What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Judiciary

Dragon David

First Grade
Like everyone says, it all depends who you are, and how important the next game is decides whether you get off or not. Just out of interest, what was Fuimaono supposed to do to stop Junior Paulo? Sorry, I don’t get it. Paulo kept advancing. I would’ve thought the best course of action would be to tackle his legs...did I miss something?
This is what I basically said in another thread. So fella's it will be no leg tackling unless you do that before the other guys tackle ball and all high or just let the player advance until the ref decides to call held. The game has certainly changed and as usual the Dragons cop it without a doubt.

Dragon David

First Grade
I can understand attacking the knees but Fuimaono started around the thighs from what I saw.
I think it was a "hip-drop"tackle. If he stayed around Paulo's hips rather than dropping from the hips to the legs, he possibly would not have been suspended. I am not too sure of the ruling though.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
It’s a new tackle trend that needs to be rubbed out of the game, like the cannonball.

If an opposition player had done Tyrell’s tackle on one of our players we’d be baying for blood.

Fair call IMHO..

boardlumps62

Juniors
It’s a new tackle trend that needs to be rubbed out of the game, like the cannonball.

If an opposition player had done Tyrell’s tackle on one of our players we’d be baying for blood.

Fair call IMHO..
I doubt I would Musby as I said if you see what I see he started at the thighs so in the wet and tackling someone wouldwith legs as big as a tree where would you end up. He did not attack the knees. The ankle got caught and if he didn't end up injured there shouldn't be a problem. In fact was Paulo actually injured as he stayed on the field.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade

Fair call IMHO..

sorry mate. I honestly can’t see anything wrong with it. Paulo keeps advancing so Fuimaono tackles him around the legs so he falls down. I see it in all games. He didn’t cannonball him. I def must have missed the memo.

possm

Coach
Can't remember the last time we had something go our way @ the Judiciary....beyond a joke....Thanks to the channel 9 commentators for highlighting this....If it was Roosters/storm/Newcastle game etc would have been a different story.....my guess is they would not have commented on it
Ben Creagh onthe pannel.

Mark Coyne voted to stand De Belin down.

Loyalty

possm

Coach
This is what I basically said in another thread. So fella's it will be no leg tackling unless you do that before the other guys tackle ball and all high or just let the player advance until the ref decides to call held. The game has certainly changed and as usual the Dragons cop it without a doubt.
If the NRL are serious about this, the refs should be instructed to call held more sooner.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
sorry mate. I honestly can’t see anything wrong with it. Paulo keeps advancing so Fuimaono tackles him around the legs so he falls down. I see it in all games. He didn’t cannonball him. I def must have missed the memo.
I didn’t say he cannonballs him, I said the current hip drop tackle needs to be stamped out like the cannonball.

You can see him drop his weight onto Paulo’s ankle. He could have completed a legs tackle without doing that.

Fair call. We’re just looking at it via the lens of persecution.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I didn’t say he cannonballs him, I said the current hip drop tackle needs to be stamped out like the cannonball.

You can see him drop his weight onto Paulo’s ankle. He could have completed a legs tackle without doing that.

Fair call. We’re just looking at it via the lens of persecution.

All good mate. I’ll have to look at it again to be honest. It looked like any other tackle to me at the time. I thought Hall twisting Lomax’s leg was much worse, and that merkin didn’t even get cited.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Why don't we attach Velcro and coloured flags on their shoulders and waist. Yes just like Oz Tag the game invented by Perry Haddock I think and exactly where NRL is headed. A game for pussies.

slippery5

Juniors

Fair call IMHO..
I bet Keary wishes the 2nd man in driving into your back while you're still standing, was rubbed out too.
I thought that was a cheap shot, breaking his ribs. Ouch.

boardlumps62

Juniors
I bet Keary wishes the 2nd man in driving into your back while you're still standing, was rubbed out too.
I thought that was a cheap shot, breaking his ribs. Ouch.
Perpetrators of cheap shots should be rubbed out. Simple.
Head shots, crushers and attacking the knees of players already standing and knees into the body. B
Because you have a twisted ankle does nothing for me. You can sustain an ACL simple passing the ball. A ham string injury because that is the way you are made or snap an achilles tendon for numerous reasons over use is not uncommon I know.
Keary is a lightweight I have been jumped on by blokes much bigger than me that is the game they play it is only a matter of time until a bid forward sacks a half.

jeffdragon

Bench
We seem to get dudded.
I few weeks back in q game v chooks tariq was holding the back of hes next after a crusher tackle and nothing .
Then you get players Nathan Brown v the tigers and Jake trboiovic for manly v knights hold the back of 6he neck
And get the penalty then jump straight to their feet.
It's a load of bullshit sometimes.

rasaint

Juniors
The difficulty with all these types of tackles is that at its heart rugby league is a very dangerous and brutal game played by super fit and strong risk tacking athletes. Some injuries are horrific. Broken, jaws, faces , noses, serious concessions, dreadful knee and leg/ ankle injuries; dislocations and breaking of shoulders, elBows, arms and fingers ribs and hips....I will stop now.

