What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2021 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos etc

Perth Red

Post Whore
I'm actually 100% sure that PR sits naked at his desk, jacking off over every imagined short coming of the NRL, while making out with a printed pic of PVL smearing his cheap and bright red lipstick all over it...

It's just a really sad state of affairs for this merkin...

No one wants to know about your depraved imagination and sexual fantasies mate.

Nqcowboy

Juniors
It's been reported in today's Telegrapgh that the Randwick Rugby club will go back to traditional collar/cotton style jerseys and other Shute Sheild clubs will follow suit... hope the NRL club's will get on bored also.
Hah, heavy jumpers instead of light breathable fabric, I’m all for nostalgia but that’s just dumb

yakstorm

First Grade
Thank f**k

That Huawei logo is an eyesore that completely ruins what could otherwise be one of the better jerseys in the NRL.

Is it really that bad? It's better integrated than the likes of nib, Neds, Aland or Toyota which are all in boxes... And far from the only red major sponsor logo in the competition.

Also better integrated than some of their past sponsors like FoneZone, Ozemail, Ansett, CFMEU and even Canberra Milk.

Never ideal when a major multinational starts to reduce their sponsorship, especially in a market like Canberra where the club has struggled to attract big partners in the past. Really outside of Huwaei, the only other 'major' partners they've had on the front of their kit have been Oracle and Ozemail, with the later coming about because they weren't allowed to sponsor the Roosters.

At least they are sticking around in some capacity, but wouldn't be surprising if they're completely gone by 2022.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Considering the current geopolitical and economic environment it was kind of inevitable that Huawei would start to pull out.

Can’t say I’m too upset about it either, the money was good and they truly were great as a sponsor, but at the same time I was never really comfortable with their sponsorship.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Whats the deal with jersey manufacturers? Is it simply whoever offers the club the better unit price for jerseys and merch?

sempmrh

Juniors
Surprising to see ISC extend a partnership but I feel like perhaps it’s a different deal in some way due to the wording in the article - where they’re extending ‘using our ISC TEAMWEAR PRO model’. Something is different at ISC.