What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary

boardlumps62

Juniors
I am aware Tyrell Fuimaono is fronting the judiciary tonight. I thought after watching the game twice that the reason must have been over a dangerous tackle. Now I realise it was the tackle where Paulo rolled his ankle. Now watching NRL 360 there is a new tackle (originated in Melbourne) that is called the Hip Drop Tackle. They have already found Bromwich guilty of this style of tackle.
To me it is bullshit the tackle is around the legs is not intentional to bust an ankle. What is this game becoming. I rolled my ankles numerous times it is part of the game they play a contact sport does not happen every day it is an accident.

Also new gradings for crushers which will be treated separate to dangerous tackles. More serious. Grade 1 starts at 200 points.

thebigredv

First Grade
The case will go as follows.

NRL Prosecution: Do you play for the Storm or Roosters?

Defendant Proctor: No

NRL Prosecution: Guilty

Never had respect for the judiciary after picking on Saints players Crag Smith for knees, Frizell for 'manhandling' the ref and Sims for a great hit, and, ever since Slater got off for the shoulder charge because the NRL needed him the grand final.

Anon

Bench
The case will go as follows.

Never had respect for the judiciary after .....Frizell for 'manhandling' the ref......

I really wish the club would have the balls to call out the NRL’s double standards and every time a player makes contact with a referee and doesn’t get charged. they should issue a media release showing Video footage what Frizell got suspended for along with video of every occurance since then where the player wasn’t charged and ask why.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Intent should have very little to do with a ruling and any notion otherwise is dinosaur thinking rooted in the "old days" when nobody knew what we do not about sports science.

Onus is on the defender to ensure safety of the attacking player. Crusher, hip drop, attacking legs or ankles, high shot, don't care what it is. Punish accordingly

getsmarty

Immortal
11.33pm: The panel has returned after seven minutes of deliberating and have maintained the charge as a grade two, meaning Fuimaono remains suspended.

getsmarty

Immortal
fuimoano-200806_gt_13.jpg

JUDICIARY

Breaking
Fuimaono downgrade attempt unsuccessful, out for fortnight
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 18 Aug 2020, 11:40 PM

St George Illawarra forward Tyrell Fuimaono was unsuccessful in his quest for a downgrade at the NRL judiciary on Tuesday night.

Fuimaono was charged with a grade two dangerous contact offence following the Dragons' Round 14 win over Parramatta last weekend.

NRL counsel Peter McGrath successfully argued that the force of Fuimaono's third-man-in hip drop tackle on Junior Paulo midway through the first half of last Friday's game warranted a grade-two charge.

McGrath noted that the Dragons back-rower's actions led to him landing on the "vulnerable" Paulo's lower limb and therefore caused an unacceptable risk of injury.

Fuimaono's representative Nick Ghabar argued that while the 24-year-old accepted there was a risk of injury - hence why he pleaded guilty - the offence was not worthy of a grade two charge.

"You shouldn't confuse force with momentum", Ghabar said, while arguing that Paulo driving forward created the illusion of a greater impact.

The Indigenous All Stars representative will miss the Dragons' next two games against the Brisbane Broncos and Gold Coast Titans.

Earlier, Titans back-rower Kevin Proctor (biting) and Storm front-rower Jesse Bromwich (dangerous contact) were each suspended for four and one week(s) respectively.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/08/18/fuimaono-suspended/

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Like everyone says, it all depends who you are, and how important the next game is decides whether you get off or not. Just out of interest, what was Fuimaono supposed to do to stop Junior Paulo? Sorry, I don’t get it. Paulo kept advancing. I would’ve thought the best course of action would be to tackle his legs...did I miss something?

Last edited by a moderator: