What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 Vs Broncos

Dragon David

First Grade
Broncos have eleven out and we have four out.
I know who should win but application is needed.
Just like the Roosters had 9 out I think when we played them last and we got done so we do not want to underestimate the Broncos this weekend. Injuries, suspensions, fines have hit them pretty hard so, will they only turn up or will they give 100%? I'm thinking we will win, and it will be Young's first as the head coach.

Coreyzz

Juniors
It appears that Norman is the man and Sailor the fall guy. Absolutely rubbish that Sailor has not been selected in the starting lineup at 6. So to me it does mean that Sailor is not required beyond this year at the Dragons. I genuinely thought that he would be given a good run in the starting lineup for the next few weeks at least.

I guess that Mary did not want him on the field at any time last week just in case he "stuffed" up when we were on the way to a win. So yes, he has been treated disgracefully as far as I am concerned.

I expect Norman to be at 6 for the rest of the year unfortunately. It wouldn't surprise me if he plays well these next few weeks as our next 3 games are against bottom 8 teams and are all winnable games. A winning team will be enough to keep him there.

slippery5

Juniors
Regardless if he is going to be at the club next year, the way Tristan Sailor has been treated is disgraceful.

Spends the whole game on the bench against the Eels last week and now is out of the team. He did more than enough in his previous two games to keep his spot in the halves. Norman has been absolute garbage this year and after one week on the sidelines finds his way back into the starting team.

Looks like Dean Young has picked up where Mary left off.
What did people expect ? Young has been part of the selection panel who has continued to pick Norman.

Dragon David

First Grade
I expect Norman to be at 6 for the rest of the year unfortunately. It wouldn't surprise me if he plays well these next few weeks as our next 3 games are against bottom 8 teams and are all winnable games. A winning team will be enough to keep him there.
It could very well start Norman playing better footy without Mary's game plans. Let's hope that we can put on some exciting tries in our last 6 games. Win, lose or draw, great tries from our guys always brings out that "you beauty" feeling. Of course the preference is to win all the remaining games.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Playing to win the match with his job on the line. And an outside chance to make the 8 and the GF which would earn him a 10 year contract. Maybe next week a team change or two.

LINESPEED

Juniors
It appears that Norman is the man and Sailor the fall guy. Absolutely rubbish that Sailor has not been selected in the starting lineup at 6. So to me it does mean that Sailor is not required beyond this year at the Dragons. I genuinely thought that he would be given a good run in the starting lineup for the next few weeks at least.

I guess that Mary did not want him on the field at any time last week just in case he "stuffed" up when we were on the way to a win. So yes, he has been treated disgracefully as far as I am concerned.

The saving grace here may be an element of reward for a winning team I guess

....and Sailor has not been fully trusted in defence
- and hasn’t resigned (probably because we have gun halves ready to blood next year)
... so may be on the outer despite good performances.

We may regret losing him and Saab
...yet again history repeats - with juniors being given scant opportunity

Aitken’s woeful retention tells us much of what we needed to know about Young

...who will probably now have the shortest honeymoon in Club history:

1. Fans have already posted their suspicion & distrust in the likely jobs-for-the-boys manoeuvring of Albert’s son into the top job for years.

2. He subscribes to the Fan-alienating fuc/king over of juniors - in the best McSacked tradition.

3. Like McFail, Deano has dutifully retained the much-shopped-around-and-shafted deadwood Lovechild

...included as a fuc/k you to the Fans

- over more skilled centres and juniors needing blooding for 2021

4. Has failed to learn the lessons & benefits of Zac’s elevation

5 He’s scared of losing - like Waterboy’s picking & sticking in the face of better option & renewal

6. He exhibits no gift for the innovation & changes required for 2021 - to compete with the best

7. No evidence of a coach on a mission with a powerful agenda that found immediate expression
... posters list superior & more creative teams with an eye to the future on a daily basis.

8. He’s living in the bubble

9. If Flanno wants his job he’s not intervening today - just giving Clone enough rope for 6 weeks

10. He’s as conservative & blinkered as his failed mentor - exactly what 99% of us here on the Forum expected.

11. His insipidly unimaginative innovation of ‘run hard’ forwards just parallels the failed power game of McSacked

You’ll be disappointed Webby,
as he’s fuc/ked a good deal of goodwill, predictably, in his first Teamsheet Tuesday

... compromising Fan trust

... and that essential but easily lost

Respect for your ability

As my grandfather would say:
“You’ve done your dash Deano”

But yet again, well done Turnstile
.... in compromising another coach’s credentials.
Brownie next

Thankfully fellas we’ve only 6 weeks of this stasis & inertia to suffer

It should’ve been the Shep & Flanno Show

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal

TEAM LISTS

Presented By

NRL team announcement: Round 15 v Broncos
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 18 Aug 2020, 03:57 PM
Share on social media
St George Illawarra interim coach Dean Young has named his mandatory 21-man squad ahead of the Dragons' Round 15 clash against the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium on Friday, August 21.

Friday night will be Young's first outing as coach of the Dragons following Paul McGregor's final game in charge of the club, a 14-12 win over the Parramatta Eels.

"I consider the opportunity to coach the St George Illawarra Dragons for the remainder of our 2020 campaign as an absolute honour," Young said.

"There were many positives to take out of the Parramatta win last weekend but it's important now that we compete against the Broncos as we did the Eels.

"As a whole, I'm really looking forward to finishing the year strongly, with the process beginning this week to ensure we reach a level of consistency that will make our Red V members, partners and fans proud."

Paul Vaughan (Covid hold) has been named on the bench after a two-week absence. The New South Wales and Australian representative will return to training for Thursday's captain's run where his final availability will be assessed.

Question marks still remain over the availability of Tyrell Fuimaono, who will head to the NRL judiciary on Tuesday evening after being hit with a grade two dangerous contact charge.

NRL squad for Round 15 v Brisbane Broncos –
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Jordan Pereira – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
3. Euan Aitken– sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Nutrition Station
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
7. Adam Clune – sponsored by Baytek Construction
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by SMAI
9. Ben Hunt – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
10. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Modus Projects
12. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
13. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Dincel Construction System

Interchange:
14 Jacob Host – sponsored by St.George Bank
15. Kaide Ellis – sponsored by Bodytech Fitness
16. Korbin Sims – sponsored by TripADeal
17. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox Property
18. Trent Merrin
19. Tristan Sailor
20. Brayden Wiliame
21. Eddie Blacker

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/08/18/nrl-team-announcement-round-15-v-broncos/

George Sancti

Juniors
It could very well start Norman playing better footy without Mary's game plans. Let's hope that we can put on some exciting tries in our last 6 games. Win, lose or draw, great tries from our guys always brings out that "you beauty" feeling. Of course the preference is to win all the remaining games.

You make a very good point Dragon David, a different game plan, whether more sophisticated or simplified may produce a seriously improved performance. I believe we have good team, capable of outscoring the low and middle table competition.

As Ive said before-why the hell is Norman even playing.He's been rubbish all year so they still give him another chance. Ive watched Sailor play and seen a completely different team when he's on. And Aitken is leaving so why persist with him. I just feel in 3 weeks we'll have the forum back to calling for Dean Youngs head because we'll be seeing the same old rubbish trotted out every week. This was finally a chance to see a new Red V and I really hope it doesnt slip by. Ive given my hard earned money over to so far see 2 games at Kogarah- but if i see it wasted in the same old manner as previous years,I'm not so sure i'll be committing next year. So Dean-get cracking and give us a Dragons we can all be proud of

Latest posts