Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 15 vs Storm team list thread

I actually didn't feel this way under Brian Smith. As much as I wanted him gone by the end of it, he was a great coach in many respects and knew how to get his teams winning and win well. It was his personality in the end that undid all his coaching genius and he couldn't get that elusive premiership and we could, well most of us could, all see it. So yeah I was glad that we got rid of him. I wanted him gone, but for someone better that could take us to that last step.

But since then we have only hired average to sh*t coaches and our teams have mostly reflected that. Great coaches assemble the best rosters. It has taken BA 7 years to get here and now he has no excuses, because I think he has at least equal best roster in the comp baring experience. But our slightly under experienced roster should be playing way better then they are, which in the end falls directly on the coach.

Remember in 2018 when the Chooks started that season they weren't playing well at all. Their attack was very poor and clunky and everyone was saying what is going on with recruits like Cronk and Tedesco they should be flying. But T. Robinson said that he was happy with the way they were going because he was putting in them the fundamentals that he wanted them to learn first and then the exciting fancy things will come. He wanted to build their game from ground up. It was all going along fine and to his plan.

Well about nine weeks into that season, they finally started to put it all together and they just started to explode in every facet of the game. They had nailed it and they have never looked back. Baring injuries they have been pissing on everybody ever since.

Well what can we say about Parra and our coach? He has decided to go the other route. Start like a house on fire and then fade into the dust like a bunch of bozos who don't know each others names let alone play footy together. Absolute strangers out there. Do they even train together?

No mate, it is a coaching thing. We don't seem to have one. I hear him talking and see him on the tele, but I don't think he is real. I mean he can't be. The players don't seem to pay him any mind. They mustn't think him real either. They just go out there every week and do the same crap, week in week out. Surely they would have change things up by now if they had someone in their ear every freakin week giving them instructions on how to fix their bumbling ways and actually play well as a team? Wouldn't they? Shouldn't they?
Have a look at Lane's interview on the official site. He says some things about Arthur's you might find interesting.

TheRam

If the players go out there with TheRam's mentality that we should smash them we will lose.

Being a professional and confident team in your abilities doesn't mean you are mentally soft. Well not unless you are Parra that is.

But do you think that teams like the Storm not feeling confident? The difference though is they know how to not underestimate any team and switch on 99% of the time. We don't even know how to pass properly to one another yet?

TheRam

Have a look at Lane's interview on the official site. He says some things about Arthur's you might find interesting.

Yeah OK I just watched it. Fair enough, maybe there is some improvement coming, but it all sounds a little to familiar. But we will see. I will wait with baited breath and see what they dish up the next couple of weeks. Lets hope Lane and Matterson in particular have worked overtime with our halves this week and actually show that they can run lines together as a start.

We will see.

I actually didn't feel this way under Brian Smith. As much as I wanted him gone by the end of it, he was a great coach in many respects and knew how to get his teams winning and win well. It was his personality in the end that undid all his coaching genius and he couldn't get that elusive premiership and we could, well most of us could, all see it. So yeah I was glad that we got rid of him. I wanted him gone, but for someone better that could take us to that last step.

But since then we have only hired average to sh*t coaches and our teams have mostly reflected that. Great coaches assemble the best rosters. It has taken BA 7 years to get here and now he has no excuses, because I think he has at least equal best roster in the comp baring experience. But our slightly under experienced roster should be playing way better then they are, which in the end falls directly on the coach.

Remember in 2018 when the Chooks started that season they weren't playing well at all. Their attack was very poor and clunky and everyone was saying what is going on with recruits like Cronk and Tedesco they should be flying. But T. Robinson said that he was happy with the way they were going because he was putting in them the fundamentals that he wanted them to learn first and then the exciting fancy things will come. He wanted to build their game from ground up. It was all going along fine and to his plan.

Well about nine weeks into that season, they finally started to put it all together and they just started to explode in every facet of the game. They had nailed it and they have never looked back. Baring injuries they have been pissing on everybody ever since.

Well what can we say about Parra and our coach? He has decided to go the other route. Start like a house on fire and then fade into the dust like a bunch of bozos who don't know each others names let alone play footy together. Absolute strangers out there. Do they even train together?

