What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Didn't SBW walk out of a Bulldogs contract and then join the Roosters with NRL blessing. And now again gets NRL blessing even though his recruitment by the Roosters is outside of NRL rules; they gave the chooks a special exemption.

No special treatment for the Dragons who copped the full brunt of the NRL's De Belin's stand down police implemented retrospectively. Give me a break.

Not to mention both Tallis and Mundine who reneged on contracts while with Saints.

However, Folau didn’t not and anyone who claims otherwise is showing their complete ignorance apropos anti discrimination workplace laws.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
On an entirely different subject related to Folau, did anyone else notice a few players (in the recent Huddersfield vs Warrington match) who chose not to kneel in support of the BLM movement prior to kickoff?

Where was the same media frenzy which persecuted Folau?

Double standards for some.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Is that a triple or quadruple negative?

“Apropos” got you befuddled again, ol’ fella? How I missed you during my “time off”.

Are you well? Still seem a little orange (or is that jaundiced?) around the gills though. Good to see the Steelers are producing enough talent to ensure the Dragons remain mediocre....cough...I mean “competitive”.

Double edit: As it has been (incorrectly) misconstrued “WHINGING” by the sad, rusty, ornery, moose knuckling, dilettante scribbler masquerading as an impartial moderator, I must remind myself NOT to use the term “Sabbatical” in future posts.

FUTURE POSTS? WHO ARE YOU TRYING TO KID, PAL!!! Once the cravenly individual cops of a whiff of this missive, he’ll undoubtedly damn you aside into the equivalent of The Phantom Zone for an eternity. Such an action, of course, will only reaffirm his cowardly persona. Still, it’s worth it. The “moderator” in question has a strong aversion to factual matters, and also has a rather weird penchant for paraphrasing my thoughts whilst trying to pass them off as his own. Imitation is the most insincere form of flattery after all.

He doesn’t accept being wrong either which this “little black duck” has proven more than once.

To all and sundry, as it seems most likely my time on this forum is about to come to a truncated demise, I would like to say I appreciate each and every one of you (yes, that includes you too Muzzy). Even though we don’t always see eye-to-eye, the most important things which binds us is a profound love for the Dragons.

Long may it continue.

Feel free to say “G’day” in any Dragons’ related group found on other social media platforms.

All the best,

J

Last edited:

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
On an entirely different subject related to Folau, did anyone else notice a few players (in the recent Huddersfield vs Warrington match) who chose not to kneel in support of the BLM movement prior to kickoff?

Yes- interesting that people choose to stamp out Folau's intolerance with....drum roll.. intolerance!!!

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Not to mention both Tallis and Mundine who reneged on contracts while with Saints.

However, Folau didn’t not and anyone who claims otherwise is showing their complete ignorance apropos anti discrimination workplace laws.
Rugby union sacked Folau because they believed he breached an agreement pertaining to their code of conduct. He took legal action and got a payout, out-of-court settlement so it never got to a court decision.

The point is, the NRL would be very wary, despite the OP's wish and attempt to create a 'rumour'. For some reason, players who break agreements and then go legal are seen as trouble.

Folau also refused to take the knee, stating that he only kneels before his god. He was the only Catalans player who didn't take the knee but he had his reasons.

There was no 'media frenzy' over his explanation or his beliefs.

It was after all, Folau's right not to kneel, just as it is an individual's right to to stand for the national anthem.

So not entirely different subject matter, and you going out your way to look for 'double standards' appears to have backfired,

Might help to research these things before looking for an argument.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yes- interesting that people choose to stamp out Folau's intolerance with....drum roll.. intolerance!!!
I don't recall Folau's views being stamped out. Criticised, yes.

He said the bushfires were god's punishment. People died, homes were lost, communities ripped apart. Even some of his previous backers thought he'd gone too far. It caused a lot of hurt.

Do you think this type of ignorance shouldn't be called out? That his critics should just shut up?
The rumours of him returning to the NRL won't go away
Again, I'm curious to see where this is coming from. So far, you seem to be the only source. Where are these persistent rumours?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Rugby union sacked Folau because they believed he breached an agreement pertaining to their code of conduct. He took legal action and got a payout, out-of-court settlement so it never got to a court decision.

The point is, the NRL would be very wary, despite the OP's wish and attempt to create a 'rumour'. For some reason, players who break agreements and then go legal are seen as trouble.
Folau also refused to take the knee, stating that he only kneels before his god. He was the only Catalans player who didn't take the knee but he had his reasons.

There was no 'media frenzy' over his explanation or his beliefs.

It was after all, Folau's right not to kneel, just as it is an individual's right to to stand for the national anthem.

So not entirely different subject matter, and you going out your way to look for 'double standards' appears to have backfired,

Might help to research these things before looking for an argument.

Am I supposed to dignify this BS with a response?

Yes, people (who could be bothered doing so) can quite easily do some research at their own leisure.

In short, Folau didn’t “break an agreement” because one which included social media activities was NEVER forwarded to him or his manager. Not that he would’ve agreed to such a barbaric restraint anyway. Mind you, such a move is illegal (an entirely different discussion for another day).

Feel free to Google “Folau never signed agreement” and “Folau refuses to knee” to get a much clearer idea instead of the garbled, disingenuous nonsense shown above.

The calm one

Juniors
The rumours of him returning to the NRL won't go away- assuming he can gain registration. I for one woudn't mind him being our full-back- tall, strong and brilliant under the high ball. Dufty is heart attack material with his penchant to let the ball bounce and the alternatives ( Schiller and Ramsay) are promising but untried kids.

Opinions?
Enough weirdo's here. We don't need anymore. Stay calm