What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 vs Sharks

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
It annoys me how Ivan gives backs on the bench basically no minutes. What a waste.

Ivan has said in past press conferences that he has the back on the bench to cover for HIAs. If one of the backs is off for a HIA he has someone available to fill in. If we get thru the game without any HIAs then the reserve back only gets limited time or no time on the field.

GongPanther

Referee
It annoys me how Ivan gives backs on the bench basically no minutes. What a waste.
Depends who you are playing. You play a side that has a forward pack size that the Sharks have, you put three forwards on the bench for rotation, and a back usually a utility but hopefully for me, Daine Laurie when their forward pack starts to tire. Different horses for different courses.

The Realist

Juniors
I am not a fan of small backs on the bench at all. It is a waste of a spot as they can only realistically cover 1,2,5 and if they have ball skills 6 at a pinch. Having a large back or mobile forward (like a Capewell, Yeo of a few seasons back or Burns if in form) means you can still play them in the 2nd row, or if injuries happen they can slot in at centre. If a wing or full back is injured then one of the current centres can shift to the wing.

May is the perfect utility, can cover 3,4,6,7,9 well - and is still useful as an 11,12,13.

Burton would be similar as well, though would not cover #9. Given he has speed though he could cover 1,2,5 better than May but isn't tough or experienced enough yet to cover 11,12,13 as well as May can.

kinghippo

Juniors
Parramatta doing is a favour, or would we prefer a storm win? On balance I think it’s better if Parramatta win, as I don’t think they can catch the storm or us. So it helps us get the minor premiership.
I think a parra win is good for us, puts us 3 points clear if we keep winning.
Although Parra seem to be a bit of a confidence team at the moment, it may boost them up but hopefully we burst their bubble again in a few weeks.

I think a parra win is good for us, puts us 3 points clear if we keep winning.
Although Parra seem to be a bit of a confidence team at the moment, it may boost them up but hopefully we burst their bubble again in a few weeks.

Yeah my main concern is playing the storm in week 1. If we get the minor premiership that is pretty much impossible, I can’t see the storm falling to 4th.

mxlegend99

Referee
I can see the headlines now, the Eels pumping themselves up. They only put 14 points on a undermanned storm side, we would have put the cleaners on them.
They got all the penalties and some very lucky calls.

Eels first try came off the back of them making an error. Then receiving a penalty for marker not being square supposedly.

Eels second try came off the back of a scrum awarded to them for an error that never happened. Replays showed JAC never lost control.

They can hang their hat on defending Storm to nil. But they were missing everyone that made them the Storm. So while its 2 points and a bit of a confidence builder. Its far from their best footy still.

Jane Murray

Bench
They got all the penalties and some very lucky calls.

Eels first try came off the back of them making an error. Then receiving a penalty for marker not being square supposedly.

Eels second try came off the back of a scrum awarded to them for an error that never happened. Replays showed JAC never lost control.

They can hang their hat on defending Storm to nil. But they were missing everyone that made them the Storm. So while its 2 points and a bit of a confidence builder. Its far from their best footy still.

Did you watch Craig Bellamy's post match video? He did not hold back. I am not computer savvy, so I can not upload the video. Also, I agree with you 100%.

LukeLewis3

Juniors
We have a real chance at closing out the minor premiership. Parra don't look up for it to be honest, Melbourne and the Roosters are rattled by injuries. Really hope we can beat Cronulla with no injuries tonight. Massive game.

maple_69

Bench
Controversial mx.

I’m not overly worried about the Eels at this point. They rode a wave of good form for a couple months but have been ordinary the last month , with minimal injury disruption. If it was Easts/Storm Id back them to turn it around but unsure the Eels can. If a side just clicks in attack I think it’s lights out for them.

Storm and Roosters it just depends on when their guys are back. We should have hunger and health on our side, if not experience.

On the interchange convo I agree that it’s not utilised enough on impact players/potential game changers. With a Peachey you can have your cake and eat it to which is why he made Origin. May is probably similar. If you don’t have that rare player though I’d much rather a guy I can put on in the last 20 to win/change a game. Shuffling second rowers/centres/wingers is not a huge deal these days nor is edge forwards and middle forwards shuffling around.

Latest posts