What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who do we keep?

Penrose_11

Juniors
I'd like to see Hiku retained.
He is our best attacking player. And after a couple of Lazy seasons his defence has finally come right, in other words he is a very good player for someone that was signed for peanuts.

Hiku in the redzone is very hard to tackle, the way he maintains his balance and changes angles is subtle, but he has used that to beat a lot of defenders.
I definitely wouldn’t say “his defence has finally come right” and i think he’s probably one of our poorer defenders but he’s certainly up there in the attacking stakes. Someone who i think we should keep on as he offers that utility option.

Something we’ve never really done previously is manufacture a lock forward. I wonder if Hiku could be worked into such a role? His fitness would have to improve big time but he’s got the size and is certainly good with the ball in hand. His defence might be better playing in the middle as well

MKEB...

Staff member
This feels slightly premature, he's finally ready to play and then we say no thanks? Would have atleast made sense to see him play and see how he goes first.
Players like Benji and SBW's bodies took time to get used to NRL and had lots of injuries early on before coming right.
Roache has looked good when he's been on the field, so I just wonder why this decision would be made now. Only 24 years old, could have another 8 or 9 years in the nrl
I can only see another Ben Henry with Nate...sad but--->

Tongue

Juniors
Hooker still looking shallow for me - unless the decision on Roache means we have someone else lined up.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Hooker still looking shallow for me - unless the decision on Roache means we have someone else lined up.
Hopefully getting all their ducks in a row for a massive shot at our future forward leader and hooker Brandon Smith. Our 2nd $1mil player right there.
Melbourne won’t fit Smith, Smith and Grant into their squad next season.

TheDMC

Bench
Hopefully getting all their ducks in a row for a massive shot at our future forward leader and hooker Brandon Smith. Our 2nd $1mil player right there.

Don't, just don't.

Tongue

Juniors

Probably why theres a massive dump of players and downgrades of contracts like Hiku.

BLN2

Juniors
I think he's a solid prop, pretty meat and potatoes, tuck the ball up the shirt, old fashioned these days for a prop. His D is a bit sus on our try line, and isn't much of a tackle breaker. But I would still keep him, age on his side, more than solid off the bench and seems to have a good attitude.

Maybe he's on a bigger contract than we would expect, because I don't why we would wan't to dump him. That or we have a string of forwards we are about to sign/upgrade..

Penrose_11

Juniors

JJ

Immortal
Bunty worth keeping more than many... but good on them if they’re having a clean out, Kearney left a cluster f**k

Big Marn

Juniors
That article also mentioned they are still trying to come to an arrangement with Rudolph.
Currently our prop rotation is BMM, Ah Mau, Evans, Paasi and JTB. Need some depth for injuries and Afoa would have been that depth. Unless they are confident of still getting Rudolph?