What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bite or No Bite - that is the question

Did Proctor bite Johnson?

• Yes

Votes: 56 58.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 20.8%
  • Can’t tell

Votes: 20 20.8%

• Total voters

gUt

Coach
117844288_3666798963371168_7005190014885502293_o.jpg

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...ixg_G0v7fGINDrDf2iVzW97YPzIrvpMO3AT_Aksfh61HM

T-Boon

Coach
If your face is getting abused by someones arm how are you supposed to act in self defense except by bighting?
If he had taken a chunk then yeah he should face trouble. But this is just a small bight.
Just a nip must acquit.

T-Boon

Coach
Johnson realises it’s just like the freeby you get at an ice creamery. No obligations.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Surely he was just "pushing" the arm out of his mouth using his gumshield to protect himself, knowing that the shield would stop any injury from occurring? There you go Kev, free idea for challenging the case lol

ACTPanthers

Bench
If your face is getting abused by someones arm how are you supposed to act in self defense except by bighting?
If he had taken a chunk then yeah he should face trouble. But this is just a small bight.
Just a nip must acquit.

*biting
*bite

A bight is coastline or rope

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yeah, he bit him. And Johnson doesn't want his Kiwis mate to go down for a skate. Although he probably would if they were playing each other in the GF next week.

That's about it, right?

coolsteve

Juniors
Suspend Johnson for frivolous claim can’t say he got bit on field then retract it later. He went on for a couple of minutes

_Johnsy

Referee
Consider this. Proctor has maintained he was being choked. When being choked, where is the pressure applied? During the tackle there was no instance of pressure being applied to Proctor’s throat.

Straight after the blow up Johnson said he was bitten. Then Proctor stated, he was choking me. Not once while he was on the field (from the available audio) did Proctor deny the allegation of biting.

Will be interesting to see how it pans out.

T-Boon

Coach
Consider this. Proctor has maintained he was being choked. When being choked, where is the pressure applied? During the tackle there was no instance of pressure being applied to Proctor’s throat.

Straight after the blow up Johnson said he was bitten. Then Proctor stated, he was choking me. Not once while he was on the field (from the available audio) did Proctor deny the allegation of biting.

If you have your arm in a persons mouth it is a choke.

GongPanther

Referee

What even more laughable is the experts on NRL 360 are changing their minds from a non-bite to a bite, back to a non-bite, then back to a bite, etc, etc. :)

Such a sensational, funny, hilarious, yet serious program wrapped up in a mystery.

_Johnsy

Referee
If you have your arm in a persons mouth it is a choke.
I’m not fussed what the outcome is. To play devils advocate if you were his defence, the hearing would last all of 2 minutes.
Choking is stopping or restricting the breath of by squeezing or obstructing the windpipe. The windpipe (trachea) is a vertical tube that runs through the neck and chest.

images

You’re welcome.

Last edited:

Exsilium

First Grade
I’m not fussed what the outcome is. To play devils advocate if you were his defence, the hearing would last all of 2 minutes.
Choking is stopping or restricting the breath of by squeezing or obstructing the windpipe. The windpipe (trachea) is a vertical tube that runs through the neck and chest.

images

You’re welcome.

So at what point is blocking an air passage not considered choking?

According to the definition of choking:

(of a person or animal) have severe difficulty in breathing because of a constricted or obstructed throat or a lack of air.

Is the legal definition different? Asking for a friend.

_Johnsy

Referee

(of a person or animal) have severe difficulty in breathing because of a constricted or obstructed throat or a lack of air.

Good question, each state would have a different definition dependant of various legislation.
Off the top of my head, hand/arm over the mouth/nose would be considered suffocation. I’ll see if I can find something.

_Johnsy

Referee

http://classic.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/act/consol_act/ca190082/s27.html
“choke", a person, includes apply pressure, to any extent, to the person's neck.

“suffocate", a person, includes the following:
obstruct, to any extent, any part of the person's—
respiratory system; or

https://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/documents/tableOffice/TabledPapers/2020/5620T787.pdf
QLD legislation.
definition of 'choke', 'strangle' and 'suffocate'. ' Choke', a person, includes apply pressure to. the person's neck. ' Strangle', a person, includes apply pressure to the person's neck. 'Suffocate', a person, includes the following: (a) obstruct, any part of the respiratory system; or (ii) accessory systems of respiration; (b) interfere with the operation of the person’s (i) respiratory system; or (ii) accessory systems of respiration; (b) interfere with the operation of the person’s (i) respiratory system; or (ii) accessory systems of respiration; (c) impede the person’s respiration.