No mate, it is a coaching thing. We don't seem to have one. I hear him talking and see him on the tele, but I don't think he is real. I mean he can't be. The players don't seem to pay him any mind. They mustn't think him real either. They just go out there every week and do the same crap, week in week out. Surely they would have change things up by now if they had someone in their ear every freakin week giving them instructions on how to fix their bumbling ways and actually play well as a team? Wouldn't they? Shouldn't they?
If you’re going to make claims...
After round 9 they scored:
More than 50 once in a game they conceded 24 and it was in round 19
40-50 once in the final regular season game
30-40 four times
20-30 six times - the highest was 26, 2 were finals matches, another was a loss and 2 were wins by a converted try or less
10-20 points five times - 4 wins and a loss and the only win which was by more than 4 points was their prelim vs Souths
Less than 10 twice both losses
It’s hardly a record which indicates “exploding all facets”. Really the only facet they exploded in was the GF wins facet

TheRam

If you’re going to make claims...
After round 9 they scored:
More than 50 once in a game they conceded 24 and it was in round 19
40-50 once in the final regular season game
30-40 four times
20-30 six times - the highest was 26, 2 were finals matches, another was a loss and 2 were wins by a converted try or less
10-20 points five times - 4 wins and a loss and the only win which was by more than 4 points was their prelim vs Souths
Less than 10 twice both losses
It’s hardly a record which indicates “exploding all facets”. Really the only facet they exploded in was the GF wins facet

When you just take the scoreboard as the only statistic then you aren't really making a true evaluation of how a team is travelling. As an example, on the scoreboard we have been killing it by winning so many games, but as we all know our actual performances have sucked big time lately. That is the point that I am making, It's not that we are losing, but how poorly we are playing for such a great team of players.

The Roosters play well no matter how the scoreboard looks in the end. Therefore when they need to find that extra bit in close and major games, they have nearly always risen to the occasion because they know how to get there. We on the other hand have not shown that we can match these elite teams when it really matters and the way we have been playing and losing and winning lately does not instil much confidence at all.

But like I said, I am willing to wait and see what they dish up over the next 2 or 3 weeks. I could be wrong and the coach might be a genius in disguise of a nice and solid but one dimensional coach. Time will tell.

Boy do I hope I am wrong.

When you just take the scoreboard as the only statistic then you aren't really making a true evaluation of how a team is travelling. As an example, on the scoreboard we have been killing it by winning so many games, but as we all know our actual performances have sucked big time lately. That is the point that I am making, It's not that we are losing, but how poorly we are playing for such a great team of players.

The Roosters play well no matter how the scoreboard looks in the end. Therefore when they need to find that extra bit in close and major games, they have nearly always risen to the occasion because they know how to get there. We on the other hand have not shown that we can match these elite teams when it really matters and the way we have been playing and losing and winning lately does not instil much confidence at all.

But like I said, I am willing to wait and see what they dish up over the next 2 or 3 weeks. I could be wrong and the coach might be a genius in disguise of a nice and solid but one dimensional coach. Time will tell.

Boy do I hope I am wrong.
Well you seemed to be worried about our attacking prowess compared to them.
Compared to run where you said they exploded in all facets, they scored an average of 3 more points than we have this year.

NRL tonight are reporting that Cooper Johns has been handed his debut jumper.

Don’t know what position he plays and who drops out of the 17.

IFR33K

Who here made excuses for our 3 loses this year vs Roosters, Manly and Dragons ? Myth.

It's obvious were are in a bit of a slump. Even good sides have slumps. The Roosters last year for example:-

Round 10 L vs Broncos
Round 11 L vs Knights
Round 12 Bye
Round 13 L vs Penrith

Which reinforces the premise that comps are not won in August.

Our form slump has been

Round 10 vs L vs Manly
Round 11 vs W vs Tigers
Round 12 W vs Bulldogs
Round 13 W vs Sharks
Round 14 L vs Dragons

Perspective please.

Hopefully we shake off the shackles this week.

when roosters were in their ‘slump’, that wasn’t around origin time was it, and would of had a fair few players out?

chiefy1

NRL tonight are reporting that Cooper Johns has been handed his debut jumper.

Don’t know what position he plays and who drops out of the 17.

Yep confirmed in nrl.com. Cooper John's to debut at halfback. Hughs out groin