What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are we buying for 2021 onwards

Campion

Juniors
Burton would be great. I rate him as akin to Maloney at the Storm before he came to the Warriors. Tremendous potential stuck behind players that will never be moved.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Burton will certainly be targeted by several Sydney teams and unlikely come to us but Gus might have a bit of background with him or the family from his Panthers days. A bit like Tex Hoy at Newcastle. Plays standoff/fullback. They’ve just signed Green and he’s not getting a start there at fullback in a hurry. Maybe Brown has some pull?

Penrose_11

Juniors
Sharkies page saying their club has finally locked in Toby as of yesterday and should soon be announced officially

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
He was never coming once he decided to backflip.

Only question now is - did we give up on him because we had no choice or are we close to signing someone that makes up for the hole he would leave in our 2021 roster?

Big Marn

Juniors
yeh i dont know how it would go down in Penrith if Gould arranged one of their most promising juniors to join us. Not that I believe it will happen. There was an article a few weeks back where Gould was raving on about Burton and how Penrith should be locking him up.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
I've seen in an article where Payten has said that Keighran will probably offered another extension.

I find that confusing, unless it's for depth. After giving him the first 4 games at the start of last season they haven't given him a proper chance in first grade, yes injuries haven't helped but now we decide we want him?

Stop f**King him around, I woukd be frustrated if I was him

Penrose_11

Juniors
But i’m guessing this decision has been made since Brown/Gus have come on board. Keighran was ex Panthers and there as an up in comer when Gus was still around

playdaball

Bench
But i’m guessing this decision has been made since Brown/Gus have come on board. Keighran was ex Panthers and there as an up in comer when Gus was still around

I'm sure Gus played a part in him coming to the Warriors. Actually I think it may have been Egan.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I find that confusing, unless it's for depth. After giving him the first 4 games at the start of last season they haven't given him a proper chance in first grade, yes injuries haven't helped but now we decide we want him?

Stop f**King him around, I woukd be frustrated if I was him
I'm sure he has the option to decline the contract and go and play for all the other teams who are lining up to give him regular first grade footy.

Tongue

Juniors
Bevan French looking for an NRL deal. Last game I watched of him in the Superleague, he was dominant.
Should the Warriors have a sniff?
Both halves and fullback depth. Utility role.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Always liked French, one of those instinctive indigenous players that could sniff a try anywhere and was lightning quick.

Only problem with him is he was only good when his team had the ball. Sucked in defence.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Hopoate may well turn into more than just a loan player

Hasler said last night that he wouldn’t call him back for next week, to which John replied on Social Media “good, we don’t want to come back, ever”

Fufu Andronez

First Grade

Hasler said last night that he wouldn’t call him back for next week, to which John replied on Social Media “good, we don’t want to come back, ever”
Must be a strange dynamic out at Manly with John and his sons going through the club. Always seems to have something to say

BLN2

Juniors

Bloody hell, John is a nut case. Pretty short sighted considering the time, money and development the club has put in him. Even if there is something we don't know, it's a rubbish attitude.

I can see us offering a short deal for next season if he likes the team, where he'd be hoping to get game time and get a good deal back in Sydney for 2022. Or a club like the Dogs will throw big coin at him and take the gamble.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Really weird stuff, Hasler and Hoppa always had a decent relationship and they gave John a 2nd chance after he couldn’t keep his fingers to himself, gave Will his debut and then he buggered off for a bigger pay cheque, announced before he had even been in his mission, stuck by Jamil pre and post prison time and tried to get him an NRL start, and offered a pretty decent contract to Albert considering he has done his ACL twice and they rehabbed him back

John is doubling down this morning abusing the crap out of people and saying “**** Manly” etc

Albert may very well turn into a superstar, but if the Hopoate name has a line put through it at the Manly club, I won’t complain

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Bloody hell, John is a nut case. Pretty short sighted considering the time, money and development the club has put in him. Even if there is something we don't know, it's a rubbish attitude.

I can see us offering a short deal for next season if he likes the team, where he'd be hoping to get game time and get a good deal back in Sydney for 2022. Or a club like the Dogs will throw big coin at him and take the gamble.

Has been some rumours going around that Barrett was trying to get him across to the Dogs along with Fainu. On a side note Fainu was someone who liked Johns Instagram comment

Again, Hasler has stood by the kid, to the point of picking him up from the cop shop etc and backing him to the hilt. Nice payback again there if that is his attitude

Latest posts