he actually got one ( a strip ball )

At the time I said to Old Mate it looks like Proctor has taken too many yippie pills prior to the kick off. He was bouncing around everywhere.

Then the bite. Yeah he bit him.

Card Shark

Immortal
Proctor was carrying on like a pork chop most of the game. He was pissed off everytime he got pinged for stripping the pill when two in the tackle. Happened to him twice early on if I remember correctly. Finally he actually got one ( a strip ball )

At the time I said to Old Mate it looks like Proctor has taken too many yippie pills prior to the kick off. He was bouncing around everywhere.

Then the bite. Yeah he bit him.

Yeh, he sure was on the angry pills!

Frailty

First Grade
Johnson is being the typical NRL player. Doesn't want to be responsible for a player being suspended. Do the Sharks benefit from him being suspended? No. So why would he care?

The issue is that if he gets off, well that is inviting others to get away with the same rubbish.