What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15: Parra v Storm GAME DAY thread (20/8/20)

Eelementary

Post Whore
We were on a hiding to nothing tonight. Thought Stone played well.

Put 40 on the Storm tonight - "congrats - you beat up on a crippled team!"

Lose to the Storm tonight - "you suck - you lost to a crippled team!"

I agree - we were on a hiding to nothing.

I thought we looked better than we have in weeks, even despite our high error count.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Breaking news - the Parramatta Eels have the number one defence in the competition.

Don't forget who broke the news, fellas.

hindy111

Post Whore
Storm beat up on injury-ravaged Roosters (and cheat by having 14 on the field to stop a try), and the media say, "How good are Melbourne? Cameron Smith's c**k tastes like licorice, and ecstasy!"

Eels EASILY beat an injury-riddled Storm, without cheating, despite the Storm's best attempts to grub their way to victory, and the media say, "The Eels were bad. Melbourne were missing Cammy Wammy - I'm having Cam c**k withdrawals!"

Seriously, though - they all celebrated the Storm for beating a Roosters side that was massively down on troops, but they refuse to give us kudos,

Oh, well - 2 points is 2 points.

And being the first team in 6 years to keep the Storm scoreless is pretty sweet.

One of our tries come from us getting a penalty when it should of been their ball.
They also missed a try by a marginal forward pass. I thought we where poor. They looked better drilled and stuck to the plan but lacked the big name players to execute. We seemed to play erratic.

Dibs

Bench
He makes Braith Anasta look semi-coherent.
Cronk and Anasta together is cringe worthy. We all know how stupid Anasta is but when you put Cronk next to him you have to wonder if he has even seen a game of footy before. I heard a bit of that tonight from brandy with Cronk there as well

Eelementary

Post Whore
One of our tries come from us getting a penalty when it should of been their ball.
They also missed a try by a marginal forward pass. I thought we where poor. They looked better drilled and stuck to the plan but lacked the big name players to execute. We seemed to play erratic.

It shouldn't have been their ball - they were offside. Them being offside over-rules the knock-on/forward pass/offside call.

They were better drilled, and looked better - and were held scoreless, and to fewer metres than we made.

hindy111

Post Whore
If I had to power rank right now. I'd have 3 side infront.

I'd also be putting a small margin between us,raiders,knights and sharks. Even souths.
Tbh I wouldn't be confident beating any in finals.

strider

Post Whore
No it didnt ... pay f**kin attention ... they were offside, hence the penalty preceded the knock on

And it was a f**kin forward pass ... even Brandy thought so

Eelementary

Post Whore

I'd also be putting a small margin between us,raiders,knights and sharks. Even souths.

Fair enough.

For me, I was worried that we had stalled; our defence has been strong all year, but our attack seemed to have pleateaud.

Despite making a lot of errors tonight, I felt we attacked with more fluidity, and purpose, than we have for more than 6 weeks; I honestly did not think we had this improvement in us, and so seeing that we are capable of improving from one week to the next excites me.

Are we Premiership favourites? Hell, no.

Will we keep improving, and be firing at the right time of the year? I believe so, yes.

strider

Post Whore

Its 2 months til the GF ... i will freak out in october if we are playing like this