Reading through all the various comments about Tryell’s suspension is interesting. The game now identifies shoulder charges, lifting pile driver, mid air, head slam, chicken wings, crushers, cannonballs, now hip drop legs type tackles. Then calls for further tackles like’ rib breakers ‘ to be outlawed. The tackle that put me in hospital back in the day was the razzle dazzle where I was swung around by the arm and then tripped over ( And it’s still legal) and I face planted into Brighton oval and woke up in an ambulance.

My point is when does it all tackle banning categories stop? Will tackling be banned? When a player runs up full tilt and slams into an opponent and flattens him ( now known as a ‘shooter’ tackle) the crowd go up cheering wildly, commentators say ‘great hit’ and then a best ‘big hits’ reel is composed. The opponent sometimes doesn’t get up or groggily tries to work out what year it is as he plays the ball in slow motion. Maybe the ‘shooter’ tackle should be banned. How come the razzle dazzle hasn’t been banned? That’s the general sort of tackle that our player Ford tried to legally execute on Luke Keary but was too clumsy. Had he hung on to Keary’s upper arm and then threw him over his leg .no problem. Maybe all rugby league fans are hypocrites as every tackle and collision brings the possibility of serious injury to the players involved. Yet we still watch and cheer on our teams. We want enforces, big boopers, hard heads etc in our teams.

The game is sleep walking into a point where the essence of attacking team overcoming the defence
team to score a try will be lost. Every banned tackle opens up nuances and opportunities for exploitation by the attacking team and arguments about the category and gradings of tackles and supporters feeling their player and/or club has been unfairly dealt with in comparison to others. Conspiracy theories and suspicion of skulduggery by administrators becomes rife.

Anyway, I’m off to bed now believing that Tyrell and our club have been hard done by with his suspension.

boardlumps62

Juniors
The difficulty with all these types of tackles is that at its heart rugby league is a very dangerous and brutal game played by super fit and strong risk tacking athletes. Some injuries are horrific. Broken, jaws, faces , noses, serious concessions, dreadful knee and leg/ ankle injuries; dislocations and breaking of shoulders, elBows, arms and fingers ribs and hips....I will stop now.

Reading through all the various comments about Tryell’s suspension is interesting. The game now identifies shoulder charges, lifting pile driver, mid air, head slam, chicken wings, crushers, cannonballs, now hip drop legs type tackles. Then calls for further tackles like’ rib breakers ‘ to be outlawed. The tackle that put me in hospital back in the day was the razzle dazzle where I was swung around by the arm and then tripped over ( And it’s still legal) and I face planted into Brighton oval and woke up in an ambulance.

My point is when does it all tackle banning categories stop? Will tackling be banned? When a player runs up full tilt and slams into an opponent and flattens him ( now known as a ‘shooter’ tackle) the crowd go up cheering wildly, commentators say ‘great hit’ and then a best ‘big hits’ reel is composed. The opponent sometimes doesn’t get up or groggily tries to work out what year it is as he plays the ball in slow motion. Maybe the ‘shooter’ tackle should be banned. How come the razzle dazzle hasn’t been banned? That’s the general sort of tackle that our player Ford tried to legally execute on Luke Keary but was too clumsy. Had he hung on to Keary’s upper arm and then threw him over his leg .no problem. Maybe all rugby league fans are hypocrites as every tackle and collision brings the possibility of serious injury to the players involved. Yet we still watch and cheer on our teams. We want enforces, big boopers, hard heads etc in our teams.

The game is sleep walking into a point where the essence of attacking team overcoming the defence
team to score a try will be lost. Every banned tackle opens up nuances and opportunities for exploitation by the attacking team and arguments about the category and gradings of tackles and supporters feeling their player and/or club has been unfairly dealt with in comparison to others. Conspiracy theories and suspicion of skulduggery by administrators becomes rife.

Anyway, I’m off to bed now believing that Tyrell and our club have been hard done by with his suspension.
I have looked at replay again and seen at lest six tackles just like that third man in around the legs before halftime. Tyrell had one arm arm his hip and the other below his knees and when Paulo was bought down his ankle got caught under Tyrell. Seen Paulo do a similar tackle later so can't understand the ruling.

Dragon David

First Grade
I have looked at replay again and seen at lest six tackles just like that third man in around the legs before halftime. Tyrell had one arm arm his hip and the other below his knees and when Paulo was bought down his ankle got caught under Tyrell. Seen Paulo do a similar tackle later so can't understand the ruling.
Who does Tyrell play for? Oh that's right, it's the Dragons -guilty as charged - next case!